Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192140 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

How do you get legendary militia in three seasons? :/
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »

How do you get legendary militia in three seasons? :/

1) make a squad with 2 dwarves (TWO!)
2) make an armor stand and a barracks from it (can be placed anywhere, no requirements here, size doesn't matter, i usually put it right next to the entrance on the outside), set the barracks to train for the squad
3) give them whatever weapon you want them to gain skill in (training weapon will do) and a wooden shield
4) set them to active
5) wait one year
6) they will be legendary in fighting and their weapon skill, with shield skill lacking slightly behind, but usually shield skill is legendary after 2 years latest... Oh, and watch their attributes, if you want to have fun ;)

This method is more efficient with guilded soldiers, as they have higher attribute caps (the skillgain gain doesn't matter, tbh)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2014, 01:15:17 pm »

Ah, oh, kay. I tended to just recruit a bunch in one go, reasoning that it means more bodies swinging things.

Also I almost always make my barrackses from coffers, does that make like any difference? :D Also also I'm starting a new game. Orc one started crashing due to it being busy and the warlock game I completely do not understand (which makes it intriguing) but also crashes often. Probably going to be a new Dwarf one because the kobolds seem too sickly sweet and adorable.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 15, 2014, 03:48:46 pm »

I love this mod.

For some reason I had a fight with a bone golem thief in my fort. When I saw the reports it was already dead and I thought no more of it. (I should have).
Now I just realized that one of my fortressborn babydwarfs was born a LICH! What do i do now? The description says that he will not age (or will he?) so I guess I will never be able to put him inthe military.
Further more I guess as soon as his mother goes to the refuse stockpile all hell will break loose. Im terrified of this hellspawn of a child.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #769 on: February 15, 2014, 04:43:18 pm »

He will not die of old age, but he should grow up. No problem there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 15, 2014, 05:02:47 pm »

He will not die of old age, but he should grow up. No problem there.

Cool! Now the little bugger got close to a caged changeling and turned it into a gargantuan bonegolem (Tame).

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 15, 2014, 06:38:25 pm »

Ah, oh, kay. I tended to just recruit a bunch in one go, reasoning that it means more bodies swinging things.

Also I almost always make my barrackses from coffers, does that make like any difference? :D Also also I'm starting a new game. Orc one started crashing due to it being busy and the warlock game I completely do not understand (which makes it intriguing) but also crashes often. Probably going to be a new Dwarf one because the kobolds seem too sickly sweet and adorable.

I used to do that too until I saw mahrgells play through.  Honestly two dwarf training feels a little OP. But not nearly as cheaty feeling as danger rooms. My 10 dwarf squads would train for years and be only level 3 or 4 in skills. Until it's officially rebalanced five two dwarf squads are the way to go.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 15, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »

Both of my embarking ghouls died early in the game when I tried sending them against what was apparently the most bloodthirsty horse in the game, now they keep reanimating as four "friendly" undeads (The stupid thing kicked off their heads while they were down.) and continually bother the fort by interrupting workers and picking fights with the mephits. I still don't have a decent meat industry going, what with my hunters all dead, the mephits wasting their time and everyone too scared to gather what few bodies there are.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:37:28 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 15, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »

Both of my embarking ghouls died early in the game when I tried sending them against what was apparently the most bloodthirsty horse in the game, now they keep reanimating as four "friendly" undeads (The stupid thing kicked off their heads while they were down.) and continually bother the fort by interrupting workers and picking fights with the mephits. I still don't have a decent meat industry going, what with my hunters all dead, the mephits wasting their time and everyone too scared to gather what few bodies there are.

Yeah i had something similar happen in my fort today. Sent my Ghoul to kill a "Giant Fly", he ended up getting his head bitten off, literally. Id suggest butchering the Mephit things, they suck in combat anyways and atleast give some meat, scales and a soul.

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 15, 2014, 10:17:35 pm »

Both of my embarking ghouls died early in the game when I tried sending them against what was apparently the most bloodthirsty horse in the game...

Horses ain't nothin' to fuck with. A kick from a horse will likely severely injure anyone not wearing armor. A kick to the head, armor or not, is almost always fatal.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 15, 2014, 10:24:50 pm »

Horses ain't nothin' to fuck with. A kick from a horse will likely severely injure anyone not wearing armor. A kick to the head, armor or not, is almost always fatal.

I once had a 130 dwarf fortress taken out by a single zombie horse that was raised by a necromancer who then left the map. 
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

TheBricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2014, 06:46:23 am »

Recently, my fortress got visited twice by a team of three liches, dwarf, elf and a kobbold. They farted with a gingerbread smoke and severally injured my guard dwarves, killing my legendary hammerdwarf (who had slayed about three balrogs in a weird mining accident) , then raised some of my corpses as headless gingerbread covered zombies barfing longland beer and cheese webs.

Seriously the most frighthening shit i've seen to date.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #777 on: February 16, 2014, 06:54:11 am »

That sounds like one of Seth Creyids easter eggs from wizards tower  :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheBricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 16, 2014, 07:58:18 am »

He deserves a big cookie for this.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 16, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

Just started a shiny new Orc Fort. Whilst digging my usual stairway down into the earth i found some Relics. Decided to process them fast. One was... about 10-15 Steel Ballista Bolts, and the other was 3-4 stacks of Manticore Bolts. Pretty awesome. Decided to melt the Steel stuff. Not sure if i should bother with the Manticore stuff, can Orcs even use Crossbows?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 113