Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33224 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Oh wait, you're going for the waitlist. Didn't read their stuff either. Don't know if they put up stuff.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[A few quick notes on armor:

Armor looks heavy and cumbersome, but in fact it is extremely collapsible when not being worn and weighs far less than it appears to. Light armors can be carried in a duffel bag or small suitcase. Medium armors can only be carried in a duffel, and is somewhat awkward to maneuver easily. Heavy armor is definitely too heavy to be carried by one person without assistance. A person simply steps into Light or Medium armor and it seals up around her. Heavy armor is usually donned one piece at a time after decollapsing it, as though it were normal garb.

Below your armor, everyone is wearing a bodysuit, which serves several purposes. It protects the wearer from chafing. It contains a recycling system that collects body fluids and other secretions, detoxifies them and uses the collected water to rehydrate (It's not 100% efficient, but you're not going to be losing much water on a daily basis, even in a scorching desert). Leftover waste material is shunted to a discharge port in the armor, to be ejected at the warrior's discretion. Finally, the bodysuit assists in establishing the neural interface with the armor, by providing an enhanced conductive medium via the wearer's own salt-laden perspiration. It's pressure-sealed, provides some manner of insulation, and is just thick enough to provide some amount of cushion from external forces. In other words, during the Martian day-cycle, you can walk around outside of a suit and survive. Night-cycle, you should definitely armor up.]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Why don't the both of you shut up. Either of you have actual military experience, or is this your first combat mission? I've been in the field 17 goddamn years, and I'm still alive, so listen up. Gather all the material you can, rendezvous at the hatch. We can decide whether or not to leave this burning hunk of junk after we know that we have some chance of surviving."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Alexis]: You apply 20x magnification and scan the skies. Nothing yet, but your feeling of unease is growing. You set a mini-HUD for extended range and then return to normal vision, looking around for ammo and not-quite-dead folks to extend mercy to. One such person gives you a weak smile, and jerks his head in the general direction of a few boxes until you look, then closes his eyes and awaits the quick fate. CRUNCH! Upon investigation, you find an intact Crate of Autocannon Ammo.

[Richard]: You locate an additional Medikit and salvage 8 Health Hypos and 2 Stim Hypos from the bodies. A few Marines request aid, but upon investigation, you find the wounds are too severe to repair, or that there is no way of getting them out. Reluctant mercy is applied, and you note to file a request for a redesign of cryopods to survive anything short of total disintegration. Well, if you survive this deployment, anyway. There's far too much death that occurred here. Profit be damned, we're talking about human life!

[Robert]: You find the cockpit and activate the emergency transmitter in the hopes that someone will come. You additionally key in the armortags of yourself and your fellow survivors before examining the wreckage further. There's not all that much left to find, but you do find a Damaged Scout Armor with a functional Flight Pack, and a handful of Disposable Repair Kits in the pods closest to the cockpit. The black box is missing, which you take as a bad omen.

[Kyle]: You search for additional gear that can be salvaged. Unfortunately, the general area in which you find yourself located is devoid of working supplies, having taken the brunt of the laser attack that downed the ship. You mentally thank your suit for the filters, not particularly in the mood for smelling burned human and electrics. As you are about to leave, you notice that buried beneath a pod is some sort of kit, and dig it out. Much to your relief, you see it is a slightly dented Survival Kit, with 11 Miniature Emergency Transponders attached to the top. One of the dozen strapped to the top is crushed, but the remainder appear to be intact.

[Mark]: You key into the Command system and issue orders requesting people to sound in. After a few moments, the ID tags of friendlies pop up on your map, showing that, aside from yourself, there are four other survivors. One seems to be having a comms malfunction and some manner of difficulty getting out of his pod, which is up at an awkward angle several meters above the ground.

[OOC note: That is referring to the sixth member. They'll get free when a profile is uploaded and approved, so there's nothing you can do to help at the moment.]

[Squad]: Squabbles aside, the cart is loaded up near the hatch. Kyle points out that his tech can extend a jamming bubble around the squad as a whole, but that visual detection is still going to be an issue. Robert indicates that the emergency locator is active and keyed in with armor tags. Alexis, still scanning the area, points out that the flashes of light are diminishing, and that there are steadily fewer and fewer friendly ships in the sky, with the strange Xenoships remaining. Evidently, the Punitive fleet was outgunned. There's no help coming anytime soon. Mark does a quick check of the squad, points out a sixth member who should probably be waited for, and then suggests/orders moving the hell out on the double.

You all feel a sense of something bad incoming, but there's still nothing in the sky. Yet.

