Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192267 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1140 on: August 08, 2014, 10:16:19 am »

Playing orcfort and I finally remembered to add a Corsair Squad to my military. The like, six different clans (swords, spears, axes, magic, lashers, mixed), two separate clanless warrior squads, the gunner corps and the moku headhunters ALL need lamellar leather armour, since there isn't enough wood/coke reagents to give them iron armour. Also, all my male animals got murdered by the woolly mammoths that stampede through every few months. *breaks down crying* Plus I haven't found enough souls to walk the dreamlands (I want my ancient foundry and orichalcum daikatanas damnit!) or earn a sorcery codex because the only attack was an elf bladedancer group and they broke when four of them died.

I'm struggling to scrape together enough cash to pay for bullets before the rusty steel stuff I got out of the relics runs out and for some reason ALL THE SKULLS KEEP DISAPPEARING. I NEED THOSE FOR TOTEMS. Goddamnit this is turning into one big clusterfuck since the fort keeps growing and growing. I have nothing to do with these new orcs and putting them into the military is just making the aforementioned leather armour issue even worse. Also I don't want to have to make a third clanless warrior squad (My clans need a married uruk/ronin/olog/oracle/sorcerer/druid/skald clanfather/clanmother and at least one other related warrior). Even more bad news, my meager and rationed supplies of coke/charcoal to make the scimitars/spears/mauls/axes are running out bit by bit. Why is it so freaking hard to find iron and coal in the same embark? Is it really so much to ask?

Also, is it weird that no matter which fort I'm playing, I always name my elite snaga archers Moku Headhunters?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:19:03 am by Gamerlord »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1141 on: August 08, 2014, 10:21:47 am »

Open the caverns and all your problems will be solved. You get large monsters to hunt, which give you leather for your military, and gets rid of those orcs unfit for the military. You also get access to trees, which give you coke.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 08, 2014, 02:03:15 pm »

A dwarf came in a migrant wave, looked on therapist which said he was cursed, turns out the dwarf breathes dragonfire at anyone near it, it managed to kill 10 dwarfs before I put it in a burrow.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:10:52 pm by vishdafish »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1143 on: August 08, 2014, 02:05:51 pm »

Your picture doesnt work, but it sounds like he learned a secret of a tower in worldgen, probably pyromancy.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 08, 2014, 02:07:57 pm »

Lol im still trying to figure out how to post the picture  :o

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1145 on: August 08, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »

imgur.com is a free image host. :)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:54 am »

Open the caverns and all your problems will be solved. You get large monsters to hunt, which give you leather for your military, and gets rid of those orcs unfit for the military. You also get access to trees, which give you coke.
DAMNIT NOW THERE IS TOO MUCH WOOD. Also, the idea of hunting bigger creatures is good, but most of my orc warriors are now legendary fighters and the ones who aren't are shielded by the others in fights. I managed to get my hands on the Ancient Foundry, so now all my Clan Leaders are getting awesome weapons (deep bronze hammers, orichalcum daikatanas/greataxes) and the entirety of my Moku headhunters are rocking orichalcum greatbows. Had another few ambushes/sieges and the sheer amount of detritus those create... damn. I have to manually go through every pile of bits and set everything I want done ASAP (things that drop souls/scalps) to be dumped in the garbage pile next to my butcher's shops.

The fuel crisis was averted with the estimable Goblin Muckraker (or whatever it's called). I'm preparing to get more of them and I've set up another profession for those in charge of it. (In my orc forts there are only a few professions: Herder (animal products - butchery, cooking, tanning, shearing, spinning, etc), Forge Serf (process/smelt ore), Woodcutter (woodcutting/carpentry), Forgemaster (weapons, armour, bone/wood/leathercrafting, bowyery), Tinkerer (mechanics), Logistics Officer (eveything to do with the raiding system), Custodian (archaeology/gems/glass), Stone Raiser (mason, miner, architecture) and now Drudges (Miller - the skill for 'make compact peat from peat' at the Goblin Muckraker)

The next step is getting my grubby little mitts on a library and a heavy weapons workshop. Kinda hard to do, but I'm getting there. Also, I have no idea what the loot from the gnomes does so I'm just ignoring it all.

The problem of skulls disappearing has seemed to stop, but since for some reason the sell blood reaction is giving 2500 coins instead of a 1000 and I left the 'extract blood from meat' reaction going from 3000? meat down to 800? meat I'll be fine on the cash side of things for a long time. Well, a couple years worth of raiding anyways.

