Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the districts adjacent to Whitecastle be zoned?

Agriculture
Housing
Parkland
Government
Industry
Natural resource harvesting
Religious
Utilities (Power, sewer, water, ect...)
Other (please post below)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: The luckiest tourist EVER (Update underway...)  (Read 87339 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2013, 05:43:18 pm »

Highmax: Are you voting for the "Lonely mountain"?  Put it in the poll.

Once a maximum of 20 seasons have gone past, the game will end anyway, but nothing says we can't re-embark at another site then for another 1on1 game at a different embark site.
So every 5 years, we migrate?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2013, 05:47:52 pm »

Timeless Bob, when should we PM you with dwarf ideas?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2013, 08:34:25 pm »

Yes - every 5 in-game years (if the fortress isn't prematurely ended before then due to FUN, of course), we move to a new site.

Wait to PM me dwarf ideas until after the 7th (or Dick Givens sends an updated new save file.)  The way the polls are going, we should have more than enough to decide where to embark then.  Until then, make a list of everything you want your dwarf to have once we do embark.  List them from greatest to least priority, and I'll buy the highest priority ones for each Player first before moving down to the next highest, until all the embark points are used up.

Do you guys want to do a test-run until Dick finishes his turn, or do you mind waiting one more week?

So is it just Highmax and 4maskwolf that will be playing the 1on1 game?  'Cause there's more than 2 (3 including mine) votes in the poll, which is a little confusing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:38:45 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2013, 08:52:36 pm »

I think it's that there isn't many people who know about the game. The posts about it are at the ends of two seemingly dead threads.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

Ok... time to make "Billboard".

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, do we PM you the list or...?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (5 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2013, 12:23:24 am »

Here's the deal: you have the option to post your intentions publicly here, in which case, if someone else wants to hatch a plan to foil yours, they already know what you plan to do.  If you wish, however, you can send me your instructions privately, so that only you and I know what you have told your dwarf to do, and the others may guess your plans a season or two down the road by what your dwarf has done already.  I'm just giving you guys the option of keeping your "true intentions" secret if you wish them to be.  You can even say one thing on the board and another to me via PM, (In which case I'll use the PM instructions instead.)  It helps the game be more involving, trying to figure out what everyone is trying to do with the limited resources at the embark.  Migrants will be available to be dwarfed, but will otherwise be "up for grabs" to the highest bidders, so accumulating wealth,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, is a good idea, because you can trade the "hard currency" of trade items in each time a caravan comes, to buy stuff from the mountainhome, or trade favors between the various dwarves of the Fortress for services and supplies. 

Migrants coming to the fortress will only have the clothes on their backs as any form of "hard currency", but can sign work contracts each season with any dwarf willing to pay them in either trade items or favors. 

Any military squad leaders will have to make sure that their squad is covered by making contracts with whomever they're working with/protecting. (Yes, this does mean that a really rich dwarf can have his/her own personal squad of bodygaurds who do nothing for anybody else, if that Player wishes it.  They better have the wealth to support that squad though, since unhappy military dorfs can show their displeasure in a very pointed fashion sometimes.)

Unless their owner has chosen to trade them at the caravan, or use them to pay someone, trade goods will be stockpiled where their owner wants them, using Display cases and bins that have been forbidden.  Each end of season report will also include the relative worth of each Player's dwarf in trade goods and favors owed them by the other residents.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:38:48 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (5 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2013, 04:47:09 am »

I'm in for the One-On-One wackiness.

Sending you a PM.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2013, 04:53:04 am »

Well, that was quick.  Looks like the Lonely Mountain is our embark site next week.

DK: gotcha.  You're added.

I'll go do a pre-emptive embark and post a more accurate picture of the site so you guys can start planning what you want to take on the wagon.

Each dwarf in the wagon can spend 500 embark points, so start planning your skills and any stuff you want to take now.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (4 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2013, 05:26:46 am »

Good news!  The mapmakers have made a specific map based on the advance scout's information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They say that there's an aquifer present, but that shouldn't be a problem - that brown mound is a tunnel mouth to a cave system (EDIT: It's also the lair of a dragon named "Perfect").  Looks like the Lonely Mountain is a volcano, and off to west by northwest of the volcano is a Hill Titan shrine. 

While the map-makers have given us a more exact 16x16 grid, our embark license only covers a maximum of 5x5. So the question remains: Where on this map should we send our first wagon of dwarves?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:51:27 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: The luckiest tourist EVER (4 spots still open for the 1-on-1 community game)
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2013, 05:34:14 am »

What biomes are present?
Tree and shrub density?
Sand or clay present?
I'm personally voting for having the volcano in one corner of the embark.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2013, 07:04:00 am »

What biomes are present?
Tree and shrub density?
Sand or clay present?
I'm personally voting for having the volcano in one corner of the embark.
After Volcanic musical chairs, I'm iffy on the volcano/aquifer thing...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2013, 07:04:43 am »

Alright, my dwarf wants a copper pick, 5 plump helmet spawn, 5 plump helmets, one piece of wood, and the following skills: prayer 5, mining 1, growing 1, masonry 1, carpentry 1, metal smithing 1. If he has any points left over, a pair of non-grazing breeding animals wouldn't go amiss either.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:32 am »

I say go for the volcano, makes smelting a lot easier.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:39 am »

Alright, my dwarf wants a copper pick, 5 plump helmet spawn, 5 plump helmets, one piece of wood, and the following skills: prayer 5, mining 1, growing 1, masonry 1, carpentry 1, metal smithing 1. If he has any points left over, a pair of non-grazing breeding animals wouldn't go amiss either.
Wat, prayer? Is that even a skill?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22