Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65

Author Topic: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!  (Read 152401 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Merciful kid or Psychotic murderer of monsters?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 01:44:48 pm »

asgore is so tough
help meee
Talk three times to reduce his attack and defense.

For the circles flying in towards the center: make sure to stay close to the center, don't move towards the outside at all.
For mitten hands: move as close to edges as possible, keep going in circles. Probs the easiest attack.
Scythe is self explanatory.
The one with exclamation marks, you have to alternate which side you go on to avoid the death in the center.
That's all that comes to mind at the moment. I think you can also use
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to reduce the amount of damage he does, if I recall correctly.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2015, 01:47:58 pm »

alright i took him down and then
what do I do now?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 02:46:41 pm »

Spoiler: (minor)Asgore battle (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 02:56:35 pm »

Man, I started the Genocide run. The game has been so easy...at least until now. Defeating
is proving to be like impossible :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2015, 03:32:58 pm »

If you're having a bad time

I'm always willing to help a friend out.  :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2015, 03:55:20 pm »

okay having read both the spoilers

uh

no you're not talking about the same thing

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2015, 04:27:19 pm »

I wasn't expecting to like this $10 much, but I do and I'm only done with the prologue :(

In the room with the artifact call her.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2015, 10:36:18 pm »

Man, I'm just now going thru the soundtrack and really listening to the stuff because in the game I was mostly busy NOT DYING to really listen to the tracks.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2015, 11:50:59 pm »

So much spoiler. I need to avoid this topic

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2015, 02:04:43 am »

This game is incredible. Everyone should play it. The end.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:01 am »

Even if the entire game was just the final Mettaton showdown, it'd be worth playing XD

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2015, 03:11:39 am »

This game is incredible. Everyone should play it. The end.
]: )

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2015, 11:45:47 am »

there's a reviews section on the store now

“The puzzles aren't particularly impressive.”
10/10 – Destructoid

“I have a couple of issues with the user interface.”
10/10 – PCInvasion

“If there’s a criticism to be had, it’s that sometimes Toby Fox doesn’t know when to let a joke go.”
10/10 – The Jimquisition

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2015, 01:01:52 pm »

I really want to expound more on how much I enjoy this game so I will:

1. I don't normally like to play something other than a human (or dwarf) male. I dislike being an elf, or a girl, or a little teeny baby girl. It's not because of racism or sexism or what have you but mostly because I don't connect with them at all. So I approached this game with a lot of hesitation when I saw you were a little girl and you would end up dating other characters. Oh ho... I was so wrong. This game is so good.

2. Why is the music so bleeding good?! How did one guy even do all this?! Listen to this!!!! This game is so good.

3. Why are the characters so loveable!? Who is this Tobyfox dude? Why is he so talented?! How can he write, direct, and make music so well? I seriously love every single character, even those who I thought were just standard boring tropes like a certain skeleton. All all these hilarious events that the game has to help you connect to each character. They're so good. This game. Is. So. Good.

4. Why are all the enemies so adorable?! They're so nice! I love them all! I'm going to enjoy killing them all the next round through too! They all have personalities and features and they all interact with each other and the battles are so unique and incredible. This game is... so good.

5. The boss fights. Holy hell. The boss fights. It just keeps breaking what you're expecting to happen. There's really no holds barred whatsoever. Prepare to suspend your conventions because this game will break them. I frigging loved it when at one point you literally jump outside the screen to survive, except the screen stretches to accommodate you. Did I mention this game is so good? Because it's so good.

6. Doges. Doges. So many doges. And Temmie. Hoi! How can one game be so good? Because the game is so good.

7. I seriously love how the game both knows it is a game and goes by that, but also wants you to operate in the game using common sense instead of typical game logic. So you are constantly stuck between trying to figure out if you should approach a situation like it's a game or if you were making that decision for real. It keeps you on your feet and makes the choices and actions real because you're no longer going through the motions like any standard RPG. It's so good. This game is so good.

8. The game constantly reacts to everything you do, in every way and in all manner of creative styles. It's glorious. The game will break everything from the fourth wall to your brain as it validates your actions, both in the game and when you think you can outsmart it. Trust me on this. Also don't trust the save system heh. It's all very organic and really pulls you into the experience as you make the playthrough unique to yourself. It couldn't be gooder if it tried because this game is so good.

9. The graphics suck. 1/10. But the artstyle is 13/10. Cause the game is so good. Also apparently it was made in one of those game maker things? Even gooder still.

10. This game is so good. I don't say this lightly, but this might be my favorite RPG of all time. It could arguably be my favorite game of all time. Except it can't because that title belongs to Dwarf Fortress. So it's one of my favorite games of all time. Do you know why?

tl;dr

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 65