Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Massive Chalice Kickstarter  (Read 8135 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Chalice Kickstarter
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 12:39:18 am »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:13:23 am by penguinofhonor »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2015, 11:25:26 am »

Rise from your grave...  Muahahahaha!

Apparently 1.0 is out.  Reckon I'll give this a whirl later tonight.

The sad thing is, apparently Japan has been doing generational spawn games in one form or another for awhile already.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2015, 11:30:30 am »

The sad thing is, apparently Japan has been doing generational spawn games in one form or another for awhile already.

Yeah, but they're generally freaking terrible.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 07:07:37 am »

The UI of this game is watered down.   Apparently it is a console port.
Blame CanadaConsoles!  Each and every time.  It could have been something more to my liking.

Also, apparently you can't even make 1 custom bloodline to call your own.  Sure, I backed this and have my own bloodline in it... but that is just plain stupid, draconian and will lower chance of a sell for a game attached to a company with not so great reputation as of late. 
Needs optional custom start editor, to choose initial bloodline/class combo and maybe the 5 bonus regions too.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:11:56 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2015, 07:00:05 am »

Seems like the typical doublefine production.  Lots of work on a fancy art style but the actual game feels like they got bored halfway through and just released it as is.  Seems like people are already uselessly old by level 3, never built much of a connection to anybody.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2015, 10:18:15 am »

I committed the mistake of buying this game after a particularily bad shift.

It's not terrible, but it's kind of lame. THink of it as a poor copy of Xcom Enemy Unknown (2012).
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2015, 10:18:09 am »

Finally got around to playing this last night. I'd backed it but wanted to wait a while before playing.

It's...engrossing, but I have to agree with the poor copy of XCOM assessment. It's not a bad game, but I'm pretty sure I won't be sinking nearly as many hours into it. Not enough core class differences, not enough real attachment to the characters. I like the generational aspect so far but you so rarely get more then two or three battles with any given soldier that it's hard to care too much about any of them.

Haven't finished a game yet, though, so I'll hold off on my final assessment until I get further than a hundred or so years in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]