Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191886 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2013, 05:04:12 am »

Thats a sideeffect from the new crafts... I always thought its just "in the inventory", not "in the ear/on the finger".. the journals and hourglasses and so forth are actually the rings, bracelets and earrings from vanilla DF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2013, 08:44:25 am »

I figured it was something that was hard-coded so I didn't put it in the bug thread. I thought it was pretty funny, because I imagined him traipsing about the fort looking for his next victim, with an hour-glass perfectly balanced on his head and a ringbound journal (chronicling his nefarious deeds) hanging from his ear. It explains why he had to prey upon sleeping people, because people who could see him probably gave the weirdo a wide berth.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:46:44 am by Baijiu »

karloss99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2013, 12:25:57 pm »

The village Botibruk, ''Tiledash'', closes its second year with a (yet another) not-really-useful artifact.

When my blacksmith got into a fey mood and grabbed one (of two!) orichalcum bar (& some leather & stuff) I got hopeful, it would be REALLY good to get a good weaponsmith (or armor) just as I start to get my military into gear (heh.. gear).

What did I get? A 103200 U-bucks worth of... dice: Zakgol, ''Mintspiteful'', a orichalcum dice. Guess Armok lost his previous one. And I got a Grand master metalcrafter...

So... forth artifact so far. Goes into dining room wall for useless glory. It is sad that the most useful artifact so far is a DOOR (a wooden door I used to calm my manager/bookkeeper.) At least magma is free... (volcano embark)

P.S. My whole world (Remote tolaria gen, modded with end at year 200) has 1 dwarf civ and that civ has no plump helmets.  Now it has all the other 1st cave plants, just not this one. After embark I used reveal & prospect, it showed that there ARE plump helmet bushes underground. Odd.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »

in my above ground kobold fort in a forest by a stream with a cave i had the first time an artifact came to my fortress
apparently a human paladin brought a corrupted bloodsteel slab, mirding nepe- 'the duty of brightness,' which reads "The secrets of the light" and left it on the edge of the map
according to legends it was made 26 years before the fort, this was from 1 of a few sieges from the secret thieves tunnel

will my kobolds learn the secrets of the light?  :o
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2013, 09:03:58 am »

I must have embarked next to a Necromancer tower or something because I seem to get waves of Bone Golems, some are friendly and hang around in my dining room or entrance way. Some hostile ones appear magically in various locations, bypassing my watch animals and traps.

Makes for an interesting day when my dwarves are fighting alongside Friendly Bone Golems ...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2013, 02:25:10 pm »

Undeadlord, one of your migrants must have been a lich.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2013, 03:08:05 pm »

I just need to say it, I love the brood and the iron guardians. They make playing a dead civ Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more bearable. I mean sure, the broodlings have limits to what they can do but the fact they're expendable is wonderful! I'm a little worried about the fact that they're looking to dwarves for direction though.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2013, 03:46:56 pm »

Trying a new challenge, segregated the map into 4 roughly equal burrows with little-to-no interaction with eachother and radically different goals and design styles, with a single central communal meeting hall where the "classes" can eat, mingle, meet with nobles, look at artifacts and trade with outsiders. Only miners, military, mages and nobles are free from burrow restrictions. Pretty entertaining thus far, but the micromanaging got nearly intolerable with a recent migrant wave of 56.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2013, 04:44:58 pm »

Indeed, what's with the huge migrant waves?

The game ninja-reset my population and child caps, and I never noticed until I had like 144 dwarves and 60 children. While I was getting 30+ migrants, I was certain that after the next caravan it would stop. But they kept coming...

Oh well, I'm planning a big tomb area anyway. Populate that, b****s!
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »

My archaeologist found me an Iron Guardian of Armok, They are like a golem yes?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2013, 12:30:14 am »

My archaeologist found me an Iron Guardian of Armok, They are like a golem yes?

Iron colossus actually. Big bastards will punt a goblin the length of a hallway and wrestle FBs to the ground. if it's a golem/inactive, then you'll probably need to activate it at the golem forge.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:25 am »

I just need to say it, I love the brood and the iron guardians. They make playing a dead civ Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more bearable. I mean sure, the broodlings have limits to what they can do but the fact they're expendable is wonderful! I'm a little worried about the fact that they're looking to dwarves for direction though.
Never been able to use broodlings. What do they do and how do I get them?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2013, 12:38:41 am »

Never been able to use broodlings. What do they do and how do I get them?
You need at least one broodlord and one broodmother and when the mother has offspring I think it runs some kind of interaction that turns it into a dwarven child. The only difference between broodlings and normal dwarves so far is they they need to create a masterwork or earn a title to serve in the military. I haven't tested joining guilds or the mages yet, but even if they can't they're a nice expendable resource, more expendable than normal dwarves. They will get upset if the lot of them are descended from the same broodmasters, since watching one's literal brothers die in droves will cause them to tantrum.

They do however need a true dwarf to lead them when they join the military.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2013, 10:42:46 am »

Undeadlord, one of your migrants must have been a lich.

Ohhh how cool, I will have to check that out. I hope he isn't turning live dwarfs into Bone Golems, I feel like I would have noticed that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2013, 12:23:26 pm »

No, but any nearby corpse. So pet-corpses will give tame pet-golems, dwarf corpses should give friendly bone golems, and corpses from invaders give hostile ones... its a powerful mechanic, but might backfire, depending on which corpses the guy has access to ;)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 113