Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192119 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #720 on: January 30, 2014, 03:32:51 pm »

Sounds like it was just a were-beast attack gone wrong for the were-beast.

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 30, 2014, 04:12:06 pm »

well my castle on the glacier is going ok, human seem to have and issue with me, cant remember why. id be worried about them but they are all riding goats, and i just cant take them seriously now, also found out one of my marks dwarves is dual wielding crossbows. A repeating bone crossbow and a bladed repeating gem crossbow, not sure if it will actually help anything but i can't hurt (as far as i know). Melee squads will hopefully be a bit better equipped soon, after the dining room get gold furniture, don't want my traps to feel unloved to soon.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Cotr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 31, 2014, 10:11:33 am »

Yea killing that frost giant pissed the rest of em off. The frost giant attack was terrifying

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 31, 2014, 06:15:49 pm »

Second fall, right after the caravan and liaison show up, the dwarven village of bespokegears was jumped by a goblin ambush. With four huge squads of drowspider riding archers. Bespokegears' defenders numbered two novice marksdwarves in decent leather, two novice fighters in steel, two unarmored war badger dogs, and a war animated iron spear. Fortunately, a hall of weapon and cage traps stood between the dwarves and their attackers. Total losses on our side: two badger dogs. The spear has a name now, "Zust Tormentinghop." The four military dwarves all cowered underground staged a brave final defense in case the locked hatch failed to hold. Losses for the greenskins: sixteen giant drowspiders, five aim-fo-ya-throats, a war blood wolf, and a furious flagellant leader-type captured in a cage. 

That was without a doubt the worst ambush I've ever encountered. Luckily everyone was inside taking stuff to the trade depot at the time. The lesson here seems to be, "Even if you find a spire right off the bat, don't mine candy like a madman and make 1.7M in created wealth before you have the dwarves to use it."

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 02, 2014, 08:55:39 am »

I'm in big trubble nao. :( Something has descended the mountains of madness. And I wish they had not.

ALso, what is 'head inspiration'?

Edit; huh. Kogsak the axedwarf is down there alone among them. Has killed 8 unfinished and twelve fully grown already. Assuming unfinished don't spawn other unfinished that means I should actually be able to smash them. Better try that. Tally ho.

Edit 2; I clearly do not have sufficient dwarf-power to smash the lot in one go. Which means more and more arrive. Isn't life wonderful? Elsewhere.   I have abandoned this fortress because there was no point continuing, really. Meph, you twisted genius!

Edit 3; why does my world gen crash thrice, jebus.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:39:42 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #725 on: February 02, 2014, 10:18:41 am »

Edit 2; I clearly do not have sufficient dwarf-power to smash the lot in one go. Which means more and more arrive. Isn't life wonderful? Elsewhere.   I have abandoned this fortress because there was no point continuing, really. Meph, you twisted genius!
Why not build a temple? It can insta kill all of them. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 02, 2014, 11:42:30 am »

:o

:-\

:(

I think I may even already have had one, I just hardly use any of the religious stuff.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 02, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »

never abandon until there are dead dwarves everwhere!

for !!FUN!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #728 on: February 02, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

:o

:-\

:(

I think I may even already have had one, I just hardly use any of the religious stuff.
"Sacrifice a dwarf to banish shoggoths". I cant name it more obviously.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 02, 2014, 01:16:52 pm »

Actually come to think of it I hadn't even built a shrine yet because it was like the second summer. :P But definitely good to know, I'll have to do religion a bit earlier this time 'round. :)

Also, just now one of my miners suffocated for no reason. :o I'm getting -short- on Dwarfs, dang. I only have 10! I'm not sure I even got any in my first winter.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:40:06 pm by FrisianDude »

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 02, 2014, 05:50:01 pm »

I decided to turn on some of the fortress defense races, as I felt I was lacking in sieges. So far, my livestock's been making themselves seem like better candidates for the military than the dwarves. Mountain tuskoxes are cool!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 03, 2014, 03:13:35 am »

My dwarfs have all taken to butchering and eating goblin and human corpses, both in my fort and in worldgen.  I assume its an unavoidable side affect of the warlocks being released? 

Lucked out and embarked with both a healer mage and an apostle. Playing a 0 pop cap game using townportal to raise my population and the legendary praying high priest to provide all the gold we need.  Unfortunately between resurrections and summoning new citizens only about  half of my population can be in the military or be nobles at this point.  (also summoning marksmen from the town portal has so far resulted in only sending me arcane dwarves... more fire mages I guess :p  )

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 03, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »

ok so humans dealt with, had to bury a hero when she died on infection (survived getting dogpiled by 102 enemy mix of goblins and giant drowspiders, came out looking like hamburger, but alive. if only my doctors had been faster, sniff :'(.) but then something interesting happened, after the second human siege something showed up. a deity named pomo. well in a paranoid frenzy i sealed the fortress, only to find out later that little pomo was considered friendly (to dwarves at any rate, now that pomo has taken to living in my trade depot, i can no longer trade with the humans, but the humans already hate me so meh). now i have a deity living in my fort along with my dwarves, not sure what to make of this. also does anyone know why humans ride goats into battle? the boozebelly goat seem to be the mount of choice int the legendary union. ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:51:18 pm by thefish1992 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »

Also does anyone know why humans ride goats into battle? the boozebelly goat seem to be the mount of choice int the legendary union. ???

I have no idea what the deal with that is either. White Tigermen attacking Hammerflag seem to have a preference for them as well.

EDIT: Time for a new fort in the new version of the mod, and my first quandary is what to arm my armydorfs with...

Maybe for once I'll do the less up front thing and make a hall o' death...

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 04, 2014, 03:58:13 pm »

the mighty warrior looked upon the hated dwarven fortress of gazegate and with a flourish signal his army to charge while his mighty mount unleashed a noble "baaa"

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 113