Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65

Author Topic: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!  (Read 152349 times)

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Its dangerous to go alone, take Spoilers
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2015, 04:11:43 pm »

So my experience with the game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I might just leave my playing of the game at that, I experienced most of what the game has to offer.

With being said, good luck with seeing what the rest of the game has to offer! The neutral ending you mentioned is my favorite ending, but the one you haven't seen yet is pretty good as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:14:19 pm by DragonDePlatino »

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2015, 04:19:46 pm »

Unless its something like wait with the game open for an hour before the dialog option appears again, I'm not sure how to continue.

Did you kill Flowey instead of spare him? He tells you how to continue, and Sans gives you hints in the phone call.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »

Hm...had the game open while I was elsewhere, nothing when I got back...hm...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2015, 05:58:51 pm »

Played the demo of this. I've been tempted a couple times to buy it. But the combat with wandering monsters is fun two or three times and then it's just a drag. I can't really see that being super enjoyable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »

The game isn't really about the random encounters anyway. Its far more about the bosses and the plot/characters. After a while they do get kinda ehhh, but unlike other jrpg style games, random encounters are far less important unless you're trying to do a genocide run.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2015, 06:06:45 pm »

The game isn't really about the random encounters anyway. Its far more about the bosses and the plot/characters. After a while they do get kinda ehhh, but unlike other jrpg style games, random encounters are far less important unless you're trying to do a genocide run.

Oh I get that, but when you're walking around and trying to find and do stuff in a game like this, constantly having to do the same encounters over and over again for no real reason just gets tiresome. It's like, haha, yeah, I talked to this thing until it went away like 20 times already.....

If you can tell me that occurs less overall than in the demo, I might still give it a try.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2015, 06:26:02 pm »

4 or 5 times at most AFAIK

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »

There are two or three zones where it's a problem. One in the starting zone, where there's just a bunch of moldsmals and frogs. Another time in the caves, especially where you have to find your way in the dark. There's probably one more area that bugged me, but I can't recall where it is.

Overall it is an issue, and I recall being very annoyed by it while going through one of the zones, but it really fades away for most of the game as you only have to deal with one, usually-new enemy per zone.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2015, 06:28:21 pm »

Oh I get that, but when you're walking around and trying to find and do stuff in a game like this, constantly having to do the same encounters over and over again for no real reason just gets tiresome. It's like, haha, yeah, I talked to this thing until it went away like 20 times already.....

If you can tell me that occurs less overall than in the demo, I might still give it a try.

From experience, I never found the encounter rate to be annoying. It's not nearly as bad as games like Earthbound Zero or Pokemon, where it's possible to take two steps then enter a battle. Even when I was running back and forth to see the new enemies, it always took me a good 15 seconds to find a battle.

Not to mention, the game won't penalize you for fleeing battles and after you finish an area you cannot encounter enemies there anymore.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 06:33:51 pm by DragonDePlatino »

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2015, 10:21:21 pm »

Played the demo of this. I've been tempted a couple times to buy it. But the combat with wandering monsters is fun two or three times and then it's just a drag. I can't really see that being super enjoyable.

Spoiler: apparently spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:02:09 am by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2015, 11:54:50 pm »

Spoiler: genocide (click to show/hide)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2015, 01:00:37 pm »

Spoiler: genocide (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pictured Below: Putnam (click to show/hide)
High ammount of edge beyond this point.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:38:00 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2015, 10:05:20 am »

I bought the soundtrack last night just so I could listen to the track that plays when you reach Asgore's castle whenever I wanted. That song is so good.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65