Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54620 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2013, 09:00:42 am »

P.P.S. I think the Triads are a real-world organized crime group. Please note that the Triads in Super-RtD may bear no resemblance to real Triads.

((Why would you call them the Triads of all things, then?))

Examine offers of free tickets to Jerusalem. Anything suspicious about them? Also, try to find out the Messiah's real name, if available.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2013, 09:04:45 am »

P.P.S. I think the Triads are a real-world organized crime group. Please note that the Triads in Super-RtD may bear no resemblance to real Triads.
((Why would you call them the Triads of all things, then?))
((First thing that came to mind, I guess. I don't actually know much about how any organized crime works. Or disorganized crime.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2013, 09:05:28 am »

Wait for a guard to get close and smash their head into the cell bars until they stop moving.
((All things given am I really a hero still?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2013, 09:06:02 am »

((I'm waiting until you do more than be arrested to move you.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2013, 09:07:29 am »

((I'm planning on beating a guard into my cell bars for no given reason and I'm still a good guy? Sweet.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2013, 09:09:30 am »

You haven't yet, so no one knows you will. And, really, the difference between hero and villain is all in public perception.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2013, 09:16:01 am »

((First thing that came to mind, I guess. I don't actually know much about how any organized crime works. Or disorganized crime.))

((Triads work like your average criminal organization from what I've gathered - they've got ceremonies of their own, a power structure (with a Dragon Head at the top, middle-management and advisors beneath him, regular thugs beneath them). Notable differences from the Italian Mafia are that they are Chinese in origin and that they are better known for their work in counterfeiting and pirating stuff than other organizations, though they do the other stuff in notable amounts as well.

Triads making superheroes would be pretty funny, as it does tie into the counterfeiting thing.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2013, 09:23:22 am »

Erin found she liked the idea of terrifying people. Some people needed to be terrified...

She found herself listening to the Ghosts, some of whom were stronger than the others, and they convinced her. She had a unique ability, one that could giver her great power, but allow her to remain incognito. She could do what she wanted...and face no consequence. It was a deliciously tempting idea.

She found herself in front of the hopefully empty Gortons Theater at dead midnight, where she had auditioned for the role of 'Silver Scarlet' in a historical 40's period hero drama. She had, of course, been rejected in favor of someone else...and the play hadn't sold very well anyway. Revenge could come later. She was more interested in the costume room. She had liked the look and feel of that dress. It made her feel sexy. And powerful. Silver Scarlet had been a truly terrifying foe of the orders of law and justice, once upon a time-in fact, was one of the first female villains to make her mark on the world. Of course, eventually she was captured-stripped of her powers, and sent to prison where she died of a painful opportunistic foot infection, said history-though some alleged she had been brutalized and murdered by the prison guards. An unfortunate end. Her memory deserved justice.

Silver Scarlet was about to be reborn.

Erin thought this was a good start as any.

Action: Break into one of my old theaters at midnight-find the 'Silver Scarlet' costume there, that I could use to hide my identity. Try to avoid detection for now...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2013, 09:58:57 am »

Tell the guard that the hole is an illusion, shoot the cell bars!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2013, 10:00:47 am »

((Triads work like your average criminal organization from what I've gathered - they've got ceremonies of their own, a power structure (with a Dragon Head at the top, middle-management and advisors beneath him, regular thugs beneath them). Notable differences from the Italian Mafia are that they are Chinese in origin and that they are better known for their work in counterfeiting and pirating stuff than other organizations, though they do the other stuff in notable amounts as well.

Triads making superheroes would be pretty funny, as it does tie into the counterfeiting thing.))
Thanks for the info. I hope that this will make this RtD less immersion-breaking. Considering that it's based off of people with such diverse abilities as turning into demons, super-strength, and being made of silver, I can't imagine that it would hurt too much.
Sig

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2013, 10:28:24 am »

The metal crumpled between his hands as easily as paper and Dick smiled widely, satisfied. Dropping the bent bar of metal, he straighted; the stiff breeze carrying the distinct scent of rust and iron. Even the metal bars at the scrapyard weren't heavy enough to pose a challenge anymore.

"AWW RIIIGHT!" He shouted to the wind. Now THIS was more like it. He could feel power running through his legs; his arms; everywhere. Raw power, supplemented by modern technology pulsed through his being. All those years, being called 'skinny little dick'. Now who's the skinny one, losers? He never felt this good before.

But he felt more than good... He felt GREAT.

Dick took out and examined the plastic tube of pills the Triad handed him and gave it a shake. It was amazing how such little things can give a man so much. The rush of adrenaline, the feeling of being on top of the world. Just one pill and you swore that you could fly, even for a moment. You felt so good that you wanted even more.

Images began to fly from his mind. He saw himself punching criminals, catching them by the dozen. You are a hero, he whispered. An evil skeletal villain having a reign of terror on a city, and mercilessly crushed by Dick Winston himself. You are a hero, it whispered. Walking into a building, seeing the awe on the common people's faces as they forget what they were doing just to gaze at him. You are a hero, they'll whisper.

But not now. Soon. Soon all the villains will tremble before him. They will run in fear from his strength. They will clench their teeth in terror just at his name. His new name.

Garrison.

And maybe, his Id whispered seductively in his mind, Even the heroes will bow to me then.

Head to the roughest part of the city, proceed to actively hunt criminals.

((Also, how does this CR4k drug addiction work? I guess I'll have to take it periodically so my guy doesn't suffer a crash, and I'll need to get a new batch of drugs from the Triad when I run out. Do I need to pay for the drugs? Do I even have any cash with me right now?))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:08:20 am by IpunchFaces »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2013, 11:51:35 am »

You either need to pay or do services for them. Or do jobs for them, get paid, and use the money to buy CR4k.
Sig

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »

I see. Scrap my previous action if you haven't written it, I suppose. I'll Meet with the Triad to see what sort of jobs they're offering.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »

Amongst the panic and anger triggered by this transformation was a blizzard of thoughts. Adi was silver now. SILVER! She wasn't, she thought, probably even human... but she'd been still, perfectly still for four days, no flesh, no bone, just... this... "semi-organic silver." It made her like her father... and it probably was the accursed man's fault in the first place, that she was, not... not human anymore. Adi had to resist screaming, or, or just give up. She couldn't have a normal life anymore, she'd been robbed of that, transformed so close to her father's powers, almost as if a sign she were destined to have to follow him.

...But if that was destiny, then screw fate. She'd follow her own path. And she did have one or two things she could to for vengeance, yes she did. She'd ended up wanting to oppose her father even before this happened. Now she'd have vengeance on him, his cronies, and villains who used the same magic that transformed her into this. She couldn't very well just walk around town anymore, could she? But at night, she could go out then, and even fight villains.

However, first things first... she needed to figure out how to cover herself in the daytime. Something to utterly cover herself in. If she was made of silver now, she wasn't very well going to let anyone see it. Avoid as much irregularity in day life as she could. Maybe get a shadow, a shadow of a normal life, even.

Adi attempts to find something to utterly cover herself head-to-toe with.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2013, 12:52:26 pm »

"Huh.  I don't want to jump to conclusions here.  What if I hurt a hero?  Hmm... maybe this amulet could actually be of use at least once ever?"
Duck into the nearest alleyway and wait for the fight to finish.  After that generate the sound of a woman screaming, and indistinct male voices.  If the winner of the fight comes closer, reveal myself and talk to him.  If he walks away, go after him sneakily, get the knife to his throat.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45