Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65

Author Topic: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!  (Read 152390 times)

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Its dangerous to go alone, take Spoilers
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2015, 09:25:38 pm »

Have you tried filling up your inventory with lots of healing items and just tanking the battle? If you are doing a pacifist run and still have 20 Max HP, the best items you can bring are an inventory full of Bicicles. As long as you only use them when you have less than 10 HP, you'll be able to take full advantage of the 11 HP they give you. And with 8 of them, that will let you heal 11 HP 16 times.

Another thing, IMO the hardest attack to avoid is when you have to climb upwards to dodge the giant spider's attacks. For those turns, I would bribe Muffet to lower her attack.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:28:01 pm by DragonDePlatino »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2015, 12:12:39 am »

i actually... don't get the issue with muffet? How people find her difficult, that is.

It's basically taking the bullet hell mentality and applying it to something like a rhythm game. Instead of making sure you catch the bullets, just make sure you dodge them. Ignore any bullets that are not currently on your lane. If you find a path to go through, do it.

Half of my vision is permanently blurry to the point of blindness and I get dizzy when things start moving incredibly fast. Most parts of this game so far have been fine, but Muffet turns on all the 'get dizzy and die' switches in my head.

It really is a good pain. Muffet is a good pain.
If that vision blindness causes the Muffet fight to be difficult then I have some serious doubts to whether you can actually beat the game.

The boss fights that come after that only get harder.

While you can just spam healing items for almost every boss in the pacifist one, there's one major one that you actually have to beat.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2015, 12:17:21 am »

Hmm. I can only think of one equal to or more disorienting than Muffet in that playthrough, and I wouldn't worry much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2015, 12:32:04 am »

This guy has lost to Muffet 63 times (by his count) and you expect him to beat Mr Entire Screen is Fireballs Moving In A Fast Circular Motion?

At least he's not doing genocide.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2015, 02:13:42 am »

I passed it on try 78. Turns out covering my bad eye helped a lot. As soon as I put cloth over it, a lot of the dizziness went away.

It just took a lot of
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:52 am »

Some portions of Hotlands Core boss is disorienting, in the neutral run. While they dont shoot circles of doom, they do shoot a bunch of semi offsync obstacles, and the special attack portions involve them firing at you using a patterned floral circle thingy.

and as they said, rapid circle fireball boss after that guy.

though

Spoiler: SPOILERIFFIC (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2015, 01:27:04 am »

Some portions of Hotlands Core boss is disorienting, in the neutral run. While they dont shoot circles of doom, they do shoot a bunch of semi offsync obstacles, and the special attack portions involve them firing at you using a patterned floral circle thingy.

and as they said, rapid circle fireball boss after that guy.

though

Spoiler: SPOILERIFFIC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: spoilers man (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:21:14 am by Trapezohedron »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2015, 07:53:37 am »

I just started fighting the flower

Edit:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:15:02 am by Evilsx »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »

Spoiler: spoilers man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: for Aedel (click to show/hide)
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2015, 05:54:34 pm »

I find it really interesting that so many people seem to hate on this game because it's popular. Like they think it's undeserved because the art sucks or it's RPG maker-made.

They're so willing to talk shit about a game they've never played, but assume is tripe. It's depressing actually.

Look at this shit for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3nulgr/the_indie_game_undertale_is_currently_ranked_by/

Everyone refuses to believe Undertale could actually, legitimately, be a good game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2015, 07:58:53 pm »

it's probably the most presentable of the particular class of media that homestuck made infamous, the kind based around character interaction that encourages fanworks

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:11 pm »

I find it really interesting that so many people seem to hate on this game because it's popular. Like they think it's undeserved because the art sucks or it's RPG maker-made.

They're so willing to talk shit about a game they've never played, but assume is tripe. It's depressing actually.

Look at this shit for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3nulgr/the_indie_game_undertale_is_currently_ranked_by/

Everyone refuses to believe Undertale could actually, legitimately, be a good game.

To be honest i personally think of it as a sort of evolved form of Five nights at Freddy's.
You have a bunch of recognisable and unforgettable characters and a convoluted storyline for the internet to pick apart.
That along with a load of different endings depending on who you kill or spare and even different endings only availble after you finished the game oncein a certain way.
Not to mention the game itself going meta all the time.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2015, 10:10:17 pm »

The Undertale demo/Kickstarter came out a long time before FNaF.  It's based more on games like Earthbound and SMT.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65