Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192147 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #1080 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »

Twigdread update (my ork fortress, from above): massive numbers of migrants have me at almost double my pop-cap, due to slow caravans.. my created wealth isnt TOO high (not even 200k yet), so n ot sure why Im getting so many. Note: popcap is 60, and Im at 113 o_o

I've also gotten a TON of artisian orks, which surprises me, unlss the % of them has been bumped up. Ive got maybe 10 or 12.. including 6 in one migrant wave alone.

Anyways! Iv'e managed to rather easily fight off beakwolf, frogmen and strangler sieges, with a mixed army: a squad of uruks, 2 squads of mixed orcs and strong/tough snaga wrestler sorts (they'll get weapons eventually), and a partial squad of archers. Then a dwarf siege came along.

Wasnt a big siege, I think.. 11 or 12 maybe. They hung out on the edge of the map near my above-ground fortress for awhile.. about 25 squares from my sleeping area (through 2 walls.. still getting sleep cancelations!). I moved my archers up to the fortification  level of my main wall, then pitted a dire wolf pup outside hoping to lure them over... they didnt budge, and the pup when off on his merry way, chasing a butterfly or something.

Another.. month or so into the siege.. maybe 2.. I decided to pasture all the named pets in my airlock area, hoping to lure the dwarves into range of my archers... opened the appropriate drawbridges.. and continued to watch them for another 2 months or so

suddenly, the dwarves decided to get off their asses and make their way over to the pastured animals.. not sure why they decided to do this, since I had no orks outside. Anyways, the dwarves (12 macedwarves, all with leather armor, metal helms and shields, and maces of various sorts) came over and started attacking the pastured animals (mostly dire wolves and taiga cats).. this brought them into range of my archers, who proceeded to pelt them with bone arrows of generally good quality... apparently, dwarves can deflect arrows with their weapons, which I didnt know - _-

However, I did manage to down 2 of them.. a third got trapped in the  airlock area with a taiga cat.. they beat each other into exhaustion, while the rest of the dwarves proceeded to chase down the fleeing animals. I eventually closed the airlock and sent in my uruks to kill the exhausted dwarf. Now, however, the rest of the macedwarves are sitting on the edge of the map again, JUST out of range of my archers. I am not sure how weill ironbone/iron armor will stand up to maces..
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1081 on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:00 pm »

created wealth isnt TOO high (not even 200k yet)
Thats already trigger 4 of 5. Second highest wealth requirement... so it is very high :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 24, 2014, 12:52:17 am »

created wealth isnt TOO high (not even 200k yet)
Thats already trigger 4 of 5. Second highest wealth requirement... so it is very high :P

Oh...er... I knew that. I wanted to make sure everyone else did. *nods sagely*
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 25, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

One of my summoned forgotten beasts, a water-based one with poisonous vapors, just froze. WTF?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 25, 2014, 04:05:01 pm »

Well it IS made of water. That's hilarious.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 26, 2014, 01:45:19 am »

New Embark; Blisterhells, the ironically named ork fort located in a freezing environment. Building it sorta similar to those ancient temples in Ethiopia, where they're shaped out of the stone in a pit.. sorta.. google for some sample pictures. Anyways, its coming along ok, the building portion. Defensively, I took a page from someone elses book (forget who.. sorry!), and had my military set up in several squads of two for training purposes.. worked beautifully, by late autumn my two Enforcers (my name for standard military orks) were legendary swordsorks, legendary fighters and legendary shield users. One of them (the Warchief!) fought off a 15-count strangler siege on his own (well, and 2 dire wolves).. he even went so far as to name his weapon!

Warblade  NArkuump Iliimal (Enforcer) has bestowed the name Ashakh Oghaak upon a bronze scimitar!

Then along came a were-ape. I think, had the Unfortunate Incident not occurred, we would have triumphed. Instead, it was a devastating loss.

