Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192227 times)

Erivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #870 on: April 14, 2014, 07:45:34 am »

My deep crow (revived mega beast) is trying to report a crime but is too injured despite being just fine physically

is it because it can't speak? i'm getting spammed, any ideas?

By the way is there other ways to make bonemeal than skull bushes for dwarves?

Edit: just realised this better fits in the questions topic. oh well
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:48:39 am by Erivor »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 14, 2014, 10:04:01 am »

My deep crow (revived mega beast) is trying to report a crime but is too injured despite being just fine physically

is it because it can't speak? i'm getting spammed, any ideas?

By the way is there other ways to make bonemeal than skull bushes for dwarves?

Edit: just realised this better fits in the questions topic. oh well

You can get bonemeal from Millstones. No experience with Deep Crows but you might be on the right track.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 14, 2014, 10:22:28 pm »

So I came back to Masterwork after a long time not playing any Dwarf Fortress at all.

I did my usual of chucking the picks, anvil, and axes (save 1 training axe) and bringing along the raw stone instead.

3 Gneiss, 3 iron-bearing rock, and a bunch of fuel ought to do it alongside the drakes, shaggy dogs, mastiffs, etc, right?

.....what do you mean I need an Ore Processing Station first? Well, let's just try with the Smelter--

Cuuuuurses..........

Okay, reload to embark, let's see if I can do this with the Ore Processing Station.

...........I need one more non-economic Stone?

CUUUUUURSES!!!!!!

Okay, but at least I know how to redo my strategy.

This may be the epitome of undorfishness, but I'm abandoning and reclaiming, because I love Fortress sites with a river that comes in one end, splits in two, and has high cliffs overlooking the river.

So. 6 stone to be safe this time.

>.<

Fuuuuuuuuun........
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 15, 2014, 09:43:08 pm »

While doing research on the construction of an impulse cart cannon I had a worker accidentally flee in the wrong direction....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:  When I actually fired the thing the blade cart went seventy-five non-track tiles, took out three drakes and a mastiff; almost throwing the mastiff off the map completely.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:32:23 pm by Denisac »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 16, 2014, 04:03:08 pm »

Just realized transformation effects a dwarf's age. Several of my fortress born dwarves who were inducted into guilds are older than their mothers.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 17, 2014, 02:44:51 am »

Just lost my best warlock fortress - save file somehow got corrupted. Everytime I try to load it, DF crashes. God damn it.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 17, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »

Could be that Digging Invaders bug that plagued me... turning it off via DFHack console worked for me.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 17, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

I have a professional dingo wrestler in my new fort. I embarked in a untamed wilds so I brought armor along but it was just copper, lost the fort because of giant ticks so reclaimed with new army guy. He then only puts on pants, boots, and gauntlets and then tackles a dingo. He then preceded to wrestle the dingo to the ground and strangle it to which he did it to 5 other dingos to making him almost a master wrestler now.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:49 pm »

Most recent Warlock fortress just went belly up due to a medium (15+) dwarf siege in fall of the first year.

Yes... that's a bit quick, especially for an invasion of that strength... really nothing I could do about it.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:26 am »

Could be that Digging Invaders bug that plagued me... turning it off via DFHack console worked for me.
Tried it, still nothing. My best tower.... :(

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 19, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »

My poor kobolds triggered a dwarven siege after robbing them of ~20 bars of weapon-grade metal from them. They had a squad of marksdwarves with a speardwarf leader. Only one of the marksdwarves is actually of the marksman caste. And he is epic. He has a repeating javelin thrower, which I have been led to believe is the best dwarven ranged weapons. He has steel javelins. And he wears a crown. A BLOODSTEEL crown.
Spoiler: Description of crown (click to show/hide)
His name is Onul Drainhandles. Not ALL that intimidating compared to the rest of him, but I should include it for completeness.
I'm not letting my kobolds out of their little dirt and wood village until this siege goes away. This guy is BAD-ASS. Its really neat looking at little in-game things like that and seeing all the cool stuff a lot of people don't notice.

EDIT: And now one of my kobolds passed out from over-exertion during training. The other kobold is poking him in the head with his pointy mithral stick repeatedly[But non-lethally]. Never had that hapen before.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:19:09 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 19, 2014, 09:38:34 pm »

My dingo wrestler is now asleep on a dead dingo corspe just sleeping away the thoughts of punching a dingo in the jaw breaking the spine and then strangling it to death.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 20, 2014, 06:00:24 am »

Was facing FPS death with only 120 dwarves.  Butchered all the unimportant animals, didn’t help much.  Cleared the cache, rebooted, back up to mid-30s and even SoundSense is working again.  Reminded me of an old joke from back before Windows was stable:
Bill Gates gives a talk once where he says, “If cars were like computers, they’d now cost less than a thousand dollars and get hundreds of miles to the gallon.”  Combacks from Detroit were immediate, like this one from Ford engineers: “If cars were like computers, sometimes they’d just stop for no reason.  But if you closed all the Windows and then opened them again, it would fix the problem.” 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 20, 2014, 07:36:25 am »

EDIT: And now one of my kobolds passed out from over-exertion during training. The other kobold is poking him in the head with his pointy mithral stick repeatedly[But non-lethally]. Never had that hapen before

Sounds like legit kobold-training: only attack poke enemies already on the ground and unconcious.

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 20, 2014, 08:25:12 pm »

EDIT: And now one of my kobolds passed out from over-exertion during training. The other kobold is poking him in the head with his pointy mithral stick repeatedly[But non-lethally]. Never had that hapen before

Sounds like legit kobold-training: only attack poke enemies already on the ground and unconcious.
Reminds me of the time those dwarves attempting to siege my Warlock fortress got locked out, and decided to fight a single enemy in the wildlife for nearly a year, miraculously glancing and missing every blow, never truly doing enough damage to kill it. Finally they got lucky, and then promptly went home.

I recently started taking up DF again, and polishing my understanding of the game. Yesterday I started a very peaceful Warlock fortress with an idyllic view of a sinister lake. I decided that I'm terrible at fending off sieges properly with Warlocks, and decided to have a nice peaceful time.

That doesn't stop the weird from happening though. My migrant waves quickly jumped the population above 20, causing a plethora of nasty triggers. One of them was the arrival of a Weretapir (yes, a weretapir...), who promptly announced himself and his intentions to kill all of my warlocks. He then transformed into a completely different creature, and fled the map. My fortress site is regularly visited by horses, which are clad in steel. My hunters favor them for their ability to withstand 99.99% of all bone arrows they fire, the .01 being that one time where the first and only documented arrow wound to a steelclad horse sliced a major artery in its throat and killed it. By that time my ghouls had also taken up their pastime: Taming groundhogs (and the horses, and kestrels, and anything else that stepped into my traps). In fact, the groundhog taming is so lucrative that they feed my fortress. Whatever works works, right?

Today's agenda: Building a menacing tower out of ethereal blocks with gem columns for decoration, and maybe trying to conquer that forgotten beast that occasionally shows up in the first cave layer. For that I need to get my ghouls to actually equip what I tell them to, which seems to exclude everything I actually want them to equip.
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 113