Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft  (Read 31501 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39:46 pm »

The best troll I ever saw was posting about the best trolls people have pulled off in Minecraft. Then someone finds the best one, re-posts it for free stuff on Reddit.
^ :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2014, 11:41:40 pm »

We've reached a new level of trolling.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2014, 12:59:02 am »

I wrote a plugin called "VoxelGadget" as a plugin developer on my server, and we uploaded it as a shared thing on bukkit. What it does is use dispensers to place and suck up blocks (like auto-mining one block at a time machines), and then based on a coded tail of other block types behind it, it will do special things like target blocks further out, or have logical filters, etc. It's almost like redpower tubes, but you can use it without any client mods, as it only involves vanilla blocks.

Later on, I realized that if you build two of them facing one another in just the right way, they will create blocks that then become part of the other gadget's tail thus increasing it's range by one and back and forth forever, making infinitely long lines of wool automatically.

And since it's the server placing them, not me the player, block logging mods will not allow you to undo them, and the game will automatically load new chunks wherever the server wants to place blocks, so it doesn't even stop at the horizon. It just keeps going. It also avoids any and all permissions plugins, etc. since it's the server placing blocks.

Of course, when we discovered that, we logged onto a couple specific servers that had been douchebags to us, and had downloaded the plugin, and made like 40,000 block long in all directions criss crossing non-undo-able highways of wool everywhere, and it was HI-LARIOUS.

(That bug has long since been fixed, by the way)
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2014, 01:05:25 am »

Also amusing was the everyday trolling event of going invisible, copying guest builds with worldedit, and then going visible and reviewing their builds and being like "wow I dunno if I like this wing of the house or not" and sniping it into flames and replacing it with a giant giraffe head or something, and then pasting a few disco cats going through their first and second floors, and rotating their second story in 3 dimensions a few degrees to "make it more organic" etc. etc. then being like "Nah, I don't think all of that helped very much. You should probably keep it the way you had it before" and leaving.

Not purely to be obnoxious. It was a practical test of seeing if the guests were cool, level-headed people or not who would take it in stride, or if they blew the hell up and started yelling at people.

(Then if they pass and start rebuilding, we paste their intact build back in and stuff. Not MONSTERS)

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2014, 02:28:33 am »

Since this thread seems to be back on-topic, may as well contribute.

A long time ago, when clients still held the inventory, there was a server. Lovely server, spread out over a wide area. Keep in mind, this is when fire spread infinitely.

So, I prepared some underground fuses. I spent my time lighting them, then hanging out with the builders some distance away. I did this for days. They never figured out it was me. In fairness, I didn't burn down anything that couldn't be replaced, but... still, their reactions were hilarious.

Another time, there was a pretty small server focused on some fanbase or other, almost vanilla. It was unwhitelisted, but it was a small and relatively tight-knit community so there was no need for security. Some friends and I got on, and this being a small group we didn't want to ENTIRELY take advantage of their trusting ways. As such, we didn't actually destroy anything.

Instead, we explored for awhile. We found a rail system in the nether that essentially linked together several distant and decently large cities, but most of the actual people lived in either the spawn city or another specific city. One of the cities was entirely abandoned, focused mostly on a sky island only accessible via nether portal.

First, we isolated the sky island by hiding its access portal. Nobody noticed us doing this as the whole region had been long abandoned. While I kept tabs on the players, my friends snuck into their houses, disabling security systems along the way (because of course they had redstone security) and sneaking out inventories and inventories full of goods. They were giving me a tour in the meantime, and I was verbally relaying where they would be so my friends could avoid them.

We didn't destroy the goods. We didn't use them. We hid them in a set of chests under the stairs of a house on that sky island only accessible via a hidden nether portal in a city long abandoned but connected to the main rail system of the server.

When it was done, they knew something was up, of course. They didn't suspect me at all. Later that night, when they'd left, I set up a series of signs. The signs were riddles, hints leading along a chain that eventually led back to that island, and that base.

I never did follow up on it, but I can only assume they eventually figured out the chain of puzzles and recovered their stuff in full. That said, it set them back AT LEAST a day! So there!

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2014, 02:38:07 am »

OH ^ that one reminds me.

On a more or less vanilla server I randomly found and played for a day or so, the admins were like, super haughty and ridiculous and had this giant solid bedrock pyramid complex right by spawn, which was all protected with permissions plugins and lack of any entrances (had to admin command teleport in). Had like their faces carved in the top, blah blah. Just to feel like they were cooler than everybody scratching in the dirt, because they could spawn some black blocks.

So I waited until they logged off, and spent like 4 hours probing their defenses. I found out theat they had screwed up their permissions plugin for one of the 4 pyramids for no apparent reason. So I sat there researching and figuring out how to do weird minecart glitches from threads online, and gathering resources to build the stuff I needed. Then finally, successfully glitched through the wall with some water and a floating boat that drifted through the diagonal corner where 3 blocks touched on the slope of the pyramid, or something like that.

Got inside, and the morons had lined every wall with solid diamond blocks. Which I was able to simply mine, and fill my entire inventory with diamond blocks.  Then glitched back out, and ran around placing diamond blocks all over the place, throwing stacks of diamond blocks at any other players I saw, leaving them in random chests around places in people's houses, etc. Was pretty fun.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2014, 02:49:41 am »

Ah, I knew that nickname was very similar...

Also, I think that's not the first time it was reposted. I remember reading the post elsewhere on reddit before this time and wondering why I'd seen it twice.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2014, 02:53:53 am »

The story was so epic that lots of people tried to copy it and claim credit for it probably. I was wondering the same.. Although I think i saw it in the sig thread.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2014, 02:54:27 am »

I'm pleasantly surprised that it originated here. :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2014, 05:28:30 am »

The best troll I ever saw was posting about the best trolls people have pulled off in Minecraft. Then someone finds the best one, re-posts it for free stuff on Reddit.
That isn't trolling. Trolling isn't downright malevolence. What was done back there isn't; it's despicable.

Also
I'm pleasantly surprised that it originated here. :D
^ This so much. Such nice stories.

Then they get plagiarized and claimed without even a small token towards the real author, Lucky.

I'm very glad there are timestamps.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2014, 08:50:16 am »

I don't know what this strange alien IRC called 'reddit' is that you hackers are using to discuss your pony manga on, but I went ahead and gave you a gold thingy because justice.
You are an awesome, awesome person, thank you!

Also
That isn't trolling. Trolling isn't downright malevolence. What was done back there isn't; it's despicable.

I agree. Although it's not to say that they didn't deserve it entirely, as the hive-mind mentality of 'if admin is doing it, we should too' was an unpleasant experience, I agree with hindsight that what I did was bit disproportionate. I was 15, what can you expect from a basement dweller that was one trilby away from being a full-on Reddit neckbeard?
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2014, 10:25:33 am »

...far as I'm aware, yes it is. (Referring to the Bolded part)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2014, 10:27:48 am »

So do you plan on posting it to reddit?

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2014, 10:56:22 am »

Well I suppose I should. Not sure where exactly to though
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2014, 10:59:02 am »

One of the many revenge subreddits is what I suggested. But the game ones could work too. Just post it!

http://www.reddit.com/r/prorevenge

Seriously, do it ASAP, before someone beats it to you again!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:02:45 am by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9