Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54551 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 11:27:08 pm »

((Sorry, had internet issues when I tried to post earlier, so I wasn't entirely sure that my post went through. Evidently it didn't. xP))

Make some loose armor and a light club.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 08:40:59 am »

Run to the 1st Bank, take MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
Alright. You march down to the nearest bank, not knowing where the First Bank is. It's a fairly small institution, the kind of bank that relies on the statistical probability of superheroes in its customers to serve as security guards and where the bank keeps an absolute minimum of cash on hand. You head in, casing the joint. There is a counter with a pair of clerks behind it, a somewhat long line in front of it, and a door behind the counter that presumably leads to things like offices and the vault. There are two security cameras on the ceiling, with blinking lights. As noted, there are no actual security guards, but with a couple dozen customers there's probably a few superheroes...probably one or two that would try and stop you.
You remember that bank robbers usually have a plan. What's yours?

turn on tv, laugh as smithers gets taken down instantly.

Check what military tech survived the crash.

also check to see if i can discretely access the internet anywhere nearby, if so download all the mapping data on Chicago i can and burn it to disc. (subway tunnels, sewage systems, building plans for important structures like banks, corporate headquarters and government buildings)
1. You check the television for any interesting news. Hm, seems that a group of heroes called the Arthropoid Avengers just took down this dragon guy. You chuckle to yourself about acronyms and check your stuff.
2. Hm...well, not much "survived," per se. You have milspec scraps, but nothing that actually...wait, what's this?
3. You find a pretty intact laptop, with the biggest problems being the busted screen and lack of charging cord. A little bit of scrap wiring and such, hook it up to the television and--yes! Internet! You download all the map data you can find on Chicago locations. Thank goodness for milspec hard drive capacities. Wait, should that be "Thank evilness"? You're kinda new to the "supervillain" thing...

"By Jove! I've got it!"
Oszkar, his ancient mind virtually aflame with thoughts of telling these people what it's all really about. However, first he'd have to figure out what it's all really about. And how to tell them. To do this, he shall go to the park! He always thought better in the park.
Think of a way to not be so abominably old anymore. That would make those youngsters listen to me, I bet.
[5] Hm...obviously, you can't just will yourself younger...you've heard that some of the more general-purpose healing supers can cure old age, but you'd have to find one willing to heal--wait, you remember one. There was this girl a few years back, called herself Messiah, had healing powers and got herself into trouble when it was discovered that she was not, actually, the Messiah. Now you just need to find her...

Kyle goes out to get a job.
At the police station or something.
[1-1] Kyle has no qualifications whatsoever, yet he decides to try and become a police officer. He promptly discovers that he has an outstanding arrest warrant from something he did on a trip to Chicago a few years back and is tossed in jail. Bail is significantly more than $124.63; trial will be in about a week.
Lucky you.

Get a badly made costume, like the first spider-man one.
You purchase a cheap Spider-Man costume.

Determine the full extent of my powers.
Your amulet can generate pretty much any noise you can think of, and it can get pretty loud...you decide not to test how loud when your neighbor shouts at you to turn it down.

Head off to try out my powers by reshaping a dumpster or something.
Make some loose armor and a light club.
[4,6] You make a loose set of ugly, somewhat disgusting green-and-gray metal armor from a dumpster. From the remainder, you make a club that you realize once you try to lift it that you really shouldn't be trying to lift it.

-----

Irving Love: [3,4,5]
While doing average things, you find a non-average contraption. The main part looks something like a metallic hair-net, with a few nodes scattered at even intervals across it. A large on where the middle of the head is has an extendable wire on it. In a moment of curiosity, you put it on and promptly hear the thoughts of people around you. You even figure out how to "meld" with their minds to share thoughts and/or look deeper. Not ten minutes into the experimentation, though, you discover an issue: You promptly get major brain damage. Only time will tell what our brain-damaged telepath will do...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 08:45:14 am »

Wonder why I have a minus one to getting a job while I make an illusion that makes it seem that I'm not in my cell. Contemplate becoming a villain.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 09:02:28 am »

Time for work, go to my job
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

Wonder why I have a minus one to getting a job
Specifically a job at becoming a police officer. Which has fairly strict qualifications. It's not that you're bad at getting a job, it's that the job is bad at being gotten.
If it makes you feel any better, things wouldn't have been a lot better if you had only gotten a 1. Maybe a $100 bail.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 09:06:51 am »

((Do I even have that kind of money? And where's the my rights and they never told me what I'm in for.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 09:09:59 am »

You have about $125 in cash and bank account; which are you thinking of; and, um, I didn't think that specifically.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 09:12:25 am »

The Messiah. What a name, Oszkar thinks. Such promise, such wonder! But whatever happened to this blessed youngster, he wonders.

Well, time to find out!

Go to a library and use one of them newfangled computers that they've presumably got. Find info on this Messiah.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 09:12:59 am »

((Then I'm changing my action, the arrest isn't lawful unless they read me my rights.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 09:19:54 am »

((Then I'm changing my action, the arrest isn't lawful unless they read me my rights.))

((Actually, they only need to read you your rights if they interrogate you, if I remember it right. Which they didn't, it seems.))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:21:40 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 09:21:40 am »

Also, just because I didn't say that they didn't do X doesn't mean they didn't. For instance, I never said that they locked the cell door, but that's a reasonable assumption, now isn't it?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 09:22:20 am »

True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2013, 09:35:21 am »

check and pocket the "whats this" then stash the rest and use my new maps to plan a route to reach my company building undetected.

Disguise self and buy replacement laptop screen, head back to lair and fix my laptop.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 09:36:29 am »

[I'm searching up brain damage to see how I should play this. Neurocognitive deficits, monothematic delusions, amnesic-confabulatory syndrome... I can work with this. I can work with this indeed!

Completely random, not-at-all-about-the-above mini-poll for you guys. Pick a number that's one through four for me, can yah?]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2013, 09:37:32 am »

((Three.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45