Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33202 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Officially adopting those names for the weapons. +1, Rolepgeek.

I have no particular limits, but I reserve the right to creatively interpret and/or veto things.

The Scout Suit is very light, even including the Flight Pack. It's the kind of thing anyone could carry on their own and have 50+ lbs of carry space. It can easily be restored to quality with a Disposable Kit, or a "I take a few hours over the night to fix the damage."

As a note, Armor is not one of the things you can prefab with an Assembler Pack; you need a dedicated Inventory Station to get it produced.]

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Ammo by all means but the damage armour at least should go, it's more useful as RAW and we need to lighten the weight a bit unless two of you are going to drag it.
I'd rather not. At the moment we can still carry it . Also, conservation of mass.

Sergeant - Robert. Quartermaster.

We might want to head back into the ship; Maybe we can find maps or something. Might be nice to know where we landed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:07:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

[What do each of the skills do? And what weapons can we put on a character sheet?]

[EDIT: Also, do perks respect the skill caps? Eg, does Fast perk raise an Agi of 7 to 9 or just to 8?]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:39:32 am by Gamerlord »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

[
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:04:27 am by Gamerlord »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[I'll be thinking of the RAW total for the suit, but I am going to say that it won't be recycled unless there is a majority approval for it.  Just a few notes, though:

a) The labor to RAW ratio is very bad. It takes a lot of effort to make armor, and the RAW you get out of it does not in any way reflect that.

b) You cannot make new armor or packs; the only way to replace it is to trade RAW at invo stations to purchase new ones.

c) You may want the parts, specifically the DNI node, shield nodes, etc. Some things are RAW-intensive to make and it's much better to have a spare than waste a lot of RAW to make a few parts that might not even work in the first place.

d) DNI interface replacement is a complex process requiring a period of "retuning" a neural signature. While the individual nodes are easy to remove and replace into a new armor, it is far superior to tune an existing one than spend the time to replace it. Easy =/= quick.

e) File this under "not the truth, but a lie you can understand" : DNI nodes and armor can "gain experience."

If the weapon is listed, you can have it. Aside from Juggernaut weapons on any other armor except Titan armor, which you cannot have at the beginning; it's a very specific system.

Quick skill breakdown:

Computers - Hacking. Computer use. Programming. There's some use for this with armor.
Repair - Fixing broken shit.
Maintain - Keep shit from breaking. Obvious uses are guns, packs, and armor.
Research - Useful for alien systems, weaknesses, seeing if food is edible, etc.
Modify - Making shit do things it wasn't intended for.
Medical - Fixing broken people.
Standard Weapon - Use of standard weapons, as listed. There's others unlisted.
Energy Weapon - As above, but energy weapons.
Heavy Weapon - As above, but heavy weapons.
Exotic Weapon - As above, but any and all non-Human weapons. Yes, this DOES include the Kai weapons you'll be looting. Hopefully.
Offensive Psi - The use of a psiamp to cause harm.
Defensive Psi - The use of a psiamp to prevent harm.
Utility Psi - The use of a psiamp to do anything else. This does include healing, boosting stats, potential commanding of Kai under very special circumstances with high enough stats, etc.

The caps are hard limits for human bodies. Armor surpasses and over-rides non-armor stats. Yes, there will be times when you will find it better to be in light armor or even unarmored.

I will character review later. Bedtime for the moderator.]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:58:17 am by Ross Vernal »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

[What about attributes? What do they do?]

[EDIT: Why is the sniper rifle listed as an energy weapon? Is there a standard weapon equivalent?]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:03:08 am by Gamerlord »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Okay, last post for real, I need sleep.

Pretty much exactly what you think they do. To add on to the previous post, Agile folks get the most benefit from Light Armor. If you're fast before armor, and put Armor on, it REALLY helps. Conversely, weak people get the most from Heavy Armor, because your individual strength means nothing when you have a suit that lifts tons with ease.

STR - Strength. Melee damage. Unequipped invo space.
END - Health. Environmental resistance.
AGI - Speed. Less weapon kickback.
PER - How well you see and aim. Insight, too.
CYB - Cyber affinity. Ease with computers, mechanics, etc. More computers, though.
PSI - Psionic potential. Helps defend against Kai psychic attack, too.

It's a laser rifle. It's accurate as hell.

Yeah, modify the Carbine.]

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wiping the blood of another unforunate soul from his helmet, Mr. Miller saw it fitting to reply to his newfound superior – in rank, that is. He also gave him a small rundown of his inventory, before he went towards the meetup-point.

"Medical Officer? Richard Miller, at your service – by wich I might add that you really should not want any of it. Qualifications would obviously be to fix you up and, provided you do not care for the whole of my medi-academical background."
He had long since found out that most marines do not care for the later matter, even prefering the bliss of ignorance at being treated by rather unsuited people. If pressed so, he would gladly issue a long and specific reply, but the chances of it happening are presumed to be very slim, mostly in the area of wishful thinking. Wich he did, if you need to know.

"My supplies would be the Mending-gun (Repair Gun of the Suit), the Orbital Stitcher Set (Baysantro-Brand Medikit, for safe use even in low-gravity situations), some Numb-me-not's (Slang for the military-version of Painkillers – You are suspected to fight on half a tablet of them. Just letting you know beforehand, you still might feel "a twitch") and assorted Stim's." He would be tempted to add "You do not mind blood on your stimpacks, do you?", but thought better of it. And maybe of cleaning them up a bit instead.

Should the Captain be pressing for more equipment – wich might be presumed from the military point of view – the Doctor would surely elevate the further inquiry.

"What.. weapons? Oh. Oh, right. Eeh.. lets see. What were those called again? Let me get back at you."

If he comes upon some obvious supplies while walking towards the others, he will take them. Else he will – after remembering to shut of the com – vent some words that would better be left unsaid on this medium. Not really soothing anything but his anger, but good enough.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

[I can name the rest of them... :p ]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Punitive Mars Expedition (Not yet open.)
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2013, 11:54:39 am »

[A few notes on weapons real quick, more to come later.

Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher (GA-36/Verones M12) - 30 rounds, 725 RPM. / 6 grenades (Grenade is secondary function.)
HC Carbine - 30 rounds, 600 RPM. No secondary fire.
Submachine Gun - 50 rounds, 900 RPM. Secondary "Magazine Discharge" function is 2000 RPM, or "50 bullets in slightly under 2 seconds."
Chaingun - 60 rounds, 800 RPM. No secondary fire.

Hand Cannon - 6 rounds, low rate of fire. No secondary fire.
Semiauto Handgun - 15 rounds, low rate of fire. Secondary fire is three-shot burst.

Rocket Shotgun - 40 20-rocket blasts.
Quad RPG - 80 4-RPG shots.
Quad Autocannons - 500 rounds.
Lock on Missiles - 40 2-missile shots. ]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:57:46 am by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice so my cannon is good for a while, need ammo for the rest of my weapons now. I'm guessing it begins fully loaded?
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Yes, all weapons start fully loaded, and with one backup clip ready to autoload.

Past that, you need to carry more or fabricate more.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I've got 6 reloads for the auto cannon and one for the rest then, gonna need to find or fabricate some for the other guns, what do I use for fabricatimg? Just raw or do I need special parts?
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Yeah, chip in RAW into an ammo maker for the most efficient way. An Assembler can do the trick, but it's more expensive.

Obviously, your ammo costs the most, being big and explode-y.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much RAW for each of my 4 ammos?
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38