Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33215 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank
« Reply #510 on: October 07, 2013, 12:53:36 pm »

They'll turn you over to get more favor with the Kai, of course.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »

[Enemy armor? They'd be designated as MKAI if anything. There's differences aside from "quad chainguns replaced with dual auto-railguns". Like... shapes are different, they have a different sensor package, new power source, etc. Take one as intact as you can and study it!

Titan? Well, Juggs and Dreads are Heavy. Titan is Ultraheavy. It's less a "suit of armor" than a "massive tank." Slower than a snail in molasses, HEAVY!, hideously strong, armor comparable to the average space destroyer, and capable of carrying the heaviest of weapons. This is a walking WMD. Kai additions are probably "Better armor" and "improved weaponry", as well as whatever else they did to the MKAI suits. The good news is that they're not equipped with Baby Nukes, as evidenced by the fact that you're still alive. The bad news is that they obviously have some sort of unknown line-of-sight death cannon or means of taking you prisoner.

Pro tip: go for the headshots. The armor is obviously stronger there, but the difference is that once you start actually doing something to the armor, whatever eventually gets through is obviously and instantly fatal.

Jugs have railguns instead of chainguns, and some sort of rocket pack on their back instead of the lock missiles. That's as far as you can tell, although the arms have more freedom of motion.

It'd certainly help. Let's say ten-fifteen seconds of charge normally, an energy would probably cut that time in half. Might want to limit it to one pack per armor or else you're risking overload. Shield-wise, you'd want to distribute to you, Al, and Jon to the front with those energy packs. Just take it off, do a quick bit of field modification, and attach; you've seen FD enough to figure out how he rigs up two packs to his armor.

You can't fire the Rocket Shotgun and Quad Chaingun at the same time; the same applies to Lock-On and the Quad RPG. In general, unless you're willing to sacrifice accuracy for volume, it's one weapon at a time. For some weapons, it doesn't matter; you just point a Fluxgun in the general direction you want to electrocute, for example. Repair gun works as long as you're close enough and pointed at the target.

In the specific case, no. Turbolaser is energy-intensive and drains most of the power. You can operate two energy weapons at a time, but you'll go through power like a kid goes through Halloween candy.

You have no idea what happens and no desire to find out. You probably knew someone who roasted ants under a magnifying glass or picked wings off flies; you don't want to consider what the bugs would do to us given the chance. And even if you're not handed over to the Kai as trophies, you've studied enough history to understand that prisoners of war aren't exactly checked into the honeymoon suite by their captors.]

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:59 pm »

Ouch that means they have 4 sets of those railguns.... sorry RP but I'm with ALex, crush those things hard.

Hmmm ok with 2 repair packs plus Kahn working on repairing heavies up no need to boost them so if one of the PC guys with 3 modify pulls the 2 packs from the rover he can use those packs to enhance the shields on 2 of the 3 of them and the heavy with a pack can do the 3rd one of them.
3 enhanced shields would be a godsend right now if you lot don't wanna get mulched by massed railguns.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:26:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »

Hey Ebbor can you pull the 2 energy packs from the Rover and bolt them onto my 2 heavies with shields please? We need them shields back online and you and Kahn have the best modify skill but he's got a heavy weapon where yours are fairly light.

Ross are our shields damaged or just drained?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:29:39 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 07, 2013, 02:32:17 pm »

[Your shield nodes are all intact. Worn, but functional, once you charge back up.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »

Hmmm ok.

If I give this order is it ok?

Jugs cycle through weapons aiming for enemy jugs heads starting with heaviest weapon and working down to auto cannon, FD use turbolaser then stinger and remaining dreads use vulcans. Vulcans target the damaged Jug, FD targets one, I target one, 2 jugs target one together.

(( Basically the jugs use weapons in this order. Lock ons, Quad RPG, Shotgun, Quad auto. They do them one after another to avoid the ammo penalty and still use that massive firepower to pump out as many attacks as possible and give the best possible chance of disabling all 4 jugs. So the 2 vulcans finish up the wounded one, FD with that turbo and the highest skill takes one alone. I take one alone and the 2 jugs tag team 1. ))

Btw how much power can the shields handle? Could it handle having an energy pack devoted to it full time even if it's already fully charged to bolster it? Or would I need to modify the shield to make it stronger first so it can handle the charge?

Are you doing a map btw? I know a couple are waiting for it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:01:33 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 07, 2013, 03:20:43 pm »

[A lot, but this is hypothetical since you're probably going to take more fire and not even hit a full charge. That, and energy packs aren't really designed to be rigged to another pack directly. Try off-battle for that.

On the field, you can shift some of the frequencies to deal more with kinetic energy as opposed to thermal. +1/-1 sort of thing.

I'll get to it soon.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 07, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »

Railgun is kinetic right?
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 07, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »

Yes. You're trading weakness to Vulcans in exchange for protection against rails.

Both can kill you quickly, but the maxdmg value for the rails is almost guaranteed instant kill.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 07, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »

Yeah where as the vulcan you have a fair chance of surviving it to repair the armor again next turn.
I'm so glad I'm on the waitlist and not in this fight.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 07, 2013, 06:15:10 pm »

Holdfast.

I can't write with a mouse. Map coming soonish. 314 meters from bottom to top, 325 from left to right. Roughly.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:19:18 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 07, 2013, 06:52:38 pm »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2013, 07:38:34 am »

Darn it Ebbor is to far away.
Kahn gonna need you to bolt those energy packs onto my and the 2 allied jugs to charge our shields.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:41:00 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2013, 10:20:04 am »

To be clear, Mark and Robert are closer than the map indicates. Mark's spot is the rifle. I just wanted names readable.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2013, 10:26:04 am »

That would put them two about the same distance as the force coming from the hold but Kai are faster on foot if I remember correctly but those 2 didn't get out of the buggy did they?

Would put those 2 out of range to help if they did unless the Kai stop otherwise they probably could arrive first, Kyle is in trouble though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:32:42 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38