Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191949 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #570 on: December 30, 2013, 04:03:11 am »

tweak clear-ghostly. :) See the dfhack readme: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/0.34.11-r2/Readme.rst#id81
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 31, 2013, 10:35:46 am »

Some gargoyles appeared during a booze shortage where my dwarves had to DRINK FROM THE RIVER like filthy ELVES or HUMANS. I lost about 5 random, generic dwarves I don't really care about. This happens every god damn time gargoyles appear.

Also, somehow, one of my dwarves caught the black death. By the time I realized what was going on, it was too late. Too many people were infected. I tried to make medicine to combat it, but nothing seemed to work. There were tantrum spirals, rabies, berserk dwarves, death, and chaos. I had no choice but to abandon the fort.

Started a new world with a new fort, "Oh hey pal, how about some free influenza to start off your embark? You know, for FUN?"
This shit is why I'm turning off diseases.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:40:07 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #572 on: December 31, 2013, 04:30:21 pm »

Some gargoyles appeared during a booze shortage where my dwarves had to DRINK FROM THE RIVER like filthy ELVES or HUMANS. I lost about 5 random, generic dwarves I don't really care about. This happens every god damn time gargoyles appear.

Also, somehow, one of my dwarves caught the black death. By the time I realized what was going on, it was too late. Too many people were infected. I tried to make medicine to combat it, but nothing seemed to work. There were tantrum spirals, rabies, berserk dwarves, death, and chaos. I had no choice but to abandon the fort.

Started a new world with a new fort, "Oh hey pal, how about some free influenza to start off your embark? You know, for FUN?"
This means the medicine needs to be improved, and the rate for diseases lowered. I can only balance things when I get reports.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 31, 2013, 06:44:54 pm »

As Meph said they need some tweaking and balancing.  But they are at least much lower than before.  You used to embark with a black plague dwarf, an influenza dwarf, and they would all have high blood pressure and half would be schizophrenic.  If you want to play with diseases you pretty much have to prepare in advance.  Have drink stockpiles separate from a large medicine stockpile.  When a disease hits lock down the drink stockpile and unlock the doors leading to the medicine.  That way for the next month or so every dwarf will only drink from medicine.  That is of course theory, I've never successfully stopped a full blown plague like the one that wiped you out.

Also in the new 4g religion system you can sacrifice souls to get a fortress wide peace buff that should really help with the tantrum spirals in these situations.

Verviticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 31, 2013, 10:25:02 pm »

Duum's been slowly dying for about 3 seasons now, I guess he's just an optimist or something.

What on earth is wrong with the font that creates those irritating bright squares?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 31, 2013, 10:33:28 pm »

We've all been asking that question... hence I don't use phoebus tileset. Spacefox is usually what I go with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:37:22 pm by DoomOnion »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #576 on: December 31, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »

Thats the '.' in Phoebus. Same in Obsidian Soul and MDF.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 01, 2014, 12:03:13 am »

It makes me want to punch something. How do we fix it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #578 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:56 am »

Its not broken. It should look like this.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 01, 2014, 09:22:28 am »

Not much in particular, but I think my Orcs are among the best equipped I've had ina fortress. Mind you, they're clad in mostly 'inferior' materials if I take into account the awesome added by masterwork, but the point stands. haven't been attacked much yet, only one fairly large Drow ambush of a claivemaster and 15 shielddancers. Their gear was a nice bonus to my bartering with others. :P

However, I can't figure out how to make ironbone myself; I have the building, I have the materials, the task is set, but what labour does it require?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 01, 2014, 10:28:46 am »

Just started a new fort! put down some mining orders for a corridor made some wood blocks when suddenly! 3 of my 7 dwarves start suffocating 0_o 2 minutes later all 3 are dead and tantrums galore! (note: only one of them was a miner so i dont think it was dust)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:28 pm »

Thanks to some wild forest spiders, 6 dwarves died, and a shearer started throwing tantrums because his wife died, so he started attacking people and worse, he destroyed the ALTAR OF ARMOK. So I sacrificed him for a ward.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:12:37 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 01, 2014, 02:06:48 pm »

Faedog-ambush. I presume the elves are behind this. Sneaky gits.  >:(  They immediately ran into a pasture with war trained taiga sabercats, badgerdogs, honeybadger and I believe a war drake, and the only one who seemed at equal level (and indeed already killed one as I type this) is a war trained Orcish direwolf. Oh well, it's not as if the war-beastie pastures are for anything beyond giving my Orcs time to get to the entrance and fight the invaders. Drakes also seem almost able to defeat them; at least more so than the sabercats and badgerdogs. Faedog Obu died to war drake, but the other now-dead faedog was beheaded by the dire wolf. I think I like those doggies. :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:08:45 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 01, 2014, 05:04:30 pm »

My good embark fortress is plagued by nymphs.  They have to be the fastest creatures I've ever seen in the game.  They constantly manage to slip by my entrance that is guarded by nearly forty war badgerdogs.  I made the mistake once of telling a military dwarf to fight one.  It chased it around my fortress for half a year until the thing finally ran somewhere I could lock it in.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 01, 2014, 07:14:55 pm »

Human caravan showed up first summer, before the first dwarf caravan. Weird.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 113