Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Party of 6-The Fallen Void (still need one more player)  (Read 2063 times)

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
Party of 6-The Fallen Void (still need one more player)
« on: June 23, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »

Welcome to the reboot of the Party of Six, where six players in a group will travel and write their adventurous reactions to a collection of prompts. This new version is new and improved with new rules.

Instructions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Backstory

Character Format.

Okay, and that should be it, if there are any specific questions on what the items actually do, as I expect you do as I didn't go into detail on them, go ahead and ask, and we will start after six players.

-Kj1225 as Kyle Johnson
-Harbingerjm as Kalaron
-NoahTophatz as Cilob Nekolnish
-Evilcherry as Bernice Symons
-ragnarok97071 as The Brony
-

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:55:56 am by Ddynamo »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Party of 6-The Fallen Void (need six players)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »

<Race-Timelord/Gallefreyan
<Name-The Brony
<Age-46656
<Incarnation Number-6
<Gender-Male, though being a Timelord this is subject to change upon regeneration.
<Starter Item- Magic-Enhanced Sonic Screwdriver
<Class- Rogue
<Backstory- Doesn't talk about it much, seeing as it'd take a long, LONG time to say it all, but to put it simply he tends to wander around the cosmos at random, not really trying to do anything in particular, good or bad. Once he stumbled on a planet full of sentient miniature equines. He really likes that world. It was fun.
<Appearance A normal-looking lad, with brown hair and brown eyes, often seen wearing a button-up shirt and slacks. At least, in this regeneration.
<3 positive personality traits-Extremely Tolerant, Majorly Kind, minorly curious
<3 negative personality traits- Extremely Apathetic, Majorly Sesquipedalian, Minorly Narrow-minded
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:14:55 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 04:10:11 pm »

I thought this was implied in my East/West location of the actual universes, but the void is a flat plain, no space, no cosmos, just the ground. Unless you meant that's what he did before he bled through, then keep it by all means. Oh, and starwars doesn't border this world, no jedi lightsaber. Just fix that and you're in.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:11:44 pm by Ddynamo »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:12:01 pm »

I thought this was implied in my East/West location of the actual universes, but the void is a flat plain, no space, no cosmos, just the ground. Unless you meant that's what he did before he bled through, then keep it by all means. Oh, and starwars doesn't border this world, no jedi lightsaber.

:p that is history, not current events.

And damn XD that would have been hilarious.

Oh well. Let's see...
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 05:05:53 pm »

It's okay, I'll let the MLP universe reference slide though. You're welcome for that. You can still be named The Brony.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:16:42 pm »

It's okay, I'll let the MLP universe reference slide though. You're welcome for that. You can still be named The Brony.

Actually it's been established (doctor whooves) that they are connected in some way or another, so TOTALLY in my headcanon :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 06:20:35 pm »

<Race- Human
<Name- Kyle Johnson
<Age- 21
<Gender- Male
<Starter Item-invisibility cloak
<Class-Thief
<Backstory Kyle never liked people and was more interested in taking their things. This got him into a lot of trouble until he was blamed for murder and had to leave his family behind. He bled through and this happened.
<Appearance A tall brown haired man with brown eyes that wears a mask that looks like a cats face.
<3 positive personality traits- Extreme= Charismatic Major= medic minor= respectable
<3 negative personality traits- Extreme= First, do no (permanent) harm Major= Hates being seen Minor= Never without his mask

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 06:30:11 pm »

A Map of This area of void, the middle being the void.
and Kj1225, you're in.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:32:10 pm by Ddynamo »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »

It would suck if the warhammer 40k universe was up above all the void. I mean you're walking along when one day a crazy person in giant armor drops in front of you wielding a chainsword and starts yelling. And that's one of the better options.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 07:06:23 pm »

Ah, maybe not this void, but this is just one of many surrounded by realities. This void may not border it, but a few unlucky voids are.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 08:12:06 pm »

