Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54630 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2013, 10:40:35 pm »

((Very well. I shall accept this handwave from the GM and leave well enough alone. Will we still experience some of the unpleasantness that inherently comes with these bombs still? Like Nuclear Winter an' all that Jazz?))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2013, 10:43:04 pm »

This is a pretty low-powered bomb that went off, more radiation than explosion. Something like a dirty bomb's cousin, I guess. Except super-scienced a little.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »

Okies. Will we get to see the aftermath soon?
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2013, 10:47:59 pm »

Sure. I'm trying to catch up to everything at once due to being offline most of the day, though. Thankfully, I intend to stay up late tonight for online reasons having nothing to do with Bay12.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:36 pm »

Continue to pummel rapist. Try not to kill him. But beating him until his bones are broken is okay.
[4] You continue to pummel him. The rape victim starts to head away.
The sun is setting.

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
EDIT: Oh, and use a Geiger counter on myself when I finish running away.
[1] You attempt to abandon mech, but in another rookie mistake you made the exits require power.
Two heroes with super-strength pick up the suit and help the police get it into an oversized, reinforced van.

"Whoah, what the fuck was that? Was that a fucking BOMB?!?" Damien looks around and sees that some of the people are dead, and many more are badly wounded. Training kicks in, and he immediately tries to take control of the situation. "All right, I want a head count! Who's wounded and who's dead? You!" He grabs a nearby doctor. "How well supplied are you?" He shouts to everyone in earshot. "All right, listen up! I can deal with the radiation, but I'll need you all to come to me! Make sure that everone's all right! Priorities should be those who're wounded the worst! I'll go see how bad it is out there! MOVE!!"

Take stock of situation, issue orders, then go outside.
[4] People listen to the faintly glowing guy and start helping each other out.

Being resuscitated from a state of being best described as a burning and blasted pile of flesh is certainly a new feeling for Oszkar, as is the sensation of being at ground zero of a thermonuclear attack. But he seems to be alright, due in large part to Paladin's efforts.
"I'm not sure I can thank you adequately, miss, for healing me like this."
He stands up and dusts himself off. He felt... different somehow. No time to think about that now, though.
"You wouldn't happen to know where the local bomb shelter is, would you? I was about to request you to possibly cure my advanced age, but that would be a rather terrible imposition presently. In addition, I don't think sticking around in a giant radioactive crater is in our best interest, if I remember the documentaries right."
Ask. Follow Paladin if she knows where to go.
"Somehow, I don't think that bomb shelters would help." Paladin sticks a finger in her ear. "Ayup. Come with me, we're going to go help people."

"Urgh... What... was THAT?! WHAT?! THE H*LL?! WAS THAT?! Ooffffff... I feel... a lot less solid than I should... ggghhh..." Adi trudges off towards the source of the explosion.
[6] She does so, trailed unenthusiastically by Blitz for about a block and a half. She looks around where she assumes the bomb went off, looking for clues. She sees a distinctive figure watching, and hurrying away when it sees her.
Eight feet tall, gray skin, green hair, almost completely unharmed? Gray Merrow. One of Leadfist's minions.

Finn sighs, trying to think of something sufficiently heroic, this thought's interrupted by the explosion quaking the ground around him.
His eyes widen as he considers the implications here.
"Ohhh crap...
Alright what the hell do I do here... Get some lead for a shield... Nah. That wouldn't work too well... And what about the rest of these people."
Finn sighs again, then gets to work trying to calm and lead the civilians around him out of the city, or to a bomb shelter.
[2] Those around him are a bit panicky for some reason.

As Kyle walks away from the old man and the shotgun lady, grumbling about old people today, a policeman decides to make his day even better by arresting him for the little misunderstanding back at the shop.  As the police officer attempts to handcuff him, he attempts to explain the situation.
"I know it looked bad, but it was a simple misunderstanding, and we both resolved it peacefully.  No hard feelings, right?"
The police officer however was having none of it, and deciding that resisting arrest is not the most heroic thing to do, Kyle decides to go along with it.  As the officer is putting the handcuffs on however, everything suddenly flashed white and a wave of boiling air sent both of them, and most of the surrounding objects, tumbling through the air. 
When he came to, Kyle got to his feet and found that he was in remarkably good health, though his clothing was in even worse condition than before.  He found his surrounding hadn't faired quite so well, with most of the surrounding buildings destroyed, and dead and dying people everywhere, including the arresting officer who was charred almost beyond recognition.  He looked around, shocked at the scene that met his eyes.  His first thoughts were what had caused this catastrophe, and how widespread was it?  He then decided that he should be acting more like a hero, and ran over to the nearest injured and tried to aid them however possible. 
Try to aid any injured in the vicinity.  Afterwards, investigate the source of the explosion.
[1] You decide to stop trying to help after the fifth guy dies on you. [2] You can't find the source of the explosion--lots of crowds and stuff.

