Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Fort Chaincraft and The White Pages. [Succession Rotation game]  (Read 7639 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Chaincraft and The White Pages. [Succession Rotation game]
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 06:09:30 pm »

Time to see what havoc I must create.
Any developments? Doesn't have to be in character or anything just let us know if your turn is going.
Yes, I'm just a bit busy but I should have a good portion of my turn up by tomorrow  :)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 09:02:58 am »

Bump, anyone here? It would be a shame if this fort would die before I had a chance to ruin it.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 10:31:30 am »

Artemis, how is your turn?

Really, if it takes much longer, I'd suggest just skipping to exodiuses turn. Well, as a founder OctoberFox should decide what to do, but it would be nice to actually see this fort advance.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 03:03:02 am »

Sorry for my hiatus. My sister broke my computer so I had to wait for it to be fixed.
I'll try to get as much as I can down tomorrow. If I can't get all of it done in the immediate next few days, I'll notify you to skip my turn.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 08:42:45 am »

Sorry to hear about your PC. I hope it won't be much of a problem now.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:59 pm »

No, I don't wanna waste any more of your guys' time. Whoever's supposed to go now, just use the previous file. I feel like I used up too much time for too little of the Fortress. I'll go on my next rotation  :D

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2013, 06:14:37 am »

If I remember correctly it means me. I'm downloading the save now, if it is OK with Fox that is. :)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 09:23:08 am »

Terribly sorry for a double-post but I cannot see any named dwarfs  ???, they may have had their names erased during one of the transfers, it sometimes happens when you use Dwarf Therapist to name them. Could everybody tell me which dwarf they have claimed if they remember? And if not could they tell the type of dwarf they wanted so i can put them back into the game?

Edit
Never mind, found them, I'm just blind :)

Edit 2
Can someone post anything? I do not want to triple post and i have a first month of my turn done and just need a write down. If you wonder why only one it is because fps is criminally low, i get fps tops with graphical fps cap set at 15. If Fox decides it's too low to continue let me know, I just want to finish what I've started before I give save back to you guys just for fort to make some progress.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:54:46 am by exodius1 »

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 03:11:56 am »

How low is your FPS (not graphical, but calculational)?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 02:41:30 pm »

Sorry it was supposed to say in last post but apparently i forgot to type it in. 20-24fps tops, it is rather low, i blame number of animals, dwarfs and overall size of the fortress. I may try to fiddle burrows and path finding to increase it, as well as murder/lock in cages all the pets except for work animals. I could also try to turn temperature of but I’m not quite sure how it will affect that ice trap we have above the entrance:-\.

Also this is a guy I claimed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah tell me what you think of my writing style, I hope it is not that bad.

PS sorry for lateness of this, it seems this fortress is cursed or something, first Artemis' PC than my Internet doesn't want to cooperate. :-\ Also pictures are coming and i have some more of my turn to write up, i just need confirmation to continue from Fox, i do not want to put too much into it if my turn is going to be canceled.

Edit
Pictures are here, and next part is in a write up, I'll finish it tomorrow. We do have some guests so be sure to read it :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:46:47 pm by exodius1 »

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 03:10:07 am »

Nice to see this continue. A good update.
Disablin temperature may be a good idea. It's not a freezing trap, I actually designed it to be a drowning trap (enemies are locked between the gates, then filled with water). After I noticed that it freezes it kind of stopped working.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 05:01:04 am »

I could try to cover it up so it would not freeze (every tile with "inside" has set temperature above freezing.), and if Fps really starts getting to me i'll disable temperature. Also this is a place holder, expect update later today.

PS how is the picture quality? Also who made those drawings in one of the previous posts? Becouse we may need some
art.

Pictures are on the way.
I would also appreciate if Fox would update front post with the achievements of our post, mostly the food one.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:46:25 am by exodius1 »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56:00 pm »

Inform the elves that because of their incompetence, you needed to make more armor/weapons, thus cutting down more trees, and give them a log as proof.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »

Inform the elves that because of their incompetence, you needed to make more armor/weapons, thus cutting down more trees, and give them a log as proof.
And after they get upset slaughter them because they have insulted our culture by refusing a gift? I like the way you think. :D I do want to wait for more people to have their say before proceeding but do not worry your involvement is noted.

PS I will upload Pictures tomorrow, I forgot to actually do it today, had to do some things.

BlackOctoberFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 07:04:13 am »

Sorry I've been gone for a while now. I've been preoccupied. Don't worry though I'll update the front page when I can, I'm going to have to read through the updates first mind you.

Where have I been? Well I've been getting a job, sorting out stuff for university and I am down right determined to finish Dark Souls at least once before the sequel is released, so yeah.

Oh and forgetting the password to my account, that was fun too.

Edit: Okay guys we are writing WAY too much, so much so that both my and Mataro's turn have been removed from the front page to shrink the message down below forum restrictions. This isn't a bad thing, frankly the more you write the better. To remedy this issue I have cut/paste the first two turns to a word processor, so the information is saved, and I will keep documenting what happens in the fortress. Once the first rotation is over I will (probably) upload a completed file complete with pictures to download, alongside the fortress, and update it for each subsequent rotation. Oh and Exodius you're turn is fine, it's sad hearing about Fowl's computer but these things happen.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:42:48 am by BlackOctoberFox »
We killed her! All of her stuff are belong to us.
It's a Dinosaur/ _) "Rawr!"
        _/\/\/\_/ /
    _|             /
  _|    (  |  (  |
 /__.-'|_|--|_|
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6