Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33236 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile Hospitality [WL:5/6]
« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2013, 12:56:27 pm »

First of all, I am the most qualified here to mod things ((OOC: Just noticed, the stat and skill upgrades we got after staying at the friendly base haven't been put on the character sheets in the first post)) so if anyone needs anything modding, constructing or if they ahve any other engineering related tasks, I'm the one to go to.

Aria takes a breath and looks around at the group.

Second of all, will everyone STOP FUCKING BITCHING. Alexis, stop being a whiney tart and stop shouting your tits off. Captain, stop trying to be all hard-man-esque. Rank doesn't mean shit at the moment because, if you haven't noticed, we are outnumbered at least 1 million to one. If she wants to command and learn from the heavies, let her. If she fucks up and dies, it will be her fault.

Aria sighs, already too tired for this shit despite being only in her late twenties.

And dont bring up that civilian shit either Captain. I've been a soldier since i was 16, a combat engineer since i was 17. I've seen as much of this thing called war as you have. And you know as well as i do that a civilian can still fight like a demon when pushed into a corner and i'll be buggered if we aren't currently in a fucking corner.

Shaking her head, Aria walks over to the buggies and starts checking over and repairing their equipment, throwing in a basic modification here or there. Anything to take her mind off of the useless in fighting.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2013, 12:59:42 pm »

Kyle's eye starts twitching with all the yelling happening.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2013, 01:02:26 pm »

"Uhhhh.... thanks? But we kinda already finished our discussion before you lot decided to join in.
While your tinkering could you add the auto loaded we built into my armor onto the other 5? They can use the additional ammo capacity.
"

Modify all the heavy armors with my auto loaded, and add the auto loaded to all of the weapons on the jugs not just the quad auto.

With Aria's help of course.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank [WL:5/6]
« Reply #454 on: August 08, 2013, 03:22:11 pm »

[Squad]: Before you even get within shelling distance of the town, your armors light up with active sensors. It quickly becomes obvious that hostility is about to ensue, given the flashing red pulses on the HUD. A scout drone flies overhead and begins a lazy spiral around you. The FoF recognizes the machine as being similar to the one from the ship, although it bristles with a whole host of arrays and has various emitters that you presume are Kai weaponry.

Your TacMap - and visual sensors - indicate enemy light armor coming in fast.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 08, 2013, 03:35:13 pm »

Swearing loudly at the nothing in general Alexis quickly climbed off her buggy shouting orders at the other heavies.

"The 5 of you off those buggies and on me now, those things are a death trap to fight from.

Jugs on me and dreads get behind us, none of you fire until I do we need to smash that thing in the first pass before it can report our location.

Jugs don't worry about salvage just hit it with everything you've got.

Form a line on foot with the jugs out front to shield the dreads, myself and all 5 heavies will open fire with all our weapons when it comes within 20 meters or when it fires at us. Whichever comes first.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 08, 2013, 03:36:42 pm »

"Well... Shit. First priority, take That Thing down!"

Some people with less tact than the good doctor normally portrays, might say that this could actually be the first time that no-one would disagree with him. He himself is more thinking along the lines of; "No, Richard.. this is NOT happening, right? Allright, allright. Calm. Just like holding a scalpel - or well, how they showed you..."

Internal Monologue aside, Richard will try to get the sights of the Rifle on that Scout, unless a better command will be procured or issued. (Wich would warrant a new Post or Edit here. Most likely the former.)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 08, 2013, 03:37:55 pm »

- Please Ignore (Damm connection Errors) -

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:46 pm »

[To be clear, your exact location is known to the other side on their version of the TacMap, right down to what direction you're facing.

It will remain true until the long-range sensor arrays is knocked out. Jamming would help in the sense of "Your position can only be confirmed visually, but you are assumed to be in the random blank spot in the middle of the sensor map.]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2013, 03:41:41 pm »

Kyle moves off to a less noticeable position and readies his carbine.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 08, 2013, 03:42:12 pm »

(( Damn, well either way plan A remains the same. Blow it out of the sky. ))
Now it never would.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 08, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

Well, jamming should be fairly simple. Just broadcast at full power on all frequencies.

Bad thing is that whoever is doing the broadcast, is making himself a target the size of a house.

(( Damn, well either way plan A remains the same. Blow it out of the sky. ))
Might I suggest a position which is a little harder to pick off. I mean, know you're just cannon fodder for whatever High energy weapon they got up there.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 08, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »

[Alexis]:

FD: Locked on target. Other heavies, check incoming.

[Richard]: It's not too hard to keep your scope barely ahead of the vessel. Actually hitting, you think, may be a problem. Of course, given the speed of the shot, it's simply a matter of keeping the scope pointed about an inch in front of where you actually want to hit.

[Pause is engaged so as to allow others to react. FD is ignoring the "20 Meters" suggestion. He'll shoot the thing down as soon as he's sure it won't be able to out-run the Stinger. Also, assume that you can't fire the Rocket Shotgun and Quad Chaingun at the same time; the same applies to Lock-On and the Quad RPG.

Tracking the Mechanical Scout:
FD: Stinger (Target Lock)
PJ: Lock-on Missiles (Seeking Lock)
Alexis: ? / ?  (?)
Richard: Laser Rifle (Reasonably Well-Aimed)

Aimed at Incoming:
JAN: Rocket Shotgun/Quad RPG (Aimed at estimated landing points)
DC: Vulcan (Aimed in midair)
DR: Vulcan (Aimed in midair)

As far as jamming goes, I'd just like to point out that they have a massive sensory array, while you guys have a small jammer. Full power for them and full power for you are very different things.]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:05:04 pm by Ross Vernal »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2013, 04:12:46 pm »

Sadly, for signal recognition, power of the receiver doesn't matter that much. It's the relative power of the jammer to the power of whatever the jammer is hiding (Us, suits don't have a high energy signature right). Still, we're pretty much point blank, so ...

If I'm driving: evasive maneuvers. If I'm not driving, and the driver just jumped out, start driving. If I'm not driving, and the driver is still there, open suppressive fire on any enemy target that looks weak enough for me to hurt it.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2013, 04:18:12 pm »

(( Well if he fires early then we'll all just fire at the same time. As long as it dies I don't really mind how. ))
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38