Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Those release feels.  (Read 2687 times)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Those release feels.
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:59:02 am »

Anyone else feeling like their skin will rot off with anticipation before the patch comes out? Good lawd excited!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Those release feels.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:31:31 am »

I can't wait. It's going to be awesome. Just look how many awesome features there are going to be.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 12:59:55 pm »

I lost all focus when I found out about CataDDA.

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 01:03:05 pm »

Every time I come to the site, I half expect to be angry at myself for missing the release day. And then relief / disappointment.
Then I read the news, and get "a little" giddy.
Then I'm shocked to find how little conversation is going on about it in the forums. You would think it would be abuzz with excitement.

Where do people talk about the development? Because I am clearly missing the thread.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »

In the Future of the Fortress (FotF) thread.  It's stickied to the top of this board.  There are 461 pages of discussion, ranting, derailment, re-railment, bickering, question asking, question answering and occasional frivolity as I type this.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »

I hope it comes out soon, I can't even play the game because of my anticipation for the new version. 

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »

Wish it was more about fortress than adventure mode. Just because personally I hardly ever play adventure mode.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 11:50:32 pm »

Wish it was more about fortress than adventure mode. Just because personally I hardly ever play adventure mode.

Same here.  I think I've played Adventure Mode twice.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »

Agreed, but Toady has implied that Fort mode will get some love in the smaller releases, such as a job prioritization system perhaps.

At this point though I'm more curious just how the existing features fit into Fort mode than anything.  Climbing and jumping are a bit fuzzy for example, and I suspect they don't work at all in Fort mode.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:32:06 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 01:14:44 am »

Man, Fort mode got the focus for a good 6 years.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 01:31:26 am »

I actually have played quite a lot of adventure mode when I get tired of Fort mode.

It's nice to be able to explore the world and not have to look after a hundred dwarves who are too stupid to take care of themselves.  :P

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 03:32:48 am »

I greatly prefer adventure mode, best combat in any game I've ever played and it's about to get even better.

Plus elven and goblin sites will be back and better than ever, I miss wiping them out.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:01:30 am by Jehdin »

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 09:08:42 am »

I've been waiting for a thread like this to share a dream I've had for weeks now. When the world history continues after the worldgen, our deeds will finally have proper effects to the world. I want to get a werecurse, sneak into the kings castle, and BITE EVERYONE.

I have played mostly fortress mode, but the adventure mode has become more and more interesting. The aimed attacks made it exponentially better, and I expect another exponential improvement from the next release. What disappointed me in the current version is that the history didn't yet chronicle my dismemberment sprees.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 09:14:33 am »

Well, I play DF cuz of fortress mode. I couldn't care less about adventure mode tbh, and I am 100% sure that most of the DF players are also playing fortress mode only. Fortress mode is what makes this game special.
There is a big problem tho..
The development speed was hellish slow for fortress mode already, since there is only 1 developer, but now that Toady decided to work on adventure mode as well....it became extremely-hellish-epic slow..

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 11:21:38 am »

Well, I play DF because of fortress mode. I couldn't care less about adventure mode to be honest, and I am 100% sure that most of the DF players are also playing fortress mode only. Fortress mode is what makes this game special.
There is a big problem tho..
The development speed was hellish slow for fortress mode already, since there is only 1 developer, but now that Toady decided to work on adventure mode as well....it became extremely-hellish-epic slow..

The next update is setting the groundwork for additions that will eventually be in fortress mode. The combat overhaul is going to render one-man armies useless, and make fighting generally harder. Climbing is currently restricted to the player character in adventure mode, but one day it will allow invaders to climb over walls entirely (no more fence defences). Oh, and the new job priority rewrite will (hopefully) mean the eradication of lazy doctors and traders, and cleaning may actually become something that happens more than once in a blue moon.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.
Pages: [1] 2 3