OH! And I've run out of names for new clans, (usually just use Japanese nouns because it sounds... better than my English attempts) so all new warriors are going straight into the general squads. At least the next generation of clan warriors/headhunters are about to be old enough to be enlisted. Do orcs finish growing when they reach adulthood (5/6 I think)? Though I best leave them to hang out and do their thing with each other so they're all married. Gotta keep the clans going.

Finally, is it just me or do other people's orc warriors just run outside on their own attacking random animals? It's usually hilarious to see them chasing around critters, but one of the clan leaders was in the middle of getting refitted for a better weapon and ran outside without picking it up. The Bone Mammoth was... less than impressed. Also, there is a servant to the Tetsu clan (just a civilian wife/husband of a warrior) that has like five kills due to their habit of running outside during sieges and punching random enemies to death. Problem is she's a Snaga with almost completely pathetic skills so she can't be entered into the military. It's just... bizarre. Plus two of my five artifacts are commemorating her kills. The other fighters better pick up their game. Except for the leader of the Moku. That stone cold badass dropped a non-fragile (NOT made of blood or pus or something) FB and a dwarven axelord with a mithril axe (BAD NEWS FOR LEATHER WEARERS) with a single shot of an obsidian arrow each before the rest of the military had even noticed them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:31:46 am by Gamerlord »

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 10, 2014, 10:20:38 am »

Chapter 1 of Dustcrypt:
or "how a warlock apprentice witch left her mentors tower with dreams of undisturbed research in her own tower without knowing what to do at all. and the struggle with a few other runaways to keep a vampire from killing everyone, a ghoul from stealing the lumber skeletons axe and trying to tell skeletons that they cant build a wall on a floor."
(no promises of more "chapters")
--------------------------------

end of year 2 (at 1/2 calender speed taking it pretty slow overall) and still no anvils in my first warlock "tower" named Dustcrypt (well more a walled off dust-shack at the moment) :D

apart from the total lack of anvils it goes relatively well overall as i am now up to over 30 "people", well 24 skeletons, 3 ghouls, 3 warlocks and a vampire who came in the 2nd migrant wave. (embarked with 1 witch, 2 ghouls (one died pretty quickly trying to kill wildlife) and 4 skeletons + bit of food, drinks, wood, and seeds... no anvils. had a few prisoners that got "butchered" quite quickly by the ghouls.).
the vampire drained 3 other warlocks so far till i threw all prickleberry and strawberry wine away and just switched to making bloodwine now, sorry other warlocks... no prickleberry wine for you anymore.

combat wise there isnt that much going on so far.
had 2 waves of lemurs trying to steal whatever is lying around.
2 kobold snatchers (?) tried to get in, but didnt get far as the random skeletons and ghouls running around noticed them and they just ran away.
i guess "the freezer" ... whatever it was, some dwarf hunting freezing something that was hidden and bumped into a skeleton at some point was the most "interesting" being that arrived so far (apart from the hungry vampire migrant)... but he ran away too pretty quickly... it probably was heading elsewhere in its search for dwarfes.
there was one more combat event where around 5 zombies tried to kill a giant boar (it was something like a boar at least, forgot the name of it). for weeks they just punched and shaked eachother around.
then i send WAR over to deal with the "annoyance" (weeks long combat+ soundsense)... fresh equipped in leather and a... rock... staff. yeah that is the best we can make so far haha.
but instead of throwing spells he just walked over and began to bash the boar too.
(i think in the end the ghoul with the axe killed it... not sure how the boar died actually)

WAR is the vampire by the way.
more appointed so he dies off somewhere in combat at some point and doesnt drain every warlock off their blood, not because of any sort of combat skill as like mentioned he doesnt even know how to to use a staff properly... who knows... maybe he was hungry for blood and just rushed over to bath in the bloodpool of zombies and boar. *shrugs* vampires... probably needs proper combat/spell training later.
well at least he seems to be relatively calm now since i changed the distillery + farm plots i had into a bloodwinery. maybe at some point i give him his own area/burrow to deal with blood drinking and rebuild the "normal" straw- and prickleberry wine production again.
even though the blood production is way easier than farming for plants to brew... the usually ~10 zombies i have running around the "tower" usually kill enough random wildlife to always have a ton of meat (think i am at ~300 meat now) and bodyparts around for now.

