Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192078 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #690 on: January 24, 2014, 09:20:25 pm »

One bad orc raid wipe out all my necromancers and I had to purge and reclaim, but the reclaim party was just one necromancer and a bunch of minion ghouls and skeletons. So now I'm slowly building up and reviving any ghostly necromancer, oh hey an army as arrived.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 24, 2014, 09:49:53 pm »

a goblin invasion destroyed literally all but one of my legendary++ dudes with full mithril armor so i constructed a series of alternating bridges that completely mashes all invading armies into a pulp

can we have a web immune thing or just remove all spiders :(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:53:41 pm by Verviticus »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 24, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

a goblin invasion destroyed literally all but one of my legendary++ dudes with full mithril armor so i constructed a series of alternating bridges that completely mashes all invading armies into a pulp

can we have a web immune thing or just remove all spiders :(

Let me guess, giant drow spiders?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #693 on: January 24, 2014, 10:11:12 pm »

I removed the MOUNT from them. Invaders no longer come riding drowspiders.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 24, 2014, 10:15:34 pm »

Not the case in the most recent warlock version. But for the next official release: THANK YOU SO DAMN MUCH!  :D

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 24, 2014, 10:17:46 pm »

oh thank god

thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #696 on: January 24, 2014, 10:24:03 pm »

Not the case in the most recent warlock version. But for the next official release: THANK YOU SO DAMN MUCH!  :D
Only the case since 15 secs or so since before I wrote that post.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 24, 2014, 10:30:18 pm »

is this something that will take place without a new world gen?

also, finally I can give goblins some combat skills or better metals!  woo

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 24, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »

is this something that will take place without a new world gen?

also, finally I can give goblins some combat skills or better metals!  woo

Far as I know removing the [MOUNT] and [MOUNT_EXOTIC] tags requires a new gen if that's what you're referring to.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 24, 2014, 11:34:35 pm »

This is beautiful. Now can you get rid of forest spiders or do something about them? Seriously. I've lost 4 out of 7 forts to those things and I've had to slayrace them in the ones that survived. The stupid things even turn up in GLACIERS. GCS are bad enough in valnilla and having even a miniature version of them in most major biomes is just cruel.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 24, 2014, 11:42:42 pm »

This is beautiful. Now can you get rid of forest spiders or do something about them? Seriously. I've lost 4 out of 7 forts to those things and I've had to slayrace them in the ones that survived. The stupid things even turn up in GLACIERS. GCS are bad enough in valnilla and having even a miniature version of them in most major biomes is just cruel.

I think that's just because he hasn't gotten around to restricting them to certain biomes (I've had grimelings and regular blendecs show up in glaciers or mastodons in the middle of jungles for example,) combined with them being prone to rage. Once he or somebody else restricts them to temperate forests they'll be much less of a colossal pain in the ass.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 25, 2014, 03:16:57 am »

Small fort of 39 dwarves just mostly to a goblin ambush with 3 squads of aim-at-yer-throats and 1 of flaggelants appeared deep inside my fort past my defenses. And my military had been wiped out to a man by a mountain titan visitor earlier the same season.  Goblins finally driven off/got bored leaving me with about 12 dwarfs left.  Organized them all for the cleanup and put one in a squad to go and reclaim the doors that the ambushers used so I could lock them.   The second he steps outside he spots a Freezer lasher ambush, which proceeds to kill all but a couple of citizens locked behind an artifact door. Within weeks they went insane to a man.

Pop-cap seems a bit stranger than I remember. I set it to 5 and still got 5-6 migrant waves instead of only the initial 2.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 25, 2014, 09:23:36 am »

It's been weird for a while, even in the vanilla game. It is possible to get migrants even if your population exceeds the cap, but based on the Mantis discussion in relation to this "bug" it looks like there's a difference in how the setting is expected to work and how it actually works. The expectation is that it is purely a performance feature independent of gameplay, but in reality it seems that it still has to go through the "communication" that's simulated between your fort and the mountainhome via the liaison. That means that even if you're down one below the cap when he last left, you could get as many as three or four waves. On top of this, migrant waves aren't really controlled except by fortress wealth (and possibly others like danger/deaths?) - so if you're short of the cap, you're getting migrant waves, and those waves can be anything from 1 to 20+.

Someone had suggested setting the cap to 0 and it seemed to work, but take it with a grain of salt since there was no mention of rigorous testing. You'll start with your initial 7 and, baring any other bugs, maybe won't get any more.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 25, 2014, 02:22:03 pm »

I keep getting invasions of goblins with literally 100+ goblins, and then freezers invade and they send like, 5 guys.  Is their civ just getting their ass kicked in world gen or something?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2014, 03:22:42 pm »

I keep getting invasions of goblins with literally 100+ goblins, and then freezers invade and they send like, 5 guys.  Is their civ just getting their ass kicked in world gen or something?
\

I think that in a battle between the two sieges the freezers would win. Seriously, frost giants have bifrost skin which makes them pretty much impervious to normal weapons. I remember playing adventure mode as a legion dwarf with a steel axe and having 2 pages of bouncing off their skin.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 113