Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192076 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1005 on: June 22, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »

Been playing around with the Gnomes, but unlike their cowardly brethren, the Gnomes of Daggrinbumrodline (BarricadedMighty) don't bother to appeal to the wilds, or build mechanical constructs to fight for them. They fight their own battles.

Sure, they just lost their three Hammerlords after they charged a half dozen Orc Sorcerers who engulfed the map in flames with fireballs after basically liquifying their organs, but that isn't going to make them start using machines to fight their battles...

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 23, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »

I just had a snatcher that tried to run away, right past the elf diplomat.  It seems the elf diplomat was a fire mage, he roasted the snatcher and left a neat circle of flame expanding from my trade depot.  See, not all elves are bad!  (fortunately rain put it out right as it was reaching the human caravan)

Then we had a siege of undead, dead warlock warlock corpses  and dead skeleton skeleton corpses and the like.  Which was odd.  But my musketeers and their silver bullets made pretty quick work of them.  About half of them went from "undead" to "invader", which didn't really change anything.  I'm guessing that was the good biome resurrecting them and none were friendly races, so they still kept attacking.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 23, 2014, 04:02:59 pm »

I'm currently watching between 3 and 6 Sorcerers/Lich of many varying magical skill-sets hurl themselves and their undead minions around a corner of my map by constantly detonating corpses, or throwing blasts of anything from steam to gingerbread. It's not entirely clear why they are doing this, but it seems like the Demons that one or more of them is summoning then start attacking the undead around it, causing a feedback loop of corpses being detonated, demons being summoned, and then more corpses being detonated.

It's rather unique.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1008 on: June 23, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »

gingerbread
Thats Dwarf Chocolate for you. (the mod by Seth Creyid) :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:36 am »

The number of different web materials they were hurling at each other was quite entertaining as well. When things had calmed down I collected some of the webs and tried to make it into cloth, alas it could not be done.

The ice, ectoplasm, and frozen dwarven syrup clothing would have gone nicely with the soul harvester bag my Count is currently demanding. Assuming I first get to, then survive, hell long enough to actually make it.

I think what was actually happening wasn't about the demons, but that the two Lich were actually part of a Dwarven invasion that had popup up after their last few caravans were taken by the undead. It was really quite funny to watch.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 25, 2014, 06:24:50 am »

I embarked in a terrifying biome, but all it gave me was some orc blood rain. So I settled down with my normal big refuse stockpile right at the entrance, knowing I was safe from those nasty undead. Then my archaeologist uncovered a mysterious object...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1011 on: June 25, 2014, 06:30:01 am »

I embarked in a terrifying biome, but all it gave me was some orc blood rain. So I settled down with my normal big refuse stockpile right at the entrance, knowing I was safe from those nasty undead. Then my archaeologist uncovered a mysterious object...
Hope you have a temple. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 25, 2014, 06:32:49 am »

Hope you have a temple. :D

Actually, I foolishly chucked it in the lava moat, thinking that would do it. It didn't destroy it, but the nastiness stopped. Bug?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1013 on: June 25, 2014, 06:34:02 am »

Cant say... but those new unit should still run around. No more should animate, but the ones you had shouldnt instantly die.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 25, 2014, 06:42:46 am »

I managed to kill all of them, though I took pretty heavy civilian losses after my initial "wait, interrupted by a WHAT?" reaction. There was a popup saying I need to destroy the object, but nothing has happened so far. I set up a safer refuse stockpile, in case it'll happen again every once in a while.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1015 on: June 25, 2014, 06:50:19 am »

It works like this:
 - once found, all bodies do "you know what"
 - if destroyed in temple, all living "you know what" get instantly killed.

but keeping the item around after killing everything the old fashioned way works too. :)

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 25, 2014, 07:08:04 am »

Ah, then it worked as expected. Guess it can just sit there in the lava, then.

I also recently started another fort, which was going nice and easy until some firebirds arrived and decided to torch the surface. Got lucky and only lost a few animals.

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 25, 2014, 06:50:24 pm »

Just lost an aboveground fortress due to a goblin mage ambush meeting an undead invasion... The goblin mage set a bird corpse on fire and it flew into my fortress and set everything else on fire. !fun!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 25, 2014, 08:34:02 pm »

I just got this ambassador dude as a migrant. What is he for? He sounds important. He also sounds like some kind noble, which for his sake best not be the case. SOMEBODY has to test out that asp pit.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 26, 2014, 03:30:31 am »

He likely just doesn't have any skills besides "Diplomacy"
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 113