Building a proper "tower" isnt that easy either, but I dont just want the warlocks to live under the earth. Digging rooms/hallways is way easier than building upwards buildings. Especially the roof and 2nd floor are a bit of a pain.
The ethereal gates really help much in getting red blocks (the now overseer witch i embarked with likes the red ethereal stone and as she is the overlord everything is made of red blocks for now.)
i did roof off a part of the main area but i need to rip off the floors again where i want to build walls for the rooms for the 2nd floor as both floor and walls are constructions.
so construction of the "tower" currently is rather slow... got a bunch of 9x9 size "rooms" in the main level (well one actual room that is used as dorm and dining room), but then expanded here and there with workshops and stockpiles etc and then just walled everything in.

------------------------------------

here some screenshots of how Dustcrypt currently looks like:
the main map, a 5x5 embark:
http://i.imgur.com/wNxTRaG.jpg
nothing really too outstanding on it... just a little stream in the north east and a little hill in the south west. both not used for anything.
oh the 10x10 "pit" you can barely see in the east on the lower ground (that black box) is just chanelled out on the surface. i planed to make  quarry there for rock blocks.. but the gates work way better so there is just a 1z level pit with ramps down left from that idea. maybe i can use that later for something (side house for the vampire? but he is "calm" now with the bloodwine so far. maybe a entrance to a lower dungeon guarded with animated weapons and traps leading underground to the actual tower entrance... *shrugs*)

the main "tower":
http://i.imgur.com/t731YAb.jpg

-in the north part were the straw- and prickle berry farm plots and now is the blood winery. south of that is the kennels room that just got used to war train the embark animated bonesaw.
and east of the blood winery is the room with the ethereal gates, block stockpile and the stairway down to the tombs. really small ones for ghoul/skeleton leaders, medium ones for the warlocks for now and one big one for the overlord.
Tomb area: http://i.imgur.com/7uF2kco.jpg
not really doing anything underground, just digging out the tombs and a few paths to find ores. no caverns or anything interesting yet down there.

-in the east part we have the "resource stockpile" with a necromancy circle in it for emergency undead. and in the room next to it is the soul siphon, butchery, tanner, leatherworks, leather stockpile and the necrotic circle to create skeletons and zombies.

-in the west we have a bigger "room" with most of the workshops... most not even used that much. crematorium in the top corner, slag smelter south of it, in the top corner stockpiled for armor/weapons/ammo (mostly just bone bows, bone spikes for traps, leather armor and bone arrows) and near the lake is the smelter (to finally make anvils at someday). a few wood and stone stockpiles were set up next to the carpenter/mason/crafts workshops (not much used either atm, mostly for wooden barrels/bins, the few starter stone blocks for the first gate and rock crafts i made in hope to trade them for an anvil... well the depot got dismantled after a year).
bottom left we have a gemcutter shop (marked for removal, just checked if i can make an anvil there), a bigger tailor shop that might replace the leather works at some point and some engineers chambers that i use to make serrated red ethereal spikes form blocks for traps.
and above the ponds we have a bowyer (for bone bows), bone carver (for bone mechanisms for traps) and a bone Fletcher for bone arrows and quivers + the food stockpile full of meat, bloodwine and tallow, i think some seeds from the farm are still somewhere in that pile.

-to the south we have the entrance rooms leading to a graveyard (that might get moved north where the plant fields were before the bloodwine switch.) and around the corner to the "resource stockpile" doors and main room doors (had a mandate to make armor stands, so gated them over and placed them in the entrance room.)

-and in the middle we have the main rooms... from the top the stairway to the 2nd floor and the dormitory/dining room/"shack", south we have the "makeshift barracks" where whoever doesnt have anything to do hangs out in, and south of that is the entrance room with a well over the pond in the corner.

-planed for the 2nd floor are currently rooms for every warlock and the throne room. (takes forever to floor over/wall rooms)
2nd floor: http://i.imgur.com/IDYA1eq.jpg
not much to see... delayed flooring over the main areas and currently ripping out floors to place walls and roofing over in the 3rd floor. (stairs to the 3rd floor to the right)

-planed for the 3rd floor is the library and other magical related stuff.
-the higher the tower goes the more "high tech" stuff will get placed up. (probably)

-defense wise there isnt really anything yet, i am producing bone spikes and mechanisms and probably will place some infront/behind doors and in the south entrance hallway. maybe i build a 2 tile walkway all around the 2nd floor and station some skeleton archers on a ring patrol on there. and maybe a little tower in the south east corner where currently the graveyard is to cover the entrance with archers.