-Otta get away, gotta get away, gotta get away! Step after step the hooded man's feet fell on the pavement as he dashed as fast as he could away. His ears rang, his eyes burn, his skin itched, his brain twitched. He isn't sure what happened, everything seemed a blur, but it slowly came back to him. Love didn't care where he was going, as long as it was away.
-snip-
[6v1-1] The police--if that's what they are--seem completely oblivious of Irving as he flees, fleeing, fleeing!
@!*$#)$*%*#@%(
Kill everyone and everything.
You start with a crazy guy running down the street.
[6v2] You stick the knife directly in the nutjob's abdomen.
Irving reacts. This man...who is he working for? Why did he stab him? What's going on?

finish him, or at least gouge out his eyes.
[4] You haul burning rubble off the man and [1] can't bring yourself to gouge out his eyes. Instead, you drag him out of the fire and examine him. You hear faint pneumatic hisses coming from his metal bits. His burns are less severe than you'd expect, especially around the edges.

Ferris Parson: [2,5,2]
Ferris hurt. It was terrible. Being so close to a nuclear explosion? It's amazing he wasn't worse-off.
It hurts.
And, slowly, the pain stops.
Parson wakes up. He remembers. The big guy, the bomb, the switch. The big guy hit him.
Ferris looks down. He sees what must be himself, right? But it's mixed with these bits of car...how is he alive? He tries to move his fingers, and sees them wriggle several feet away.
Slowly, he discovers that he can pull himself together. As he does, machine bits are getting added. He stands up, feeling wheels turn inside of him. He's not really human now, is he?
Then what is he?
I'm ready... Ready for what? Revenge? Something more, maybe?

Evening has come.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:24 am »

Kyle stops pummeling the rapist and asks for the victim to come back so he has a witness to what he did. He also takes off his trenchcoat and hands it to her should she come over.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

"That certainly sounds agreeable, though I was suggesting a shelter more to shield ourselves from radiation and fallout - that was hardly the cleanest explosion one could create. But yes, lead on."

Follow Paladin. Check if I am somehow obviously different.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2013, 12:09:47 am »

Punch at the walls of the van! I SHALL BE FREE!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2013, 12:11:45 am »

You are stuck in an inactive mechsuit.
Sig

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2013, 12:11:50 am »

Tell man he better know how to fry some brains if he wants to live.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 22, 2013, 12:21:03 am »

You are stuck in an inactive mechsuit.
PUNCH THE MECHSUIT
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 22, 2013, 12:36:15 am »

((Question, why would i lift the rubble when im trying to kill someone? Shouldnt i pile more on?))

drag winston over to a nearby building or street lamp and crucify him as an example not to fuck with me. Head back to my apartment and collect all my stuff.

Whether the crucifiction is nails through the hands or just tying him in the correct position i care not, just make sure its completed this turn.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:06:08 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 22, 2013, 12:49:15 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist/Join. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:34:40 am by Chink »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 22, 2013, 12:56:15 am »

Damien finds himself on the horns of a dilemna, as they say. He wants to stay and help these people, but he needs to see just how bad it is out there. He knows he'll be fine out there. That's not what worries him. So, he stands there, his want to help and his need to know warring within him. The need wins by suggesting that they have the situation under control here, to go see who else might need help... and to take care of the dead.
"Hey, you!" The ex-C.I.A. agent calls out to the person who brought him here. "What's your name? You don't have to tell if you don't want, but I need you to keep everything in order here, Okay? I'm gonna go see how bad it is out there.

Ask questions, go to door with person.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 22, 2013, 02:13:47 am »

((Sorry guys, I'm going for an operation soon. I'll be stuck in hospital and most probably wont be available for a few days at least. I guess that means my guy is dead/unconscious. I'll be back though.))

((Edit: Or not. I'll be borrowing a friend's laptop. Guess I'll have internet access after all :> ))

Try to keep conscious and squeeze out from the rubble. Pray to the gods that the demon doesn't kill me
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:23:21 am by IpunchFaces »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45