Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: playing DF with an old ibook G4  (Read 844 times)

Makai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
playing DF with an old ibook G4
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:08:19 pm »

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to play DF with my old ibook G4 because I won't have my main computer available for a pair of months, but the only thing I've found is a very old version of 40d with mayday tilesets that crashes at will.

I've read at the forums that the last version for ppc was 31.12 but I can't find it anywhere, I tried the official dowload page and DFFD but didn't find it, only 40d versions and I'd really like to play with 31.xx at least.

Is there any build you know I could download? Im using OSX 10.5.8 with a G4@1.2 and 512mb RAM. I'd prefer it with a tileset but it's no so important.

Thanks for all.

PS: English is not my native language, any corrections or tips are welcome.

Regards

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: playing DF with an old ibook G4
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:36:45 am »

Hey Makai, there is an older versions page linked off the front page, but it isn't so easy to find.  Here!

Edit... Ah, um.  I see, there is a run of versions with only windows builds.  Erk.  Sorry, don't know what to do.  I'd assume there never was a 31.12 for Mac if it doesn't show up there.  Where did you hear about that being the last PPC build?  Is Wine a no go?

Extra edit... OK I see this thread contains that info and a broken link to a Mac 31.12 download.  I guess Toady must have pulled it down...?  Your best bet I guess is for a kind soul to post that version to DFFD if they still have it.  Sorry I couldn't help.   :'( 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:21:27 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Makai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:38:49 am »

Thanks a lot hermes,

I found those two links, but as you say, there`s no way to download the ppc version, thanks for taking the time to answer anyway.

If anyone has this version available, I'd be very happy if you post it, if anyone can create a torrent I promise i will seed it nonstop or even I could upload it to my website and give an permanent download link, if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:39 am »

The older Mac/Linux 0.31.x versions were pulled because they were missing the "About DF" page and as such violated the SDL license.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Makai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:38:44 pm »

I see, so, no chances that anyone is posting a link to that version...

I'll try to look it up somewhere else, but if anyone could PM me with a link I'd be really gratefull. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Regards