Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the districts adjacent to Whitecastle be zoned?

Agriculture
Housing
Parkland
Government
Industry
Natural resource harvesting
Religious
Utilities (Power, sewer, water, ect...)
Other (please post below)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: The luckiest tourist EVER (Update underway...)  (Read 87326 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (3 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »

Sounds good.  Ignore my previous post, I want to see how this plays out.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (4 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2013, 06:50:22 pm »

What biomes are present?
Tree and shrub density?
Sand or clay present?
I'm personally voting for having the volcano in one corner of the embark.

The Ancient and Honorable Guild of Historians and Geomancers have donated this scroll at your request.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They further advise your group that information about the various peoples on the Island, or other known hazards, are available at quite reasonable prices.  Merely submit your request for information to the Dwarven liason and he will quote you a price for that information.  Your answer will be provided by the next caravan from Carriedsmiths, so long as you are able to provide the agreed upon price.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:52:34 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (3 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2013, 06:54:48 pm »

Actually, I am going to use a different dwarf.

Dwarf stats:
Axedwarf 4, shield user 3, armor user 3, bronze/iron axe(if possible, otherwise copper) and full copper armor (chainmail, high boots, gauntlets, helm, greaves, buckler).  Any remaining points go into food and drink.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »

What this island needs is a light-house.....even if, in the middle of the island, it is entirely inpractical.

We also have a volcano and a good supply of clay.

Are these items portentous?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

I have a suggestion to make regarding unnamed migrants that hopefully will help our host's sanity in the first couple years.  Every named dwarf can request a certain (small) number of migrants, the exact numbers of which can be determined later by vote.  Every other migrant is put to work doing something time-consuming but uninteresting, like farming.  None of the migrants have accounts and trade per se, but every player has to state a way they are going to pay their workers: and the more skilled they get, the more it costs.  If there is someone with an important skill like mining, and our miner is busy/won't do a job for us, we can pay him to mine out an area for us.  The same can go for any dwarf skilled in a prized skill, if timeless bob thinks so, it can be played like an NPC.  These dwarves would also be good for people who want to enter the game.

I also propose a cap of 15 people total in the game at a time, anyone else goes on the waiting list.  The people dorfed the latest or not at all in a previous fortress will have first dibs on the new fortress after the 5 year changeup.  If your dwarf dies and there is a waiting list, you are put on the waiting list and the first person on the list gets a chance to take a dwarf, wait for a migrant, or pass, either until the next fortress or entirely.

What does everyone say?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

There's nothing that says you can't continue a new 5 year turn in the same place either.  However, in this game-world, I use DFhack to retire fortresses rather than abandon them, so if a hero citizen of this fortress wants to take an adventuring turn, we can do that too.  Ever had an entire group of dorf'd companions you've trained up in a fortress, leave that fortress and seek fame and glory elsewhere?  It's possible in this game.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2013, 08:27:20 pm »

There's nothing that says you can't continue a new 5 year turn in the same place either.  However, in this game-world, I use DFhack to retire fortresses rather than abandon them, so if a hero citizen of this fortress wants to take an adventuring turn, we can do that too.  Ever had an entire group of dorf'd companions you've trained up in a fortress, leave that fortress and seek fame and glory elsewhere?  It's possible in this game.
That's actually really cool, I might consider that later.  What about the other suggestions?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2013, 09:07:34 pm »

In see no need to limit the number of players, you see, I don't have any sanity in the first place, so that's OK then.  The migrants will probably be from the other past fortresses - back in 1717, the venerable king died at Tunnelkindness and the position remains unfilled, so there's that too.  Any dwarf is a free agent until they "sign a work contract" with one of the named dorfs, which means that when the terms of that contract are finished, I can just do a switch of funds and whatever was done at the end of the season - much easier for me as a host.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:13:54 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2013, 09:28:02 pm »

On a side note, does anyone here know how much the equipment I listed costs in MW?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2013, 05:03:53 am »

On a side note, does anyone here know how much the equipment I listed costs in MW?
axedwarf 4   ................18pts
sheild user 3.................11pts
armor user 3.................11pts
bronze battle axe.........136pts
copper mail shirt............40pts
copper high boots (2).....18pts (36pts/pair)
copper gauntlets (2).......22pts (44pts/pair)
copper helm..................24pts
copper greaves..............50pts
copper buckler...............28pts

102 pts left for food/drink (each unit of food costs between 2 to 6 pts, depending on quality.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:09:05 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2013, 05:14:04 am »

The list of people to be dorfed will exist, certainly, with migrants up for grabs to be dorfed, but also children growing into new peasants (or even as babies or children from the outset)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2013, 01:14:22 pm »

I have a fun twist to tie this in, why not have a community game where you build and maintain TOADYLAND! a huge amusement park. a resort for Twoflower then?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »

Well, we've got three unique visions of this Lonely Mountain embark, now:
1) King under the mountain, with hoard of golden stuff and dragon guarding it
2) Clay brick lighthouse
3) A "Toadyland" resort for Twoflower to eventually explore.

I think they're all good ideas - it'd be fun to see them all happen. 
"Toadyland", financed by the King under the Mountain, with the Lighthouse Keepers lighting the way.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »

Uh...I'll get back to you on skill thing whenever my bandwidth is less tight.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »

I'll be embarking on the site tomorrow, so everyone that wants to (but hasn't already) needs to either PM me their desired equipment lists and skills, (up to the limits I already have set).  Any unclaimed dwarves of the original seven will begin the game as unskilled peasants.

Whoops! Jumped the gun.  Dick's got until this evening to post his save file.  (For some some reason I thought today was the 8th.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:15:50 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22