Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191829 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #405 on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:47 am »

Atom smash them.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

@amagic
necromancers, lichs and warlocks, thats your problem.

set secrets to 0, take the warlocks out until this overpowered spell is fixed and take the lichs out of the fear the night raw... or just deactivate fear the night completely to get rid of them.

i just hate it to lose my best soldiers to some random spells... its dumb.

oh, and they are all sneaking, so you dont see them until you get close... but its pointless to try to get them on open terrain because they got a higher viewrange than your soldiers, so they just run away and make your soldiers rot in the meantime...

and everyone who dies becomes a zombie of course.

no... i just take them all out.. this is dumb.
i prefer dwarfy, honorable fights over cheap and silly ones.

edit: maybe it is enough just not to embark near a necromancer tower... but i'm not entirely sure about that
however, you have to take the warlocks out... or erase the necromancing ones out of the raws anyways

Can I remove the spellcasting pussies without starting a new fortress?

it "should" be possible to take out the warlocks out, if you edit the raws of the save.
the necromancers and liches... well, you gotta look deeper in the files then.
they should be somewhere in the "vanilla" raws... but i'm not sure if they got moved into the mw files for some reason.

just ctrl+f in the files where they could be, search for necromancer and lich and delete them.
and hope you dont get some crashes if they are still on the map.

or you just change their spells, and delete the rotting spells and the other OP stuff.
you wont get crashes with this.
so you can still fight undead hordes. but it wont be unfair.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 17, 2013, 03:13:37 pm »

Me and my friend's term3 game never got going because I can't figure out how to port forward. Also we couldn't figure out if he had to have DF and term3 running to connect to my game or not. The playing interface really doesn't look like it can be used to interact with the game so we were confused.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 17, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

It was a beautiful day, the Embark's first caravan was trading, and the last of the butchering from the last bout of dwarven military frenzy had just been copmpleted, when a runner came up to me. "Sir!" he said. "We have Three Leprechauns at our southern border!"

I immediately called up our three man army. "Go bring me their golden hearts!" I commanded them. "And take the War Drakes, War Cragtooths, and the Wr BAdgerdog with you!"

.....turns out, Leprechauns don't have gold body parts or carry gold with them.

Sneaky little bastards. Glad I still smashed them to bits, though.

The HELL?

Kobold showed up at the trading post, and before I or anyone from my military could do anything, it was engulfed in Dragon Fire.

The merchants had a few guards, and a caged flash, fire landmine, ward of Armok, and a couple animals. The cone of fire definitely came from the trading post. No  idea what the hell hit the Kobold, but it's pretty damn awesome.

Yeah, fire is spreading. at least 2 merchants have died from it so far.....free stuff! and so have 2 Tuskoxes. Lots of Meat!

Sucky thing is that now they won't trade. I wanted to get a goat/baderdog, maybe some metal off of them :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:18:41 pm by Maul_Junior »
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2013, 08:51:14 am »

Then it starts fire try makind rain in DFhack if you don't mind little cheating:)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 18, 2013, 09:43:49 am »

Start up a new fort, check out the surroundings to start thinking about where I want the entrance to go after the picks get forged, then designate locations for the Wood Oven, Smelter, Mason, Mech buildings to start getting things done and unpause.

Day 1:
"The .Soldier stares at the moon!"
"The Stray Armoks Ward show the true power of armok!"
"The .Soldier are cured of the were-curse!"
"Ashmon Inalkor, .Soldier has transformed into a dwarf!"

Glad I brought the ward.

Day 1 cont:
"The Stray Armoks Ward summons the power of armok and unveils the cultleader!"
"Mestthos Zulbanzeg, Miner has transformed into a cultleader of the carp god!"
"Udil Anedaskak, Mechanic cancels Construct Building: Interrupted by Miner."

Dwarves fleeing...

"The Administrator joins the cult of the carp god, forsaking the dwarven gods and defiles the work of Armok!"
"Dobar Rodukest, Administrator has transformed into a acolyte of the carp god!"
"The .Archer joins the cult of the carp god, forsaking the dwarven gods and defiles the work of Armok!"
"Kikrost Nestethoril, .Archer has transformed into a acolyte of the carp god!"
"The Forgedwarf joins the cult of the carp god, forsaking the dwarven gods and defiles the work of Armok!"
"Vukrig Subzotir, Forgedwarf has transformed into a acolyte of the carp god!"

Not as glad I brought that ward anymore...

Cizix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 18, 2013, 05:26:53 pm »

[Kobold Mode]

Only YOU can prevent fortress fires!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember to build fire doors out of fire-safe materials!
Also, remember to build fire doors!

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 19, 2013, 07:30:01 am »

My archeologist discovered a stoneware figurine of one of the other members of the fortress who happened to be named "Doc". Either Urist McJones is scarfing discoveries from the local craftsdwarf shop or Doc is a time traveler.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2013, 12:25:57 pm »

My first Deity showed up, and he's friendly!

http://i.imgur.com/QXVvAb5.png
http://i.imgur.com/WBtqUOa.png

For the life of me I cannot figure out why he chose to live in my fort of all places, as he's not worshiped by any of the dorfs and I've only recently begun religious ceremonies.

So far his divine will has been to lounge around empty houses, maul thieving scum, and deconstruct the Trade Depot every time the elves arrive. He's won me a breeding pair of grizzlies, he has.

Edit: I just looked him up in legends, apparently he's a human god. Do human gods frequently take residence in dwarf forts?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:33:04 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2013, 12:58:51 pm »

Generally in the form of a corpse, yes. How they came to be a corpse however is variable. Usually a dorf did it.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2013, 01:34:29 pm »

My first Deity showed up, and he's friendly!

http://i.imgur.com/QXVvAb5.png
http://i.imgur.com/WBtqUOa.png

For the life of me I cannot figure out why he chose to live in my fort of all places, as he's not worshiped by any of the dorfs and I've only recently begun religious ceremonies.

So far his divine will has been to lounge around empty houses, maul thieving scum, and deconstruct the Trade Depot every time the elves arrive. He's won me a breeding pair of grizzlies, he has.

Edit: I just looked him up in legends, apparently he's a human god. Do human gods frequently take residence in dwarf forts?

Perhaps you should practice some Spartan spirit and put his deity-ness to the test. :D

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 19, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »

I had two friendly dieties turn up in a row this game... so far. The first went down fast when a goblin archer ambush started shooting. The second looks a bit more challenging, so hoping to see another ambush to test it soon. :)

I dissected the first one's corpse. She was a cyclops.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

I started prayers (reveal possessed) from a Speaker's podium and several dwarves make grimaces when they hear holy words. Including a child and a baby.

I am still to sure what to do next with all that.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 20, 2013, 06:36:01 am »

My perfectly good fortress was anihilated. Not by siege, not by titans, but by runtime error. :( :(

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 20, 2013, 06:36:20 am »

Interesting bit of fun: I've been making a megaconstruction using 4a and a friendly Hill Titan decides to pay a visit.  For about a year, no dwarves are harmed, but anyworkshops or new constructions are interrupted by this eager creature, so we're about to starve when it ventures outside and we lock the doors quickly, shutting it out.

That was an interesting twist.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 113