Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Fort Chaincraft and The White Pages. [Succession Rotation game]  (Read 7640 times)

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Chaincraft and The White Pages. [Succession Rotation game]
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 02:45:01 am »

Migrants came. Second after that the ice thawed and they were locked behind the river. Idiots.

They sat there until my masons had built a bridge for them.

Spoiler: Warm stone located. (click to show/hide)
I dug quickly though all three caverns and sealed the holes to them with floors. The walls of the third cavern are very warm. Magma sea can't be far away.

A fortress of a hundred dwarves And no GREAT DINING ROOM?

I removed the tables, thrones and statues from that old dining room and brought them to my new grand hall.

Meanwhile, an uninvited guest.

Why are all those dwarves fishing. Don't they know that there is a murdeorus megabeast coming to kill them?

Fortunately Osa just killed one fishery worker and then attacked to the main fort. Those webs are terrible.

The bravest son's of Chaincraft, attack!

The battle was a bloody mess. I had rearranged our military to the squad of axedwarves and to the marksdwarf squad. The titan killed three axedwarves bu webbing and kicking them to death. Dwarves won just because their numbers were just too great for one beast. One recruit managed to get a lucky hit which brought the beast down.

I think that the beast just solved our food problem.

Spoiler: Warm stone. (click to show/hide)
Meanwhile in underground.

Spoiler: Again? (click to show/hide)
Look, someone else wants to die upon our axes.

Spoiler: Minotaur charges! (click to show/hide)
Since the wall isn't yet ready, there is yet another battle at the outdoor farms.

Two iron arrows. Two hits. Minotaur passes out. The military commander comes and strucks him down.

Spoiler: Mining (click to show/hide)
I'm digging the space for magma forges. This is a pic of my "magma sewers" under the forge level.

Ahh, once again someone wants to die. I'm fine with that.

Why are those idiot in the river. Oh, my fault. I let the booze run low. But i fixed the situation. We have a booze, and three stills are brewing more. And still those idiots are in the river.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Siege, lead by goblin Mato riding a cave crocodile, charged towards the river. Fortunately my soldier were first there and the battle occurred. It was short and fierce, but we killed their leader and made them retreat. The cave crocodile was shot with one bone bolt. None of our dwarves died, which was a miracle. We got a nice amount of goblin axes and armour.

Spoiler: The wall (click to show/hide)
Constuction of the Great Wall of The Urist has begun. Currently it has just one floor tall, with fortifications on top. I'm planning to build a water cistern and make a drowning chamber to the middle of the wall. Also, the bolts. There is a lots of bolts. I ordered the carpenter to make some bins for them.

Magma furnaces are finished. I'll start to make pump parts and then streel weaponry and armour. The fort has now 224 dwarves.

All this happened during the eight first months of the year. Many achievements were unlocked, right?

DFFD is still giving me issues, it won't let me upload pictures for whatever reason so I may end up using a Tumblr page or something.

May I recommend you Dropbox? I'ts simple: You make an account and download it to your computer. Then you can just drop your files and images to the Dropbox folder and it downloads those pics to the internet all by itself.

Next update coming tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:59:37 am by Matoro »

BlackOctoberFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 09:00:15 am »

BlackOctoberFox awards Mataro a medal of valour for their excellent military skills, and asks the question is he, at least, still alive following the titan attack?

Also Nice pic, but I'm going to have a go at drawing one as well  :D
We killed her! All of her stuff are belong to us.
It's a Dinosaur/ _) "Rawr!"
        _/\/\/\_/ /
    _|             /
  _|    (  |  (  |
 /__.-'|_|--|_|

BlackOctoberFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 11:16:03 am »

Combination of Boredom and half an hours work, can't be bothered doing the minotaur. May colour when I have bought colours.

Edit: Damn still cant get pics to work... Here's a link.
It's of Oso Aspolospo Ozse Mot. I made a mistake in the dwarven lettering but oh well.
http://blackoctoberfox.tumblr.com/image/53937667516
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:32:21 am by BlackOctoberFox »
        _/\/\/\_/ /
    _|             /
  _|    (  |  (  |
 /__.-'|_|--|_|

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 07:25:53 am »

That's pretty cool drawing. Sadly there wasn't any more titans at second year...

I built a hospital and started to dig an underground cistern for a well. Only thing our hospital lacks is a soap.

The hospital was because of there was pretty much... accidents. A dwarf with liver broken? Man, he shouldn't drink so much.

