Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54543 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2013, 09:37:55 am »

((3.1594))

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2013, 09:41:55 am »

Charge in, guns blazing, come peacefully with the arresting officers.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2013, 09:43:29 am »

((2))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2013, 09:46:52 am »

((One))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2013, 09:55:41 am »

Go out! Patrol for evil! Because yeah!
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2013, 10:19:18 am »

[Three it is. Tad sterotypical though, but nothing says I can't have Irving swap between the four if he takes a good enough knock.

Sadly, I can't post much right now, outta time. Just skip me this turn if needed, I'll catch the next with something that is more fitting and deserved of this character.]

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

Can I generate noises from other places, only from the amulet, or from my body?  If I can generate noises at a distance, how far, and does my level of control or power diminish?  Can I generate complex sound, such as replicating Freddie Mercury's voice or playing orchestral music?  Do I have to be wearing the amulet, or can I take it off and still generate noise?  What if I'm wearing it outside my clothes so it's not touching my skin, or holding it in my hand, or I step on it (lightly)?

Once these important questions have been answered, head to the costume shop and look for anything that looks like a generic superheroing outfit (don't want to be too identifiable).  Can't be too hard to find around these parts, right?  Pay in cash.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2013, 02:46:38 pm »

I'm searching up brain damage to see how I should play this. Neurocognitive deficits, monothematic delusions, amnesic-confabulatory syndrome... I can work with this. I can work with this indeed!
Precisely how I hoped it would happen. I could force a psychosis on you, but it's more fun for all involved to have you choose one you want to roleplay.

Can I generate noises from other places, only from the amulet, or from my body?  If I can generate noises at a distance, how far, and does my level of control or power diminish?  Can I generate complex sound, such as replicating Freddie Mercury's voice or playing orchestral music?  Do I have to be wearing the amulet, or can I take it off and still generate noise?  What if I'm wearing it outside my clothes so it's not touching my skin, or holding it in my hand, or I step on it (lightly)?
You've probably already determined this stuff, so:
1. Just from the amulet.
2. If you can imagine it. Complex sounds (ie, orchestral music) require more concentration, and it will only be as accurate as your memory of the sound.
3. It needs to be in contact with your skin. Or possibly other tissues, but you haven't determined a safe way to test if it can be used if in contact with only, say, your muscles.

Once these important questions have been answered, head to the costume shop and look for anything that looks like a generic superheroing outfit (don't want to be too identifiable).  Can't be too hard to find around these parts, right?  Pay in cash.
The only problem with this request is the "generic" idea. A "generic" superhero who actually fought crime might actually stand out due to the lack of an average hero anywhere.
In other words, I'd appreciate a bit more specificity. You could easily get, say, a Superman costume, or a Flash costume, or a Fantastic Four costume, or even an Iron Man costume (*Not intended for use as actual armor), or with a bit more effort something like one of those but with different patterns or colors.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »

(Damn, that limits its usefulness a lot.  Oh well.)

Ok, how about this: a black, plain hoodie over a black t-shirt, loose black track pants, thin white gloves, white running shoes, and a plain white face mask.  Also, noise-dampening earplugs.  Wear the amulet underneath the t-shirt, in contact with my skin, leaving the hoodie open so it doesn't muffle the noise.  Face mask goes on the face, earplugs in the ears, hood over the head.
Finally, get myself a weapon.  Anything available, though a gun would be preferable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2013, 03:44:10 pm »

How much are you wanting to stick to legal channels for the weapon?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 03:46:45 pm »

I was thinking of picking one up from a mugger or something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »

So...are you going to actively seek out a mugger to take his gun, or just hope one falls into your hands?
Sig

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:51 pm »

Before I answer that question, I have a question of my own.

Can I shape or direct the noises I generate, or do they radiate equally in all directions?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2013, 06:32:07 pm »

As far as you can determine, you cannot shape the sounds. If you had some sort of sound-reflective material, you could probably turn it into a sonic gun that way, but otherwise it's equal in all directions.
Sig

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 07:02:48 pm »

Grab a kitchen knife, go out and look for crime.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45