-also as you can see there are still trees in the walls... at some point my lumber skeleton lost his axe (the copper axe and pick are the only 2 tools i have from embark) and a ghoul got hold of it. it probably happened when i changed around the military.
now the one witch from embark is the overlord with the other warlocks assigned under her and the named skeletons (from embark/migrant waves) too under the overlord "squad".
then the vampire is WAR on himself, one named skeleton leads all the created shambling skeletons in a archer group and the 3 ghouls are usually together in their own group somewhere in the tower. (mostly butchering the remains that come in, but sometimes building a floor or ripping out a floor)
once we have offices the other warlocks will get the other noble positions.
and the other "horseman" positions will probably be filled way later with fitting spellcasters or really good skeletons/ghouls.

------------------------------------

its 2 years in and the materials we use are bones and leather... leather for armor (around 70% of the "tower" is equipped in leather armor) and the bones for bone arrows and bows for the shambling skeleton group.
i cant make much else... well i have some rock mage staffs, but no bone knifes/swords for skeletons or magestaffs/wraithblades or even leather whips for the ghouls, as they all require 2 anvils for the bone forge.

first i thought could build the throne room and raid places to get attacked and then melt down the metal from the attackers to smelt anvils. but that idea got thrown away quickly as i didnt even had bows and leather armor really started yet. also the wall wasnt even done back then.
then i remembered that i could actually dig ore for metal and apparently i can smelt an anvil in the smelter.
but the digging skeleton doesnt realy dig out the tomb area currently... i probably should take him off of masonry/construction for now so he can dig out the tombs and dig around more for some ore.

so i concentrated more on creating zombies and skeletons for a while to actually get some construction done. rooms for warlocks are badly needed for example. i also build 2 more ethereal gates now and with the 3 gates we have more then enough materials for that.

once i get 2-4 anvils done everything should work more smoothly. iron bone industry seems to be really "easy" to get going full speed rather quickly with just bones and ash to get everyone equipped.
after that we can concentrate more on research... a library would be next for spell research. and at some point an ebonglass industry (ebonglass also a favorite of the overlord same as the red ethereal walls) but that seems more on the difficult/late game side with obsidian.

well who knows where the research leads into...
for now as short term goals (1-2years) we have:
-2nd floor rooms for warlocks, offices, throne room + more fortifications/traps
-finding some ore for boneforge and corrupted forges
-iron bone production

and as long term goals (2-10+ years) we could look into:
-a library and research into spellcasting.
-animated weapons, as we got one animated war bonesaw as overlord guard and a animated pitch fork and scourge someone has as pet. Note: maybe they can be used as guards.
-wisps, as one of the souls we tried to "store" "transformed" into what we now call a wisp... we are not really sure why that happened yet, but more research will go to wisps once we have a library and alchemy setup. for now it seems to usually float around in our "shack".
-vampirism, the vampire we have is still a bit of a mystery.
-death, we have 3 dead warlocks in the tombs and it might be possible to reanimate them. probably needs gathering of "living volunteers" from nearby villages. Note: the vampire and ghouls might be willing to go out there at night to bring back research samples.
-research further into skeletons. for now controlling the few skeletons we have isnt a problem... but once everyone has their own rooms and does their own studies we might run into problems controlling them properly. Note: maybe instead of increasing numbers there are other ways to instead strengthen the current skeletons.
-research into ebonglass as material.

but if the luck i had with the succubi continues (the 2 forts i had ended both in tantrums after sieges) i probably get sieged by steel armored macedwarfes any moment now.
and a few of them probably can bash their way through the whole "dustshack" :D (maybe i should turn on some easy fortress defense races next time, think i still remember getting sieged by werewolves(?) in some genesis mod years ago)
so the next years probably will get interesting. there is lots to do and its pretty interesting finding out what and how stuff works in a new civ. :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:12 pm »

At least the next generation of clan warriors/headhunters are about to be old enough to be enlisted. Do orcs finish growing when they reach adulthood (5/6 I think)? Though I best leave them to hang out and do their thing with each other so they're all married. Gotta keep the clans going.

The clans in your forts sound very awesome :)  So you keep them going through generations?  That's very cool.  In your current version they still grow to full size at 12, even though they become adults at 5, I just caught this yesterday ^^

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 10, 2014, 10:37:11 pm »

At least the next generation of clan warriors/headhunters are about to be old enough to be enlisted. Do orcs finish growing when they reach adulthood (5/6 I think)? Though I best leave them to hang out and do their thing with each other so they're all married. Gotta keep the clans going.

The clans in your forts sound very awesome :)  So you keep them going through generations?  That's very cool.  In your current version they still grow to full size at 12, even though they become adults at 5, I just caught this yesterday ^^
They are awesome, but require some micromanaging. Looks like those kiddies will be left out of the military for a little longer.

