Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33218 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((Another engineer, sigh...))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[All numbers are fixed.

Updates for today for me are done, I have to get a lot of work done very quickly. Sorry! Update tomorrow after work!]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I misunderstood which repair thing you were referring to.

Anyways. I suppose I'll take an Assembler pack. Good to have in each group and/or to have a backup.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[I'm not sure about your numbers there.

General Mechanics
+1 to Maintain/Repair/Modify, +1 STR
- Combat Engineer (Start with Heavy Combat Suit, +1 to Standard Weapons)
- Tinker (+1 Modify, price of mods is cheaper)

It looks like it should be:

Repair 1
Maintain 1
Modify 2
Standard Weapon 2

Aside from that, approved. I'm going to give all the other profiles a once-over just to be sure the numbers are right.

Bonus note: Your Commlink is currently broken.]

Oops. Sorry.

((Another engineer, sigh...))

As i said previously, i didn't just want to be a grunt (boring to play) and i am a hopeless medic/tech guy/sniper, there wasn't much choice choosing United Governance, Integrated Samsoft or Baystrasanto Healthcare. Also got complicated as nothing in Royal Holdings and Tianalbion Hydrocarbons appealed to me. Plus, the character i want to to put in was originally a drug-addicted tinker-engineer.

You do not know how close i was to calling myself Georgina House and putting painkillers in my inventory.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:50:34 pm by kahn1234 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around outside for any signs of civilisation, or any useful debris that fell outside of the ship. Scan for any other troop ships in the area and collect any more ammo I find or anything I can use to make ammo.

(( Will we come across NPC survivors or is it just the 6 of us? ))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:28:27 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Assist someone.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[Just the six of you for now.

There are other ships and other survivors, as well as Administration soldiers undercover. Other than that, you are on your own as far as you know. There are several rendezvous points, but only the Captain has access to those points at the moment. They're a good distance away, as in "weeks away." ]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Hmm ok, who is the captain btw? One of us or did he run off and abandon us to die?))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[That would be Mark.

I didn't go through ranks quite yet because I figured you guys would pick it out. If you want me to assign them, I will, but there's no "You have to obey orders" requirement. It's suggested for good RP'ing but not a THREAD LAW or whatever.

Projected (hypothetical) ranks, not that you need them:

Captain - Mark
Lieutenant - Richard
Sergeant - Robert
Corporal - Alexis
PFC - Kyle, Aria]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:35:34 pm by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Oh, well since I'm a walking tank I elect to declare myself under my own command. I would make a horrible captain however so that won't be me.))
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

[[Items in the cart:

7 Assault Rifles/Grenade Launchers, Fully Loaded
17 30-Round Ammo Clips
1 Energy Pack
9 Rations
1 Toolkit
1 Crate of Autocannon Ammo (2500 Autocannon Rounds)
1 Medikit
8 Health Hypos
2 Stim Hypos
4 Disposable Repair Kits
1 Damaged Scout Armor
1 Scout Armor
1 Flight Pack
1 Survival Kit w/11 Transponders

Right now, it takes a Medium armor to bring it along. If much more is added, it'll need two Armors or the Jugg suit to bring it. ]]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Well we could recycle a lot of it, we don't need all those rifles and we don't need those armours either so that would lighten the load a bit and make room for other things, the crate of ammo is worth keeping, when this comes to a fight I'm going to want the extra ammo. ))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:33:43 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say keep the rifles and ammo. Spare parts, just in case.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A couple maybe but carrying around 7 spare rifles seems a little pointless for 5 people, I can't use them at all so we could scrap 2 and still keep a spare for each of you.
Ammo by all means but the damage armour at least should go, it's more useful as RAW and we need to lighten the weight a bit unless two of you are going to drag it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:17:55 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Alright then, names and qualif-gaah!" Mark tore the comm piece out of his ear and rubbed said organ. Putting it back on after a moment, he shook his head. "Dammnit, man, your Comm's on. Don't yell like that. Shit. Get whatever you can find and head for the hatch." He turned back to the rest, and finished his sentence, finally. "I need names and qualifications. I need to know who I'm dealing with here." After he was presumably answered, he sucked his teeth for a second, then started going through the cart. "Gear check, what we got? I've got a GA36, Verones M12, a P.I.P.E., some Con-Shins, a GPB Walloper, some Mussel Stims, a Hand-Held Hooker, and some ammo."

[Translation: GA36; General Arms 36 aka the Assault Rifle. Verones M12; Verones Mark 12 aka the Grenade Launcher. P.I.P.E.; Phased Intermittent Pulse Emitter aka the Phased Pulser. Con-Shin; Explo-mite Brand Handheld Con-Shin Shockwave Explosives aka the Concussion Grenades. GRV Walloper; Gateman's Physics Benders' Walloper aka the Gravitic Hammer; Mussel Stims aka Strength Hypnos, Hand-Held Hooker aka Grappling Pistol.]

[Also, How much leeway do we get when describing actions?]

[On the matter of recycling, we should recycles 3 Assault Rifles after unloading them, since 2 out of the four of us already have an assault rifle. I think we should take everything with us for the moment, as we need to move soon anyway.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38