Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the districts adjacent to Whitecastle be zoned?

Agriculture
Housing
Parkland
Government
Industry
Natural resource harvesting
Religious
Utilities (Power, sewer, water, ect...)
Other (please post below)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: The luckiest tourist EVER (Update underway...)  (Read 85328 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (3 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »

My dwarf is going to get a barracks set up during the first season. After that, have him train for a while, I won't be online until late Sunday.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (3 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2013, 04:52:57 pm »

I'm going to assume that those dwarves that have not specified it, will trade "favor" for food and drink from the dwarves that have it to offer.  If the remaining spots have not yet been filled, those dwarves will become the only ones with the hauling/cleaning labors turned on and I'll set them up as farmers with seed stock as well.

I'll be assigning a book-keeper/broker to the fortress using the first available dwarf, which will own the use of an office and dining room from the outset.  Anyone who wishes to take these jobs themselves,  must be able to both demonstrate better skill than the current job holder and pay the fortress a one time fee worth the value of the office and dining area in hard currency, (to be donated to the next caravan from the Mountainhome).

Well, Mr Givens has run long, so I'll be using the last posted save to begin the 1-on-1 fortress now.  Stay tuned for updates.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:46:29 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2013, 04:41:04 pm »

Here are our starting seven:

Tattoo Craterarrow
She has been quite content lately. 
She is fifty-nine years old, born on the 20th of Limestone in the year 1670. 
She has a broad body.  Her hair is clean-shaven.  She has very low cheekbones.  Her nose is narrow.  She is average in size.  Her slightly close-set eyes are slightly rounded.  Her ears are free-lobed.  Her eyes are slightly sunken.  Her ears are somewhat narrow.  Her skin is copper.  Her eyes are jade. 
She is very flimsy. 
She likes porcelain, clear glass, green diamond, weak ice, cow hoof, backpacks and silvery gibbons for their bluish gray skin.  When possible, she prefers to consume seahorse, one-humped camel cheese and royal swamp whiskey.  She absolutely detests cave crabs. 
She has an iron will, a natural ability with music and a good feel for social relationships, but she has poor empathy. 
She almost never feels discouraged.  She occasionally overindulges.  She enjoys the company of others.  She is often cheerful.  She strives for excellence.  She is extremely cautious.  She chews her lips intently when she's thinking.  She becomes very focused during conversations when she's angry.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Highmax Roperesponsible
He has been quite content lately. 
He is fifty-eight years old, born on the 21st of Timber in the year 1671. 
He is very muscular.  His somewhat short ears have great swinging lobes.  His sideburns are clean-shaven.  His very long moustache is neatly combed.  His medium-length beard is arranged in double braids.  His hair is clean-shaven.  He has very low cheekbones, and he has a deeply recessed chin.  His nose is narrow.  His slightly close-set round eyes are slightly protruding.  His skin is cinnamon.  His eyes are jade. 
He is almost never sick, incredibly tough and very strong, but he is clumsy, very slow to heal and very quick to tire. 
He likes courage, steamguardian, blood gem, treant wood, crystal glass, brown recluse spider silk, the color Grazhir-white, meteor hammers, padded trousers and amulets.  When possible, he prefers to consume kiwifruit wine.  He absolutely detests moon snails. 
He has a great kinesthetic sense, a very good sense of empathy, a natural inclination toward language, very good intuition and a good feel for social relationships, but he has meager creativity and a questionable spatial sense. 
He can handle stress.  He doesn't need thrills or risks in life.  He is organized.  He has a sense of duty.  He takes time when making decisions.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Vgray Sindrill
He is forty-six years old, born on the 24th of Limestone in the year 1683. 
He is scrawny.  His very long sideburns are braided.  His very long moustache is arranged in double braids.  His medium-length beard is neatly combed.  His very long hair is braided.  His somewhat short ears are fuse-lobed.  His lips are thick.  He has a deeply recessed chin.  His somewhat broad nose is narrow.  His head is somewhat short.  His slightly rounded eyes are slightly close-set.  His eyes slightly rounded.  His nose bridge is slightly convex.  His hair is chocolate.  His skin is pale chestnut.  His eyes are jade. 
He is tough, but he is weak and extremely quick to tire. 
He likes courage, medicine, red zircon, ironclad elephant bone, burlap, the color goldenrod, shadows, blade-whips and salmon for their mass river migrations.  When possible, he prefers to consume giant sparrow, shrimp and lime spirits.  He absolutely detests finches. 