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 12, 2014, 02:39:07 am »

Kobold !FUN!

My 'fortress' was just coming along and some terrible things came out of the nearby cave. I think they were bored.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:25 pm »

So, for my latest Succubi dungeon, I embarked on a Glacier for the "difficulty" and the FPS boost.

Immediately upon unpausing the game, my FPS slowed to...10.

That's right.  10.  I knew immediately that fun was to be had.

I confess to having cheated at this point.  I used "reveal" and found that in the second cavern layer there was 3 underground lakes feeding from off-screen into an area that had no walls and a pathway off-map.  I quickly sealed up the only two, one-tile wide areas that water could escape from and my FPS shot up to..30.

I ran "feature list" and found a lot of things listed.  Moving down further, I discovered a 16 z-level, big blacked-out area and knew I had a forgotten temple on my hands (great for flavor!).  I drafted my military dame and sent her down to the opening to assess the situation.

She was NOT happy about the draft..and I don't blame her.  After opening up part of the view and seeing how many undead I had on hand, I would not have been happy, either.  Again, I confess to cheating for the sake of my FPS and playability and ran "slayrace undead."  Total count killed by that command=248.

Proceeding inside and the place is just littered with web-traps from undead driders.  I confess to cheating once again.  I ran "slayrace undead" whenever I opened up a new floor to view.  I did that all 16 times.  Total undead count was over 4000.

Seriously..over 4000.

My FPS is now where it should be and I've got a thriving silk industry going.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 12, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »

Wonder who would win, 4000 undead or a few demons, any way to test that in arena?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1153 on: August 12, 2014, 07:12:22 pm »

The demons. No arena test needed, Masterwork had a succession fort that released the HFS upon such an underground structure. The Frost Wraiths tore the zombies apart.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 13, 2014, 12:01:59 pm »

Chapter 2 of Dustcrypt:
or: "hands off my vampire, immortally dead, hanging on thread, tomb tetris, can cast ranged spells but still runs into melee combat, whats left is... a Dustcrypt."

autumn 202:
-one of the three ethereal gates exploded...  blocks everywhere.
-one moody skeleton made a artifact door. (nothing that special about it though...well it has spikes... used it for the overlords tomb.)
-best clothed skeleton in year 202:

winter 202
-a were-ape beast arrived, died by skeleton arrows.
-2 zombies transformed later into were apes and were killed by the skeleton army.
-somehow the pet animated weapons decided to attack a few skeletons after the zombies were dealt with, destroying 1 of the 3 animated weapons and ~2 skeletons.
-zombies get attacked by my spike traps.
-the overlord warlock has been drained by the vampire...
-and a bit later one more warlock got drained... down to one + vampire. preparations in the tombs to resurrect the warlocks.
-endless fights between zombies, ogres and giant boars. the only way to stop these fights is to get the ghoul over there who has one of the animated weapons as pet. really need metal weapons.

spring 203:
-construction of the 2nd floor paused, extensions on the bottom level to the west, more room structures inside, new mineshaft to the south west inside the tower found the iron ore ~8 levels under the tower.
-ironbone production started. hurrah.
-got just one warlock resurrected, now at 2 warlocks and 1 vampire. (stays like that for the rest of the game) ... tried moving the other dead ones to other tombs.. or closer to the necro circle... nothing helped though.
-the other warlocks are not amused that they cant be resurrected in the tombs:

summer 203:
-small elf attack repelled, most elves killed (~8), lost 2-4 skeletons and one of the two ghouls. (they came from the south of the south gate, a few weapons etc are still on the floor there.)
-several skeletons (3-4?) had moods over the last years, but all wanted gems that we didnt find until the later cavern breach so they went insane or just wandered around aimlessly.
-the vampire lost both hands from one insane skeleton and is stuck in the dorm beds now together with 2 other skeletons, all waiting for medical attention.

winter 203:
-around 11 levels under the tower we breached the top of the first cavern with a massive 30 level height chasm drop to the cavern floor.

