Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33213 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank
« Reply #495 on: October 06, 2013, 03:45:54 pm »

((Don't worry, I can take care of those heavies. Some, at any rate; Phased Pulser is designed with heavy armor in mind, and a flying jet-pack boosted Grav Hammer to the face and/or lower back ought to kill most things. Worried about the Drones, since half the point of this kind of Hammer and Anvil is that they can switch positions; those Drones won't be too easy to destroy with those numbers, and the commander is very dangerous. The Rocket Shotgun should help take care of them, but I will be giving out orders to everyone once I have all the info I need, partially because I have different target priorities than you; when faced with a boss and it's minions you don't focus on the boss first unless he can just keep spawning minions. You kill the minions first to stop their harassment and damage output since you can do so faster. Then you kill the boss once his support is gone. Same with heavies; kill the engineers, snipers, and smaller, fast-'tracking' anti infantry weapons, and you can run circles around them, killing at your leisure. Mutual support, combined arms. It's how it works.))

((That said, my kit without an Assault Rifle is better suited to killing single, heavy targets, as is Fuckin'Dreadnaught's and Kyle's. The Juggernaught weapons and Aria's Chaingun are far better suited to killing groups, vehicles or otherwise.))

((Would it be feasible/possible for us to pick up Kyle/him to get to us on the buggy? I'd like to use his plastique grenades, or at least get him into a better vantage point than being pinned down.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 06, 2013, 03:52:45 pm »

(( Problem is with less then half the heavies involved my force took 30 damage from them alone and only 19 from the smaller.

Those heavies are by far the highest damage enemy here so I'm focussing everything on them. The smaller forces are more annoying but less dangerous in all so I'm aiming for the heavies first then the rest. Can't give them a chance for a second shot in higher numbers, so I'm going all out overkill on them.

4 assault combined only did 19 damage while just 2 jugs did 30. Pretty clear which is the larger danger even with reinforcing our shields it ain't gonna do much good if they get a massed volley off with those heavies. ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:59:23 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 06, 2013, 04:10:29 pm »

((No, let's look at the math. The important thing is not keeping the NPCs alive. The important thing is keeping the PCs alive; the second most important thing is keeping the NPCs alive. But besides that, let's look at damage output overall. If me and Robert were counted in the "Everyone" taking 19 damage, that's 209 damage the Assaults did, or 171 if we weren't. That's about 52 damage from each of the four Assault suits that tried to hurt us, or about 43 each if they didn't hurt me and Robert. There are currently nine of them, or a total damage potentional ranging from 387 to 468 damage. The two Juggernaughts did 210+whatever extra Dread Civilian took. That's 105+ a bit each, and they were only able to because you were suppressed by the Assaults. Titans...fuck if I know. A lot, probably. But they're also balls-out tough, and so are the Juggernaughts; you were barely able to hurt them the first time around, and most of that was repaired. On the other hand, you'll basically slaughter the Assault troops like so much wheat before the scythe. And then we have to worry about the drones. I can take care of the Titans, I hope, or at least one pair of Juggernaughts(I have to assume they're in pairs from the way it was all worded)))

((So it's a matter of how much enemy damage potential we can destroy, and how much support we can prevent and how much chaos we can cause for them, while avoiding as much damage as possible ourselves and keeping calm and orderly.))

((Is Dread Civilian able to heal/repair himself right now? Is PsiJuggernaught able to use his powers around those Drones/Commander?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 06, 2013, 04:15:12 pm »

(( I'm not in the game yet but that means the 4 jugs alone total at 420 before the titans, meaning the heavies will come in above the assault troopers in total. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 06, 2013, 04:18:44 pm »

(( Should be able to heal himself but I've got the 2 with repair packs focusing on repairing the whole group, even if he is I need his guns at the moment, the loss of 4 heavy weapons for his psi powers is not an effective trade in this situation. We need those guns and most importantly. We need to remove those enemy heavy weapons before they can focus them.

We already agreed you'd let me do it my way for now dude. ))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 06, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »

((Oh, I know. But it's a matter of target priority and what weapons are suited for. Killing five or six assaults and a Juggernaught is better than killing three Juggernaughts. I doubt we'd be able to kill a Titan unless it took up the whole turn, at least with conventional weapons(no, Grav-hammers aren't conventional), and then there's the drones to worry about. Simple to take care of for now, but if they get close....))

((>.> don't give me that. You can take care of the assaults however you please(though I agree bout the psi, in all honesty, unless you're attacking a heavy with it). I give general orders. Just not so general as 'kill something over there'. I want the heavies dead. I want the Assaults at the very least suppressed, more. By the way, suppression is considered to be taking 20-30% casualties in a short time, if I remember correctly. Probably not that low in this game, though. But anyway, we have other people who can kill heavies. Do it your way, yes, but I'm gonna need those assaults taken care of, not least of why is that once I start beating my way through their heavies, those assault troops are going to be my biggest threat; I'm only in Standard armor, which should let me be mobile enough to duck under and generally avoid getting hit by the Heavies, but not by the Assaults.))

((Let me put it this way. I want you to kill the Heavies. I want you to make it possible for other people to kill the heavies more. My orders will probably be something along the lines of 'Take care of those fucking Assaults and do something about those Drones.' We agreed to do it your way. We also agreed that you'd follow basic orders, at least. I'm not worried about you commanding them right now, I'm worried about who you're going to target(or more properly, who you won't), but really, I don't have all the information I'd like to have. You could split your fire, since Lock-On Missiles aren't going to be all that effective against Assault suits, but Autocannons won't really hurt Titans, I think. I dunno about Titans really.))