<Race- "Chimer" (Altmer)
<Name- Kalaron, "Nerevarine"
<Age- Claims to be 240 years old, likely much older.
<Gender- Male
<Starter Item- invisibility cloak
<Class- Crazed wizard lord
<Backstory- Kalaron was a perfectly normal "eccentric" Altmer wizard recluse, until the day a group of bandits ambushed him while he was on a stroll out from his tower. The attack was brief and extremely one-sided, as the bandits had apparently not considered that attacking a powerful mage might be a Bad Idea, but one of the bandits, a Bosmer archer, managed revenge even in death: her corpse, falling from the tree in which she had perched, struck Kalaron and knocked him over, leading him to strike his head on a rock and lose conciousness.
When he awoke, the Dunmer hermit who lived nearby had been attempting to heal his injuries with some rather poor restoration magic, and celebrated by saying "Thank Nerevar you're alright!" However, in his head-injuried and confused state, Kalaron decided this meant that he was the Nerevarine, and has yet to be dissuaded otherwise.
<Appearance- Tall and yellow like all his kind, his stare is both down his nose and slightly unhinged. Prefers to wear light armour with robes over the top, though his last set of armour needs replacing after an... "incident" involving 3 sims, a dwarf, a bag of cats and a box of matches. The robes and his pants were fine though, luckily.
<3 positive personality traits
extreme- Wizardly
major- "Heroic"
minor- Crazy
<3 negative personality traits
extreme- Disturbing
major- Prone to distraction
minor- Crazy

Ah, maybe not this void, but this is just one of many surrounded by realities. This void may not border it, but a few unlucky voids are.
Those poor, poor voids.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 08:27:11 pm »

<Race- Dwarf
<Name- Cilob Nekolnish
<Age- 77
<Gender- male
<Starter Item- adamantine pickaxe
<Class- Miner
<Backstory- he was born on the 28th of obsidian in the year 174, later Cilob worked as a miner in the fortress of Dakgolud until he was attacked by a group of Giant Capuchin, while fleeing from the Giant Capuchin he bled through.
<Appearance-  His turquoise eye are wide-set. His Long moustache is arranged in double braids. His long beard is braided. His medium-length hair is neatly combed. His somewhat short ears are narrow. He is average in size. His lips are thin. His skin is copper.
<3 positive personality traits- Confident under pressure, Doesn't care what people think, Miner)
<3 negative personality traits- Absolutely must mine rare minerals , Needs alcohol to get through the working day, Little patience)

yes I partly copied a dwarf i got in a dwarf fortress game
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

Here is a more in depth explanation of the voids.
All universes and voids exist on a flat, 2-d plane, and they all border each-other perfectly, but they can still have elevation changes. From a distance, the mini worlds, or voids, can appear to be the same size or even bigger than actual universes, but this is just an illusion, one inch on the map above at the void could mean 100 meters, while that same inch, moved onto an actual universe, could mean trillions of light-years. The border between worlds is a massive energy wall that surrounds the void and is visible, but is invisible in actual universes. The wall could fluctuate between times and locations, and anything the wall touches in actual universes is bled into the nearest void. But ending up in a void is permanent, and cannot be undone, save a few beings that had existed in the void before any universe was bled through, like the Old Wind, a resident sentient cloud from the Global Void. A few "holes" in the universes exist along their walls, allowing travel through the multiple voids, though tolls have been created on these "holes" by governments of the different voids, and these tolls are quite expensive.

The void this game takes place in is the Fallen void, bordered by Elder Scrolls, reality, Minecraft, The Sims, Dwarf Fortress, and Doctor Who, whose bleadings make up the composition of the void. This void is about the size of Australia, and is very uninteresting compared to other ones. (The Timeless Void experienced a cataclysm so great that it left and ended up floating above the middle of the Endless Void, and is the void the next game will take place in. The Endless Void is a vast plain that extends where there are no actual universes, it is chaotic and empty at the same time, only parts of it that border the universes actually have any sanity to them.)

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 08:29:38 pm »

And you're both in. Also, not everyone has to have bled through, you can be born here from parents who bled through, or even grandparents who bled through. Except timelords, as they're "created" by Rassilon.

Excuse the double post.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:07:30 pm by Ddynamo »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Party of 6-The Fallen Void (need three players)
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 03:43:57 am »

By the way, was the shape of "Dwarf Fortress" and the location/colour of the "Amarillo Desert" intentional?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: [1] 2