Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft  (Read 31496 times)

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
Re: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 06:22:57 pm »

Sorry, accidental double-post!
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »

I killed a guy for his diamond gear. Normally I wouldn't, but he was being a pretty obnoxious prick. He threw a massive fit in chat, and ended up threatening to hack me. Eventually, he got himself some more gear and attacked me. I killed him, took all of his stuff, and jumped into lava. He then started threatening to hack the server. An op saw his hack threat, and banned him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:37:39 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 08:03:10 pm »

Ohhh, back in the early days of client-sided inventory, boy did I have some fun trolling/griefing on servers. My crowning moment was one that took a week to set up, and six hours to pull off.

There was a server populated by douches. Talented douches, but douches nonetheless. They were a pretty strict community, very harsh to players until you were whitelisted, which often took up to a week. I persevered, if only for the fact that my friend was already with them and helped me circumnavigate most of the blocks placed on me. Soon after I was whitelisted, however, he was banned by the god-complex admin, over a pitifully petty argument, and lo were the seeds of revenge sewn.

Temple Cliff, the main building project of the server, the summation of two month's work. A sprawling city over cobblestone avenues illuminated by streetlights, majestic mansions and taverns and towers. Interweaving patterns of iron and gold lined the murals, as flowers adorned the streets. Above it all, upon its namesake cliff, sat 'The Temple', the admin's glorious monument to himself. A towering citadel set against the rising sun, its silhouette against the rising sun many a first-timer's welcoming sight to the server.

Naturally, this all had to go.

So I spent a week, week and a half maybe. I recorded who was on at what time and when, who was building what and where. When the admin was on, when the least number of the Moderator cohorts were roaming about. When the server saved, and how often. An innocent question here, a little exploring there. All the while building my own project to alleviate the inevitable suspicion that would befall me once my plan had been realised.

I found it.

At 1200 GMT, every day, the server saved its single backup. On a weekday, the players usually didn't hit until after 1600 (work & school I assumed). Heavy snowing the previous night, a snow day for my school was a guarantee. So I slept earlier that night, and woke up in the wee hours of the morning. I logged on to the server, and began the long task of casting down this digital Jericho.

I acquired TNT. And a lot of it.

Gunpowder, treason and plot. With those words I carved a labyrinthine maze beneath the city, a network of tunnels below the foundations. Below each building I carved out a massive hole, and filled each with scores of TNT. One errant click, one accidentally-set block, and the whole plan would blow up, so to speak. It was a good five hours when the final pit of TNT had been filled. Then I began connecting them. The maze became a giant fuse, a block of TNT every four spaces to ensure they didn't fly off when detonated. Another hour passed at least before I was done connecting them, and then I carved the final tunnel: the primary ignition. Far away from the city, and the Temple, it was the final piece in this plan, the 'kill-all' switch. 1130, the time till execution was still a half-hour away, so I bided my time, and watched as trickles of other players began to enter the server.

With 10 minutes to go, I ran to the Temple, and spawning some obsidian, covered the place in the stuff. I retreated back to the primary ignition hole. I needed to draw the others to the hill, too see their kingdom fall, see their arrogance that was built in iron and stone fall.

"Someone's griefed the temple, there's obsidian EVERYWHERE."

Like locusts the other players swarmed in, removing the obsidian before the wrath of the yet-to-emerge admin could befall them.

I hit the first block of TNT, and ran to the Temple.

A steady monotonous beat. *boom*....*boom*...*boom*...

Nothing. The server chat remained full of the ramblings to each other. I had failed. Somewhere the TNT had failed to detonate, was too far away. It was too risky to rebuild the tunnel, someone might notice me running off again, someone might-

"HOLY FUCK THE CITY'S EXPLODING".

Like the calm before the storm, there was but a deathly silence.

Then came the downpour.

They rushed out of the Temple, screaming disbelief until, as they reached the edge of that lofty cliff, saw their buildings fall under smoke and flying TNT. Some were in disbelief, or maybe reluctant acceptance as their buildings turned to ash, while some desperately tried to save their creations, charging off into the hellish ruins. It was all in vain. The chat was a torrent of accusations and rants and complaints, until someone mentioned that the server had a backup.

They needn't worry, they can just get the admin to revert to the previous day, their work will be safe, their precious city saved-

*SERVER BACK-UP COMPLETED*

Silenced reigned in the court of this ruined kingdom, save for a solitary "fuck".

Two months of their work, now but a pockmarked landscape. They left en masse, their rage palpable across the internet, while others, like vultures, picked through the remains for anything of value. One by one, even these scavengers logged off, never to return.

As the last one left, the sun began to set, casting its dusky glow one final time over the ruins.

Then for shits and giggles I stuck a phallus made of bedrock on the front of the Temple, and made a stream of lava come out of the tip.
That... Was beautiful poetry.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 08:33:35 pm »

I don't really ever play multiplayer...
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
I present to you one thread, won. Fair and square. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 09:05:27 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
I present to you one thread, won. Fair and square. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
Amen.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 09:17:00 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
Amen.
We didn't even make it to the second page. He didn't win, he mastered the art of timing so he could critical a critical hit to the thread, sending thousands of gibs every which way. He then proceeded to bathe in the ichor and blood of the corpse and fashion a trophy, a medal, a statuette, and a display case out of the bones, skin, chitin, and scale that could be salvaged.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 09:31:53 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
Amen.
We didn't even make it to the second page. He didn't win, he mastered the art of timing so he could critical a critical hit to the thread, sending thousands of gibs every which way. He then proceeded to bathe in the ichor and blood of the corpse and fashion a trophy, a medal, a statuette, and a display case out of the bones, skin, chitin, and scale that could be salvaged.
Still trying to figure out what the difference is.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 09:37:07 pm »

Rustle through people's chests, where they can see or hear you but are too far away to do anything about it.