[Note: Emergency Transponders are passive devices that, when targeted with the proper signal, indicate programmed-in data such as squad size, time of burial, planned directions, messages, etc. They are extremely hard to detect. Survival Kits include food, water, a tent that works on a similar basis to the skinsuits, emergency blankets, a small stealth field, and various other useful items for a stranded squad. It's currently tightly sealed so as to prevent enviro damage; taking inventory will have to wait.]

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((I might not have wanted to activate that thing. Maybe I'd have rather shot it. Unless the Emergency transmitter is one of these Emergency transponder thingies.))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Pretty similar, yes. It won't be detected. It locates the nearest Human ship, fires one ultratight beam with the info, and then enters the passive mode, looking like any other bit of non-working debris. Otherwise, it'd be a "FREE LUNCH" beacon for the Xenos, and they obviously didn't want that function to be coded in.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

[Ah, just put me on the waitlist. I got too much on my plate to play this right now.]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Okay.

Maxinum McDreich, you're on the clock starting 12:25 PM, PST. 24 hours, and then you're bumped back to the waitlist as opposed to the Pending list. A PM was sent as well.]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
First Name: Jake
Employer: Royal Holdings
STR 4/ END 4/ AGI 6/ PER 7/ CYB 6/ PSI [i]x[/i]+7
HP: 72
PSI: 120
RAW: 200
Skills (max of 6 for each):
Computers 1
Repair 0
Maintain 0
Research 0
Modify 1
Medical 0
Standard Weapon 1
Energy Weapon 0
Heavy Weapon 0
Exotic Weapon 0
Offensive Psi 0
Defensive Psi 1
Utility Psi 2

Weapon 1: Psi-Amp
Weapon 2: HC Carbine
Weapon 3: Repair Gun
Sidearm: Semiauto Handgun
Armor: Engineer
Pack: -
Grenade: Flashbang
Inventory 1: Health Hypo
Inventory 2: Medikit
Inventory 3: Painkillers
Inventory 4: Rope
Perks: Gifted, Psi Training, Systems Analyst, Talent

[Approved and waitlisted, with numbers corrected. I am pretty sure you don't want a Repair Pack when you already have a Repair Gun that serves the same purpose, so I left it blank for you to change as desired. Or not desired.]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Okay.

Maxinum McDreich, you're on the clock starting 12:25 PM, PST. 24 hours, and then you're bumped back to the waitlist as opposed to the Pending list. A PM was sent as well.]

[Max has chosen to remain on the Waitlist.

kahn1234, you're on the clock starting 12:25 PM, PST. 24 hours, and then you're bumped back to the waitlist as opposed to the Pending list. A PM was sent as well.

Next up: GreatWyrmGold with his PSI-Agent.]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((I edited in painkillers and rope 21 minutes and 17 seconds after posting, and over two hours ago.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Uh...
Code: [Select]
Armor: Engineer
Pack: -
Grenade: Flashbang
Inventory 1: Health Hypo
Inventory 2: Medikit
Inventory 3: Painkillers
Inventory 4: Rope
Perks: Gifted, Psi Training, Systems Analyst, Talent

Am I missing something? I quoted your post right before posting...]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

[Approved and waitlisted, with numbers corrected. I am pretty sure you don't want a Repair Pack when you already have a Repair Gun that serves the same purpose, so I left it blank for you to change as desired. Or not desired.]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria staggered out of her damaged pod. What the hell is.....oh shit. Seeing the bodies plastering the floor, walls and...yes, yes that's a bit of someone on the ceiling stopped Aria in her tracks. Wasting no time, Aria, the ever vigilant girl that she was, raced to her locker and grabbed all her equipment. Once suit-ably geared Aria slowly stalked around the pods, looking for friendlies and enemies alike. She also listened in on comms to see if there was anything important happening aside from humanity getting whooped -  again -  by the aliens above her head.

What have you gotten yourself in to, girl She thought to herself. When i signed up for this, i thought i was gonna be spending the majority of my service in the engineering bays and repair shops, not fighting for my life on some shithole of a planet....

HELLO!? ANYBODY AROUND?!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:40:34 pm by kahn1234 »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[I'm not sure about your numbers there.

General Mechanics
+1 to Maintain/Repair/Modify, +1 STR
- Combat Engineer (Start with Heavy Combat Suit, +1 to Standard Weapons)
- Tinker (+1 Modify, price of mods is cheaper)

It looks like it should be:

Repair 1
Maintain 1
Modify 2
Standard Weapon 2

Aside from that, approved. I'm going to give all the other profiles a once-over just to be sure the numbers are right.

Bonus note: Your Commlink is currently broken.]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38