He has an iron will, a great musical sense, a good memory and good intuition. 
He is assertive.  He is modest.  He winks when he is nervous.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Maskwolf Knifeimprison
He is fifty years old, born on the 1st of Timber in the year 1679. 
He has a broad body with almost no fat on it.  He is incredibly skinny.  His sideburns are clean-shaven.  His medium-length moustache is neatly combed.  His very long beard is arranged in double braids.  His hair is clean-shaven.  His upturned nose is narrow.  His slightly rounded close-set eyes have thin irises.  His nose bridge is somewhat concave.  His somewhat tall ears are somewhat narrow.  His skin is pale pink.  His eyes are jade. 
He is incredibly quick to heal, quite durable and agile, but he is quick to tire. 
He likes thatch, iron, sardonyx, gargoyle leather, bladefoot rancor horn, nautilus shell and syndromebolts.  When possible, he prefers to consume nothing, scup, absinthe and milled oats.  He absolutely detests green blood worms. 
He has a good memory, but he has a questionable spatial sense and a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships. 
He is quick to anger.  He is self-conscious.  He greatly appreciates art and natural beauty.  He admires tradition.  He doesn't like to compromise with others.  He is occasionally given to procrastination.  He mutters under his breath when he's angry.  When he gets excited, it's easy to tell because he drums his fingers.  He exhales sharply when he gets angry.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Darkening Kaos Fordglaze
He is forty-four years old, born on the 16th of Slate in the year 1685. 
He is weak.  His sideburns are clean-shaven.  His long moustache is neatly combed.  His very long beard is arranged in double braids.  His very long hair is braided.  His lips are thick.  His nose is slightly upturned.  He has very low cheekbones, and he has a deeply recessed chin.  His somewhat tall ears are extremely narrow.  His slightly close-set eyes are slightly rounded.  His eyes have slightly thin irises.  His skin is tan.  His eyes are jade. 
He is very rarely sick and slow to tire, but he is clumsy and very weak. 
He likes lignite, bloody, star sapphire, water buffalo hoof, cups, catapult parts and changelings for their their ability to mimmick any creature.  When possible, he prefers to consume magpie, chestnut bread, royal whip wine and dwarven millet flour.  He absolutely detests green blood worms. 
He has a great feel for the surrounding space and a natural ability with music, but he has a shortage of patience and a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships. 
He doesn't often experience strong cravings or urges.  He is very friendly.  He is not a risk-taker.  He prefers stability and security to ambiguity and disorder.  He is not affected by the suffering of others.  He is self-disciplined.  His hands begin moving when he becomes exasperated.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Hame Hamejackal
She is thirty-five years old, born on the 27th of Hematite in the year 1694. 
She is very muscular.  She is very muscular.  Her hair is clean-shaven.  Her lips are thick.  Her somewhat long nose is upturned.  She has a deeply recessed chin.  Her slightly rounded eyes are slightly close-set.  Her skin is cinnamon.  Her eyes are jade.  Her eyes have slightly thin irises. 
She is extremely agile and very strong. 
She likes fine white brick, wolfram, goshenite, yak horn, gazelle wool, tubes, cows for their ponderous movements, basilisks for their ruthlessness and royal rat weed for their speed enhancing drinks.  When possible, she prefers to consume lime spirits.  She absolutely detests brown recluse spiders. 
She has a great sense of empathy, very good intuition and a great memory, but she has quite poor focus. 
She rarely feels discouraged.  She is organized.  She is occasionally given to procrastination.  She laughs in a distinct fashion when she's exasperateed.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Bolt Claspseal
She is thirty-six years old, born on the 5th of Moonstone in the year 1693. 
She has a broad body but it is very frail.  She is very weak.  Her hair is clean-shaven.  Her lips are thick.  Her nose is upturned.  Her slightly rounded close-set eyes have slightly thin irises.  Her skin is ecru.  Her eyes are jade. 
She is quite susceptible to disease and unquestionably weak. 
She likes tin aether, mechanized, blue garnet, smoothwood, unknown frozen creature substance, coral, the color turquoise, crude javelins, backpacks, crowns and mountain tuskoxen for their tireless endurance.  When possible, she prefers to consume spear-nosed bat, yellow bullhead and gutter cruor.  She absolutely detests bog crawlers. 
She has poor empathy, an iffy memory and a large deficit of willpower. 
She often feels discouraged.  She occasionally overindulges.  She tends to avoid crowds.  She is unassertive.  She is not a risk-taker.  She has a fertile imagination.  She dislikes intellectual discussions.  She is very trusting.  She is candid and sincere in dealings with others.  She is organized.  She becomes very focused during conversations when she's angry.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:23:58 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2013, 04:54:27 pm »

