Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191868 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:20 am »

Nice :) He was an adventurer who found a magical slab in worldgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2013, 11:04:37 am »

I will be purging my forts of fire mages and fire kins in the future. I had a theif pop up in my food stockpile and the entire room was quickly engulfed in dragonfire. The fire cloud killed THIRTY dwarves and destroyed most of the booze and food. Somehow the fire mage survived.

Not a month later the same fire mage melted my main drawbridge with another dragonfire cloud. He fell to the bottom of the moat and slowly bled to death. I cheered. In the mean time traffic in and out of the fort completely stopped until the bridge could be rebuilt.

I now have a bugged artifact scabbard stuck in a wooden bin. It was being hauled over the bridge at the time it was melted.  One of the items is hot enough to smoke and won't stop. I used autodump to move it to a large murky pool and it proceeded to evaporate the entire pool. Ive also run the dfhack 'fix/stable-temp apply' on it. But the temp change doesn't seem to stick.

Other than the fire mages, Ive been having a great time with this mod! Thanks Meph!
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2013, 11:39:52 am »

I also make a point of eliminating any and all magic dwarfs who show up.  I don't particularly care for any of them.

I'm more in favor of the old transforming of a religious dwarf into a servant of armok (or whatever it was called) from the previous versions. The light and dark based temples were a lot more interesting.

I'm more of a hold out for the original AD&D characteristics for dwarfs being better clerics.  (I don't recall if there was even a rules-based method for them to become wizards (or maybe they were just extremely level limited))
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2013, 02:28:09 pm »

I think that picture screams "OBSIDIAN FARMING!!" at you. ;)

Nah, it's a volcano - I have more obsidian than I can shake a stick at anyway.  I was going to dig a channel down and drop excess junk/enemies into the pool.

OTOH, I've never done farming ... perhaps it's time for !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: DwarvesAtWork
I will be purging my fort of fire mages and fire kins in the future.

The Firemage Furnace Operator *Firemage* is caught in a cloud of dragonfire!
Uvash Nabidtakuth Firemage Furnace Operator *Firemage* has bled to death.
Urist McWhiner screams, "Aw, man!  Who's going to clean this up?  There's blood all up and down the main staircase!"

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2013, 06:05:55 pm »

Since I got a DemonBound for the first time upon embark, I decided to toy around with him a bit.
I drafted him into the military and sent him around slaughtering all of the wildlife on screen- Warthogs, Antelopes, Great Bulls, you name it, he killed it without taking a single scratch.

Then this happened:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2013, 06:47:19 pm »

haha...use fullheal -r to resurrect him in df hack :)

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2013, 07:05:46 pm »

Woa for sure is not just a "Cobra" is maybe a giant one or a Dire One, or a giantwere cobra?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2013, 07:15:56 pm »

Doesnt matter, Cobra poison is strong enough... anyway, it was the kobold that killed him.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 13, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »

Doesnt matter, Cobra poison is strong enough... anyway, it was the kobold that killed him.

She was pretty much dead before the kobold got to her, not pictured are about five additional pages of the snake tearing into her. Kobold just put her out of her misery. On another note, I sent my newly-drafted marksdwarf after the same snake (completely unarmed, unarmored, and untrained). With a single kick, he sent it flying across the entire 2x2 embark into a wall, killing it instantly.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2013, 11:23:05 pm »

:o How did they know?
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #505 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:31 am »

She was pretty much dead before the kobold got to her, not pictured are about five additional pages of the snake tearing into her. Kobold just put her out of her misery. On another note, I sent my newly-drafted marksdwarf after the same snake (completely unarmed, unarmored, and untrained). With a single kick, he sent it flying across the entire 2x2 embark into a wall, killing it instantly.
I had a Kobold Witch that was webbing everything and headshoting them, killing endless amounts of creatures, till a coralsnake bit her, killing her... same thing. Capturing the snake, taming it and milking the poison for arrows or bolts would make so much more sense. ^^

titus1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 14, 2013, 12:06:52 pm »

FIRE!!!! Fire everywhere  :'( My miners struck a Metalwraith who almost killed one of them(what is up with the dwarfs transforming and losing their equipment, btw). I sent my military to deal with it and they chopped it limb by limb. Next thing I know, there is another Metalwraith at the surface, in the refuse/corpse zone. Hmm... I send my awesome Steel AXE weilding Dwarves to kill it(again?) and then the fire started. Apparently you shouldn't kill Metal with metal  :D
The caravan, all the buildings and farms that I had upstairs are gone, together with a handful of miners who were trying to dig channels  :D
Great mod.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »

After four gremlin invasions and two automaton invasions in the same year, my military was looking a bit ragged (and quite a bit smaller). One of my sworddwarves had a wounded leg, so he was hopping around on a crutch and apparently couldn't carry his sword. That didn't stop him from being the first to get to the scene when a handful of reptile people appeared however, nor did it prevent him from kicking ass.

Omitted are several pages of the dwarf hitting reptile people with his crutch and dodging whenever they tried to hit him back.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 14, 2013, 06:09:26 pm »

So, I sent some golems down to the caverns to kill a troll and it moved of the map. I feel like I just got trolled by a troll.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:26 am »

I've started offering masterwork rings to the trading caravans.  I ... I don't know why ...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 113