Take nothing, move shit around, flee before they can catch me, laugh as they try to figure out what I did.

I like to leave pumpkins in people's chests too, if they have no other way of knowing someone was in it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49:06 pm »

I like to leave pumpkins in people's chests too, if they have no other way of knowing someone was in it.
I enjoy filling chests with rotten flesh, myself.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »

-snip-
-snip-
Amen.
I think the last post of the first page is a critical hit. Like there must be some weakpoint at that place where threads are especially vulnerable.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

I enjoy filling chests with rotten flesh, myself.
Sometimes I wish I was admin on a popular server, just to fill people's chests with worthless stuff when they're gone.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »

A girl I know at school likes to talk all the time about how much she loves Minecraft because she thinks it improves her chances with guys. One of the rare times I caught her on my circle of friends' server, I put four levers in the general area around her house and replaced her door with an iron one. Near her house's entrance, I left a sign telling her it was a combination lock with TNT set to blow the entire area to hell if she got it wrong.

She still hasn't thought to mine out the levers, because if she did she'd find out that they're just levers at random spots. One's even attached to a tree where there's no area to hide any circuitry.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »

Ohhh, back in the early days of client-sided inventory, boy did I have some fun trolling/griefing on servers. My crowning moment was one that took a week to set up, and six hours to pull off.

There was a server populated by douches. Talented douches, but douches nonetheless. They were a pretty strict community, very harsh to players until you were whitelisted, which often took up to a week. I persevered, if only for the fact that my friend was already with them and helped me circumnavigate most of the blocks placed on me. Soon after I was whitelisted, however, he was banned by the god-complex admin, over a pitifully petty argument, and lo were the seeds of revenge sewn.

Temple Cliff, the main building project of the server, the summation of two month's work. A sprawling city over cobblestone avenues illuminated by streetlights, majestic mansions and taverns and towers. Interweaving patterns of iron and gold lined the murals, as flowers adorned the streets. Above it all, upon its namesake cliff, sat 'The Temple', the admin's glorious monument to himself. A towering citadel set against the rising sun, its silhouette against the rising sun many a first-timer's welcoming sight to the server.

Naturally, this all had to go.

So I spent a week, week and a half maybe. I recorded who was on at what time and when, who was building what and where. When the admin was on, when the least number of the Moderator cohorts were roaming about. When the server saved, and how often. An innocent question here, a little exploring there. All the while building my own project to alleviate the inevitable suspicion that would befall me once my plan had been realised.

I found it.

At 1200 GMT, every day, the server saved its single backup. On a weekday, the players usually didn't hit until after 1600 (work & school I assumed). Heavy snowing the previous night, a snow day for my school was a guarantee. So I slept earlier that night, and woke up in the wee hours of the morning. I logged on to the server, and began the long task of casting down this digital Jericho.

I acquired TNT. And a lot of it.

Gunpowder, treason and plot. With those words I carved a labyrinthine maze beneath the city, a network of tunnels below the foundations. Below each building I carved out a massive hole, and filled each with scores of TNT. One errant click, one accidentally-set block, and the whole plan would blow up, so to speak. It was a good five hours when the final pit of TNT had been filled. Then I began connecting them. The maze became a giant fuse, a block of TNT every four spaces to ensure they didn't fly off when detonated. Another hour passed at least before I was done connecting them, and then I carved the final tunnel: the primary ignition. Far away from the city, and the Temple, it was the final piece in this plan, the 'kill-all' switch. 1130, the time till execution was still a half-hour away, so I bided my time, and watched as trickles of other players began to enter the server.

With 10 minutes to go, I ran to the Temple, and spawning some obsidian, covered the place in the stuff. I retreated back to the primary ignition hole. I needed to draw the others to the hill, too see their kingdom fall, see their arrogance that was built in iron and stone fall.

"Someone's griefed the temple, there's obsidian EVERYWHERE."

Like locusts the other players swarmed in, removing the obsidian before the wrath of the yet-to-emerge admin could befall them.

I hit the first block of TNT, and ran to the Temple.

A steady monotonous beat. *boom*....*boom*...*boom*...

Nothing. The server chat remained full of the ramblings to each other. I had failed. Somewhere the TNT had failed to detonate, was too far away. It was too risky to rebuild the tunnel, someone might notice me running off again, someone might-

Like the calm before the storm, there was but a deathly silence.

Then came the downpour.

They rushed out of the Temple, screaming disbelief until, as they reached the edge of that lofty cliff, saw their buildings fall under smoke and flying TNT. Some were in disbelief, or maybe reluctant acceptance as their buildings turned to ash, while some desperately tried to save their creations, charging off into the hellish ruins. It was all in vain. The chat was a torrent of accusations and rants and complaints, until someone mentioned that the server had a backup.

They needn't worry, they can just get the admin to revert to the previous day, their work will be safe, their precious city saved-

*SERVER BACK-UP COMPLETED*

Silenced reigned in the court of this ruined kingdom, save for a solitary "fuck".

Two months of their work, now but a pockmarked landscape. They left en masse, their rage palpable across the internet, while others, like vultures, picked through the remains for anything of value. One by one, even these scavengers logged off, never to return.

As the last one left, the sun began to set, casting its dusky glow one final time over the ruins.

Then for shits and giggles I stuck a phallus made of bedrock on the front of the Temple, and made a stream of lava come out of the tip.
Sigged.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 11:56:48 pm »

I get the feeling people will start to try to 1 up the post at the end of the first page.  Minecraft servers won't know what hit them.

I seriously wonder what the admin thought when he saw the server.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9