((Alright, at this point I think I'm beginning to loop and/or spiral. Ross, could you give me a rundown on what my char would know about Titan suits? Also, Alexis, do you know whether the suits can target each weapon at a different target, and whether or not they can fire all weapons simultaneously?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 06, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »

Nope, one target at a time as far as I know, maybe 2 including lock ons if they can lock on by computer without my input. But some guns can not be fired together like the shotgun and quad rpg. Which is why I picked target heavies first then lighter troops but I'll edit slightly to lock ons, quad rpg, vulcans and turbolaser + stinger on heavies along with vulcans just for the added bonus. Then once the heavier weapons have fired Auto cannons and rocket shotguns fire on the assault while vulcans target the drones ok?

I still get my massed fire on the heavies and after that massed volley you get your suppressing fire and some fire on drones until next turn when I can fire my next massed volley.
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »

((Mmmm...alright. Just make sure you suppress them, and focus on one group of heavies at a time, and most of all, don't hit me while I'm hitting them. Although I'd prefer rocket shotgun on the drones and vulcans on the assault, but we have no real idea which would be more effective. They should be able to lock on with the firing solutions I'll give them from the Sensor Pack. Probably save the stinger for air targets, mortar would be dumb right now, and vulcans are only on the Dreads, I think, which are repairing. I just need answers to my questions of Ross and I can give IC stuff.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 06, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »

(( Repairs will only take 2-3 seconds if Richard and Aria both use repair guns on the heavies and the mortar is probably more effective for the assault then the flux gun would be so it's the only option.

If that works thats fine it'll help with my massed volley but I focussed jugs, at the very least it should finish off the damaged one and do some nasty harm to the other 3, maybe enough to put them down for a turn. If we get lucky I'll manage to knock out the engi as well while the other 2 jugs suppress the assault.

The drones are high speed so rockets have limited use given how well they can evade, vulcans are massive rate of fire weapons so more effective on a high speed enemy then rockets would be while rockets are more effective on a slower enemy like assault and more likely to penetrate the armor. ))
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 06, 2013, 05:20:45 pm »

((>.> They're in a swarm/horde. They won't be evading. Rocket shotgun fires enough they wouldn't be able to anyway, and the blast and shrapnel will be pretty important. Vulcan fires enough rounds that it can overwhelm the shields on the Assaults quickly and they're big enough that it should be able to break the armor apart fast too. But this is mostly fine details anyway.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 07, 2013, 12:10:52 am »

((A more detailed answer is coming, but the short is "Heavies are out of shield and low on energy. The railgun spray wasn't very accurate and shields helped deflect/cushion, but everyone got hit at least once."

Edit: I think (as in, on Kindle and don't have DM notes) Kai Heavy Railgun is 20-120 per rail, while Vulcan is 2-5 per flechette/det.

Also, Vulcans are incendiary/explosive. They're designed to chew through armor. A tag team between a Fluxgun and a Vulcan means either everyone dies when the heavy drops all their grenades and ammo, or a slow-reflexes Heavy dies quickly. Or Vulcan/Shotgun.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:19:25 am by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 07, 2013, 02:39:34 am »

(( Hey sorry I'm asking so many question.

Which enemies are carrying though railguns? I'm guessing it'd be the titans right? Or maybe it's a jug variant?

How high a strength would 1 energy packs bring mine and the other 2 units shield back up to and would it be more effective for the group to just pump it all into me since our 3 shields seemed to protect the full heavy group, so would just my shield still cover all 6 of us? Would it make a bigger difference having just mine at as higher strength or 3 lower strength?

Also what weapons can't be fired at once other then the Quad RPG and the Rocket shotgun? I need to assign firing volleys to shatter the enemy heavies so I need to know what can and can't be fired together.

Can the flux gun be fired along with the stinger and and turbolaser?

Also at least one buggy is with my group, how long would it take to redirect the 2 power packs on it into my teams shields? It should be just a matter of changing it's target which given the packs adaptability I'm hoping will only take a few seconds or can be done remotely, I'm guessing it'd be a modify roll? ))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:00:01 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2013, 02:46:09 am »

((...Should Ross make an OOC thread? I think he should.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:03 am »

(( We do have one, somewhere far far away. ))
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 07, 2013, 12:02:02 pm »

((...Should Ross make an OOC thread? I think he should.))

((No, OOC threads are annoying and cumbersome. They also, as far as i can see, signal the death knell of games. Games should stay far far away from OOC threads.))

((Modifications to my characters actions:))

First priority will be to use my repair gun on all nearby damaged friendlies

Next, if Aria is closer to the weaker, more numerous enemies, Aria will pull out her chaingun and start chewing them up with rapid, high calibre fire.

If Aria is closer to the heavy enemies, take cover and take aimed shots at weakpoints in their armour. As a combat engineer, Aria should know where the weakspots in the old, outdated armour of our enemies are located.

((Just as a small enquirey, what happens if someone gets captured alive by the traitors? I know the Kai will most likely torture and kill you if you arent a powerful psychic, but what about the traitors?))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:22:52 pm by kahn1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38