There is the water channel and upper cistern.

I've built a drowning chamber to our new gate. We can lock the enemies between the gates and drown them. These windmills are powering the pumps.

I learnt something new today.

Bridges don't support constuctions.

A couple of cave-in accidents killed few dwarves, injured many more and even knocked some into our own cage traps.

The gobbos are back! Too bad for the elven merchants, they had just arrived to the map.

.. and then, a WERECAMEL. HOW SCARY.

The elves made a mad dash towards our gates. I closed them just before they got in, since out military is too small to handle an invasion of this scale. There is two squads of goblins, bowmen and lashers. They all are riding every sort of cave creatures. Then there is a pack of trolls. Trolls killed that werecamel. I managed to break the bowsquad by shooting them from the walls. They escaped, but others were too far away from the wall, so I decided just to wait. Magma forges had just finished full-iron armours for the axedwarves.

The new entrance and some mess.

Oh, I forgot the water pressure. I nearly flooded the hospital through the well while filling the cistern below the hospital.

I don't have a slightest idea what was that. A marksdwarf, Ingiz, was content. Not tantruming or anything. He just coldly punched a sleeping mechanic and then went to report the crime.

I convicted some random child (we have a terrible amount of children, 107 of them) for the murder, since I don't want to lose a good marksdwarf.

The fortress is beautiful, isn't it? Masons are making blocks at repeat, the next overseer can continue building as he wishes. I have marked my levers witn notes, you can see them bu pressing N. The main gate levers are next to the dining room. Then there is an lever near the old entrace - that cave-ins the corridor to the depot.

Dwarven merchants came. I bought lots of food and bolts. And offered them goods worth of 14k or something. Next year we're going to be a barony. There was also a little ambushes before and after the merchants arrived. Military dealed with the goblins fast.

Our stocks and statistics looks like this at the end of my turn. I'm especially proud of our military, check those axe lords.

Save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41823990/Chaincraft/YEAR4/ChaincraftYear5.rar
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:28:32 am by Matoro »

Mouseshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 10:36:16 pm »

Alright. I've downloaded the save and will play a bit tonight/tomorrow.

Mouseshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »

I keep getting lost in the fortress, but here's a small update.

Mouseshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 11:01:58 pm »

Sorry about the wait. DF crashed on me and I lost some progress. I got mad at it and didn't play for a couple days. Here's the rest of the first year.

Will get to the second year tomorrow.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 02:59:38 am »

Hello, seems I shall join you in this struggle. Expect a lot of bad grammar and bizarre sentence structure. Also do i dwarf myself when my turn is up or does someone else do it?
I like the idea of life-link between player and the dwarf and a choice it makes you do: die in blazes of glory fighting vile forces of !!FUN!! or play defensively and just survive through your turn. I think I'll try a mix, let's say i really like marksdwarves.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

BlackOctoberFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:09 am »

Yeah sure, you can join, and don't worry about grammar and stuff, I can easily edit that. To answer your question, you claim a free dwarf at the start of your turn. So when you load up the save file just select a dwarf without a nickname and give him/her/it your name. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
        _/\/\/\_/ /
    _|             /
  _|    (  |  (  |
 /__.-'|_|--|_|

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:41 pm »

Can I have a go? Currently signed up for a different succession game, but my turn is waaaay down the line. I'd like to be dorfed as a military dwarf too. Name of Dw4rf.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackOctoberFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 09:51:34 am »

As long as you understand this is a SURVIVAL-based Fort then you're in, there are two other people ahead of you mind and I think the current guy is almost out of time.

EDIT: Mouseshy has 3 days left to complete his turn.
        _/\/\/\_/ /
    _|             /
  _|    (  |  (  |
 /__.-'|_|--|_|

Mouseshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 01:42:53 pm »

Done. Finally. Fort's getting pretty sluggish. I think we need to drop some children into magma.

File Download.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 03:41:16 am »

Woah, the fort is growing fast.

Copper and leather shields aren't really problem. Material doesen't affect to the blocking. Only thing that matters is the weight. Heavier = better bashing. Lighter = faster moving. And since we have many axe lords with a good axes, I don't really think that we need any bashing power. Just as light shields as possible.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 02:24:57 am »

Nyeeh, for some reason my email is not getting any more notifications from this topic. Ah well.

I downloaded the save. Time to see what havoc I must create.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 05:12:45 am »

Time to see what havoc I must create.
Any developments? Doesn't have to be in character or anything just let us know if your turn is going.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6