Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Raising Skills Questions  (Read 4783 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Raising Skills Questions
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 12:53:17 am »

Thats also a great way to get a ton of sets of Heavy Bodyarmour.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »

Heh?  Most CCS troops don't wear the Heavy stuff.  Army armor, conventional Body Armor, DS Uniforms, and Police armor, yeah.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »

Well, it's true that I didn't think the possibility of using the CCS as training partners through, but it doesn't seem that bad for the game. It's not like they're shooting Nerf bullets; the CCS can come in with body armor and some serious firepower, so while you may not get a criminal record, you are at risk of permanent injury or death.

So I probably won't do anything to prevent you from using that trick. ;)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »

Heh?  Most CCS troops don't wear the Heavy stuff.  Army armor, conventional Body Armor, DS Uniforms, and Police armor, yeah.
Yes, buts it is loot around the safehouse, as long as you don't kill the leader you can just leave and come back to loot as Heavy Bodyarmour as you need/want.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 11:25:46 am »

What do some of the university classes do? I can't think of any circumstances where, say, physics would help a bunch of ragtag semi-terrorists defeat the right-wing government.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ihlosi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »

What do some of the university classes do? I can't think of any circumstances where, say, physics would help a bunch of ragtag semi-terrorists defeat the right-wing government.

Physics trains the science skill. Science is used during recruitment and when messing with nuclear reactors.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »

Physics trains the science skill. Science is used during recruitment and when messing with nuclear reactors.

Oh, just one of those limited-use ones.

I thought that in the older versions science was only used by conservatives, like religion. Am I right?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 02:02:31 pm »

Oh, just one of those limited-use ones.

I thought that in the older versions science was only used by conservatives, like religion. Am I right?

Wasn't it always used for pushing the reactor's Big Red Button?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Ihlosi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 04:08:49 pm »

No, the recruitment chance takes science/business/law/religion of both sides into account. The difference modifies the difficulty of the persuasion check, if I remember that part of the code correctly.

Hence, whenever you have a recruitment talk with any candidate that has the science skill, having the science skill helps. If you want to (peacefully) recruit eminent scientists or lab techs, having some science is helpful.

This is also why training religion is useful, besides its use in interrogations.

Business and Law have their own uses outside recruitment talks.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:57 pm »

I believe that science is also used in interrogation.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »

Well, it's true that I didn't think the possibility of using the CCS as training partners through, but it doesn't seem that bad for the game. It's not like they're shooting Nerf bullets; the CCS can come in with body armor and some serious firepower, so while you may not get a criminal record, you are at risk of permanent injury or death.

So I probably won't do anything to prevent you from using that trick. ;)

That's good.  Last time I sent an op, we were looking at MA, Sword, Axe, Pistol, and Rifle gains.  :)

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 12:41:12 pm »

Somewhat of a tangent but it would be nice if there were more applications for those skills like business/science/religion. Just off the top of my head, playing the stock market could be added as a legal method of raising money that would use the business skill (and could potentially end up COSTING you money if the person doing it has low skill). If you take it to mean more general management efficiency skill, it could be applied to a lot of other things as well; anything involving making sales or regular upkeep, etc.

Science... maybe you could have some craftable chemical concoctions that could be used in combat? That could open up some interesting possibilities as well - making some kind of knockout chemical allowing you to grab hostiles as hostages with having to wound them first (and thus not risk having them bleed out on you before you get them back to your safe house). You could even have it come in gas or syringe form - gas would hit everyone in a tile but be blocked by undamaged gas masks (which would be standard equip for guys like SWAT teams). If you wanted to go really nuts you could make stuff like mustard gas. Is violating the Geneva convention Liberal? I'm not sure, but it would be funny to be charged with war crimes.

Religion I'm not really sure. Maybe it could have some kind of loyalty influence? Leaders with religious skill would be less likely to be betrayed by followers in jail (fanatics are pretty loyal, after all).
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Ihlosi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 12:49:14 pm »

Religion I'm not really sure.

Have a visitable church where (high religion) Liberals can pull all kinds of shenanigans?

(Similar to AM radio station/cable tv station shenanigans)

There's already several uses for business, btw. - brownies and selling T-Shirts.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 02:24:17 pm »

For business, what about allowing people with high business skill to make more money when selling stolen items to the pawn shop? It wouldn't have to be a massive price increase, just enough to show that your business-skilled Liberal knows how to haggle.

"Sir, I'm afraid I can't let this cell phone go for less than $25. Those are my terms. Take 'em or leave 'em."
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 02:38:23 pm »

That would make sense actually, and I vaguely remember someone mentioning actually using Business Fronts. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3