The were-ape appeared on the map very close to my stockpiles, and right beside my main (Well, only) pasture, where ALL of my animals were. Aurochs, dire wolves, condors, a tentacle monster (bought from succubi merchant) and a lesser basilisk (also from the succubi). For those of you familiar with these animals, you might be seeing where this is going.

Sent the Granites of Vileness (my primary squad) off to fight the were-ape; since my training area was smack in the middle of the pasture, my other two squads also rushed in (an uruk wrestling squad and a standard ork wrestling squad, all waiting on proper armor and weapons). As did the animals.

Including the basilisk.

I ended up loosing my Warchief, an uruk and two militia (ork wrestlers) to the basilisks rotting poison. The were-ape, despite taking considerable damage, managed to escape.. on a broken leg no less. And the warchiefs named weapon is sitting out there in the bloodied field, no one willing to go and move it to a stockpile :''(

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 26, 2014, 07:58:34 am »

Terrorreputations, Succubi Dungeon.

Freezing Tundra, next to a glacier.

Aquifer.

Tunneled down deep after freezing part of the aquifer to punch through.

Started tunneling out a section of rock to start a meeting area, kitchen, refuse area, etc.  Was almost done when I broke open a hole into the lowest cavern layer, right next to a vein of adamantine and an underground temple (wonderful role-play, there).

Thought things were great..then my fps tanked to 15 due to the multi z-level view screwing it up.  Now everything nearby moves at glacial speeds (no pun intended for the area).

As much as I think the plugin is incredibly neat..I've found that I'm playing less and less of MW because of the huge FPS drop it creates on my machine..and how I can't turn it off without crashing my games :/

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 26, 2014, 08:35:31 am »

My dwarves f-ing love nether grour. Every batch is consumed immediately upon creation. The buzz is so wicked that it puts them in the hospital every time.

*EDIT:

Looks like most of them would then stay in bed until they needed more nether juice. Repeat.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:07:43 am by There Is No Vic »

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:56 pm »

As much as I think the plugin is incredibly neat..I've found that I'm playing less and less of MW because of the huge FPS drop it creates on my machine..and how I can't turn it off without crashing my games :/

Same boat. Is there a way to turn off the plugin?

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 26, 2014, 01:10:51 pm »

Same boat. Is there a way to turn off the plugin?

Last I checked on the thread, it's being worked to allow a command to adjust the number of levels that are revealed.

Edit:Replaced the latest twbt.plug.dll with the one already in MW.  Loaded up my game.  Successfully disabled the multi-z level viewing with the "multilevel" command.  Frame rate restored.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:26:48 pm by Treason »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 26, 2014, 01:58:26 pm »

All Uruks but one killed by a water dragon.  All snaga and dreamwalkers killed by a berserking Uruk.  8)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 26, 2014, 02:27:14 pm »

Four separate ambushes of elves put an end to my necromancer fortress earlier. Was 179 invaders total. At least four ambushes of elves, war unicorns, and war lions.

They were really unhappy about something.

Now I'm in a quandry as to what I want to play next. I'm thinking of going back to dwarves for a little while. :)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 26, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »

Edit:Replaced the latest twbt.plug.dll with the one already in MW.  Loaded up my game.  Successfully disabled the multi-z level viewing with the "multilevel" command.  Frame rate restored.

I'm seeking clarification.. do you mean you replaced the .dll already in MW with the latest version?

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 26, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »

Yet another embark.. lost the last one to a tantrum spiral after half the original-8 died in a short period of time.

Dwarves this time, embarking in a desert. It's not been too interesting so far  (aside from my hunter being a horrible shot despite having a 10 in Crossbow use).. my reason for posting though, was this: in the latest migrant, an Apostle of Armok came... now, I had english names set, for some reason... so his name ends up translating to "Seduce Housecouple"...

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 26, 2014, 09:35:23 pm »

Heheh. I had a nun of Arnok once whose name translated to "SweatyFaith".
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 113