Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192310 times)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1200 on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:39 am »

Running a human fort.  I just invited the Drow caravan to come and visit.  I am very pleased that the gnome caravan guards did not decide to open fire.  I have a Broker and 3 bureacrats.  One is drinking and the other three are on break!  I really don't want to add another of these blowhards.  Their "conversations" are currently my biggest generator of bad thoughts.  If I didn't have a Sacred Altar to Udir the god of Revelry on Pray/R I think I would have an open revolt within my fort.  Luckily the Revelry sphere is one of the ones that removes random bad thoughts.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 27, 2014, 11:26:46 am »

My last fort had a similar problem, with breaks and parties.

b-w-E has the solution, you trade a bit of happyness to stop breaks/sleep/parties.

Just don't spam it, or you'll die from tatrums (I left it on 'r'epeat without noticing, everyone on tatrum in less than a few days)
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 31, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

My weaponsmith made me an extra shiny spear, I'm sure it'll come in handy if I'm ever attacked by lions.

"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 31, 2014, 11:44:23 pm »

My weaponsmith made me an extra shiny spear, I'm sure it'll come in handy if I'm ever attacked by lions.

Not going to do much against metal but an artifact to-hit bonus and the weight of lead is a recipe for massacre for cloth armored enemies.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 01, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »

Another day, another demon fort.

This time, I must have picked a spot right in the middle of the war between goblins and elves.  Every single time a goblin caravan has shown up, it's come with a horde of sneaking elves.  And apparently the goblins, or my succubi, have pissed them off enough that one of their royal blood has decided to join in the invasion of my fortress/extermination of every goblin caravan in existence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:  Princess Elana, I am happy to say, makes a very fine Succubi as befitting any of royal blood.  Let's see how well she does leading this little hellhole.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:19:43 pm by Treason »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 02, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »

Same fort as my last; undergoing a siege from a local human force.

No biggie, I've faced a hell of a lot harder odds from the elves.  This time, I didn't feel like doing any fighting and just withdrew the drawbridge into my fortress to wait out the siege.

My place must be famed for something, as during the mess a Red Dragon decides to show up.  Hilarity ensues.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 04, 2014, 01:20:03 am »

Okay, one of my soldier's husband is apparently her nephew. I think. One of her sister's is his aunt and another is his mother. She doesn't show up on his relationships screen as anything other than his wife though.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 04, 2014, 03:10:09 am »

Same fort as my last; undergoing a siege from a local human force.

No biggie, I've faced a hell of a lot harder odds from the elves.  This time, I didn't feel like doing any fighting and just withdrew the drawbridge into my fortress to wait out the siege.

My place must be famed for something, as during the mess a Red Dragon decides to show up.  Hilarity ensues.

It's not a succubus fort if there is no fire and smoke everywhere, the dragon fixed that.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 06, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »

Don't know if this is a bug or me being dumb but I am playing as an orc fort and got caged elfs. The problem is that when I try to pit them my orcs don't seem to do anything about the elfs. So whats happening?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 06, 2014, 03:57:10 pm »

if it's actually an elf in a cage, it's probably not a bug, that's hardcoded DF stuff.

if it's a "tin elven captive" then it is actually a TOOL, which you either build an Elf Labor Cell, or ransom it at the Shadowbroker.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 06, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »

Nope caged elves from siege but no matter what creature it is I can pit it since the orcs don't do anything.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 06, 2014, 06:15:52 pm »

I couldn't believe humans could prove to be as dumb as dwarves. I was wrong.
All the progress on my human settlement was stopped by the loss of my only miner: apparently he went for a drink and fell in the river. On the opposite corner of the map. Starting from the meeting hall, with a well in the middle of it. And stopped to drink 2 feet away from the waterfall. then dodged one of the THREE GIANT LIONS (who had been there since the beginning) and fell down the waterfall.
Why? Why did you have to do this? It was the dumbest thing you could do, for three different reasons. Just... why?
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 06, 2014, 07:47:32 pm »

I couldn't believe humans could prove to be as dumb as dwarves. I was wrong.
All the progress on my human settlement was stopped by the loss of my only miner: apparently he went for a drink and fell in the river. On the opposite corner of the map. Starting from the meeting hall, with a well in the middle of it. And stopped to drink 2 feet away from the waterfall. then dodged one of the THREE GIANT LIONS (who had been there since the beginning) and fell down the waterfall.
Why? Why did you have to do this? It was the dumbest thing you could do, for three different reasons. Just... why?
Maybe he was filming for thy olde jackasse

64legos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 06, 2014, 08:32:04 pm »

I decided to start a Warlock Fortress earlier today and was checking my starting group of warlocks...

Skeleton, skeleton, witch, peasant, gho-

Wait, peasant?

I view the peasant, and he's an Overlord.

One of my starting seven was an Overlord...

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 08, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »

Interesting.  I managed to capture a werezebra while they were in their dwarf form and now I get a message every month about them transforming in their cage.

I'm torn between putting them up as the prime attraction in a future Zoo or living up to my dungeon's namesake ("Cageseducer") and seeing if I can transform them into an Incubi and if they keep their curse.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 113