summer 204
-small siege of a group of spearman humans with a bow man on horse as leader, probably a militia of a nearby village. last 2 warlocks and most skeletons died (from ~22 to ~11 with 4 stuck in bed). had the melee skeleton group run out the backdoor leading to the ramps down under the wall there. and the archer group on the 2nd floor walkway.
http://i.imgur.com/Tj6fSRt.jpg
i think we killed 2 or 3 humans, but they "retreated" after killing most of what i threw against them. they didnt even go inside the tower.
-most of the tower is dead now. the vampire is the only one "alive" but with no hands and still stuck in bed waiting for medical attention (now together with 4 other skeletons.)
-no thread or cloth for a proper hospital. harvesting plants hoping for rope reeds to get seeds.
-most warlocks cant be resurrected anymore... mostly just could resurrect two warlocks a few times. but now with just the vampire left in bed and having no hands to carry souls/anything the tower is kind of doomed.

early autumn 204:
-i think just around 2 or 3 skeletons are actually still moving trying to fill stockpiles and cleaning up all the bodyparts from the human attack.
-managed to build an embassy... the only hope to keep the "tower" going are new migrants... of course there are none available.
-wild coyotes are running through the tower... one got the vampire from leaving the dorm bed he was in for months... now the vampire tries to store cloths in his cabinet... with no hands...
-now stray ogres are walking around in the tower... everything still "moving" (2 skeletons+vampire) were send against them... the vampire tried to kick the ogres... but got smashed into the graveyard in the north part of the tower.

and that was the end of dustcrypt, abandoned at that point.

overall it went pretty well i would say... well for having no anvils for years, the first time with warlocks and a vampire that killed i think 6 out of 8 warlocks. ironbone production went pretty well once i had the 5 anvils done (2 boneforge, 2 corrupted forge, 1 metalsmith workshop) had a squad of around 8 iron mail armored melee skeletons with a scythe, 3 maces and 4 hooked swords and a group of around 8 more in leather with bows.
overall the max population was i think 30 around the elf attack... had around 8 warlocks in total with one vampire... had 3 ghouls, one died very early, got a new one from the graveyard but he died quickly in the elf attack. the 2 ghouls had leather armor and ironbone flails. one wisp i made randomly was pretty much the whole time in the diningroom/dorm/meetinghall/shack. and i think i had around 30 skeletons in total... mostly around 24... a few could be resurrected a few times, others not. and countless zombies... mostly around 10 roaming the map killing wildlife... then as i had traps setup nearly every zombie i raised and that was roaming the map got killed by the traps... so removed the traps again to have zombies out hunting stuff.

i guess the downfall was pretty much the vampire killing most of the warlocks... then some progress stagnation because of missing ore for anvils... also warlocks just running in melee combat with staffs wasnt that great. i guess the staffs count as melee weapons and not ranged weapons... what lead to the idea in the warlock forum part:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also had no thread or cloth at all for a hospital that is actually needed even though you can resurrect warlocks and skeletons and have a morgue etc.
the butchery was later totally cluttered with tons of fat and tallow that i couldnt get rid of anywhere... (think that could be used for candles? but never got into alchemy. maybe it could be burned in the slag pit/crematorium to remove it?)
the traps that i placed all around the tower at some point mostly killed off every zombie i made... had to remove them all again (cluttering some stockpiles with unused mechanisms then).
did remodel parts of the tower... with a bigger courtyard and a south entrance.... planed was rows of skeletons in the courtyard at sieges with the warlocks above on a balcony throwing spells and archer patrols on the 2 tile walkway that was supposed to be all around the 2nd floor.

and some pictures how it was looking at the end:
main tower: (the workshop area is still a bit of a mess... near the north graveyard are the last skeletons fighting the ogres... the pool of "purple"(?) on the graveyard was the vampires blood. the blood pool near the south entrance was another warlock death by the elf attack.)
http://i.imgur.com/pAM6Unm.jpg
2nd floor: (the other warlock rooms are abandoned as i never had more than 3 warlocks alive anymore there. did want to make a dining hall south of the stairway at some point and a throne room somewhere on that floor. big hole down to the courtyard. also did build the embassy up here in the end.)
http://i.imgur.com/OI2pPc2.jpg
tombs ~5 levels under the tower: (did move around the early dead warlocks down there a bit from tomb to tomb to grave stockpile to burial coffin but nothing worked to resurrect them again. also 3 levels under the tombs i found iron ore. the mining shaft is the stairway so the south west of the tomb leading to the caverns/ore.)
http://i.imgur.com/2Ca5Qjz.jpg
the cavern breach ~11 levels under the tower. (its a 30 level drop down from there to the cavern floor... that breach was the lowest part i dug. never went down to the caverns. also the only place i found a few gems around the chasm. had to place doors there because the framerate went down from 100 to 10 or so after the breach.)
http://i.imgur.com/L1GMUgo.jpg

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:16:32 pm by Nelia Hawk »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 113