I love how I'm an average in everything pretty much
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (Now playing the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »

My computer had a little hiccup last night and I lost the save.  So, we'll be starting over with an entirely new group of seven.  I'll modify the previous post with those new dwarf descriptions and start it up once more without further delay.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »

Group name: The Mountain of Kings
Site (Fortress name): The Lonely Mountain

Spring report to follow:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:03:21 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »

What was I doing so far?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2013, 07:16:50 pm »

Has a barracks been set up?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2013, 10:45:39 pm »

OK! Turns out a computer with a faulty fan is one that restarts by itself, dumping any new saves in the process!  However, 3rd time's the charm - This time I'll be saving the file as soon as we embark, then sticking a copy in a zipped file just in case.  I spent most of today fixing the hardware, (well, most of today was spent finding out what the problem was then fixing the problem only took a drive to the computer store for a new part and replacing said part with the new one.

So, I'll start this bad boy up once more, and zip-save each season as it happens.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »

*Slams head on keyboard for a good two mintues or so*
GODDAMNITWORK!!!!

EDIT:
I can see this occouring after three tries with ANYONE

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »

Actually not that far off the mark.  Substitute internal raving for face slamming and needing a couple Lindsor chocolates before I was calm enough to not "accidentally skip" the machine off the nearest balcony and you'd have it in a nutshell.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2013, 02:10:30 am »

Fingers are crossed for a non-eventful re-start.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2013, 06:55:09 am »

Spring Report    -1729-

Our seven founders have arrived finally to the Lonely Mountain.  As the map indicated, the mountain has two peaks, one to the east and one to the west, with a fulminating caldera saddled between them. 

Considering the scroll's advice about a dragon lair nearby, Both Highmax and Darkening Kaos quickly grabbed their pickaxes and began excavating a temporary storage room, magma smithy and barracks. Both digging this out and piling the boulders in a pile was thirsty work, but D. Kaos's generous contribution of about thirty barrels of Dwarven Beer kept everyone from having to drink their own private stores, or go find water to slake their thirst.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Father Vgray spoke some words over our cheerful guzzle, cautioning us to drink enough to slake our thirst -no less and no more-, because Balance was of paramount importance.  We all cheered as he then blessed our impromptu gathering with the holy chop of one hand while draining a flagon of beer in the other - surely Axe will be pleased at what we have started in this place.

DK has traded on his generosity with the free beer to get the two miners to level off the lesser of the two peaks, which will become the foundation of a great lighthouse he intends to construct there.  We heard all about it on the way here, so we're excited to see it completed.

Soon Highmax's stair will be completely carved from the mountain, situated a full seven cubits deeper into the roots of the mountain, he's assured us that once he gets going that armor, golden coins and especially quality swords will soon be flowing from the mountain, making us all rich and powerful.

With all those riches bursting from our new home, I'll be glad to see Maskwolf training his deadly axe skills, all agleam in his copper finery.  All that the barracks needs is to have his armor stand, weapon rack and cabinet installed and he can begin training in earnest.  It's truly unfortunate that a leprechaun stole his axe out from under everyone's noses.  Fortunately, there are enough boulders lying around that we can construct a Stonecutter's workshop to make a stone anvil, and then use eight stone blocks and that anvil to construct a Rockforge.  Maskwolf will have himself a sharpened obsidian axe to replace the stolen one by this autumn at the very latest.

We've unearthed many varied crystals and gems - a jeweler could have a field day in here.
---End of Report---
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:00:44 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2013, 01:08:38 pm »

My guy looks weird... Is that a leather face mask?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »

My guy looks weird... Is that a leather face mask?

Dunno.  I'll start up the game and do close-in screen shots of everybody.  Back in a bit.

Also, I figure we'll do one season a week, to give everyone a chance to roleplay here in the forum and give new instructions to me about something they want their dwarf to do/not do.

Here we go: A portrait of the seven founders of The Lonely Mountain.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:00:15 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22