Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ☼LittleVillage the Tribe of Hope☼ - Restarting the Camp, Who wants first turn?  (Read 4428 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [Masterwork] Kobold Camp V2 - Littlevillage - Players wanted.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 12:42:49 am »

I played a bit more and solved the problem like this: Warlocks, Goblins, Orcs show up. I challange elves to a war, elves show up (invisible and not fighting), Warlocks then start a fire, kill all warlocks, elves and orcs. I constantly steal from warlocks till I can make the voodoo totem, then curse the race of goblins. Result: 400 corpses outside, all good.

But the problem is this: I create a 2% chance for a boulder that forces an attack. But expwnents script does trigger regardless if that boulder is created or not, it only checks for the words in the code, not for the actual product in fort mode. That means 2% = 100%. Each time I ran the reaction, the code spawned a new ambush. Literally 40 ambushes at least.

I will talk to expwnent and ask him to change the script, or I will fix it myself with a workaround. But yes, its unplayable like it is, because you get massive amounts of enemies. The other thing I noticed is that druids dont transform into spirit bears, because they are already transformed. I have to use truetransform script for this.

I already fixed 90% of the issues I found in my current dev-version, so I'd rather restart this then play the buggier version. ;) But it was kind of expected, because I added 70 buildings and over 1000 reactions in a single update.

So yeah, the camp will be restarted, probably within one week. Please be patient till then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 06:30:39 am »

But the problem is this: I create a 2% chance for a boulder that forces an attack. But expwnents script does trigger regardless if that boulder is created or not, it only checks for the words in the code, not for the actual product in fort mode. That means 2% = 100%. Each time I ran the reaction, the code spawned a new ambush. Literally 40 ambushes at least.
Blimey. That's exactly how my own camp fell last time.
70-80 elves in the second spring :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 06:49:52 am »

Well, I know how to fix it now. Dont know if I'll have time in the next week or so, since we are back traveling tomorrow morning.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 11:02:21 am »

I KNEW IT. I KNEW THERE WERE TOO MANY AMBUSHES.

Will I still get second turn on the restarted game?

also, didn't your drawbridge burn down from the warlock fire and let the swarm of goblins hiding over there in? it did when I tried letting the fire burn out.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »

also, didn't your drawbridge burn down from the warlock fire and let the swarm of goblins hiding over there in? it did when I tried letting the fire burn out.
I don't think bridges burn...

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 04:42:03 pm »

I don't think bridges burn...
I have first hand experience that they do >_>

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 12:43:15 pm »

So is the invasion chance fixed in this version, or will invasions be inevitable till the next?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

TokimiDwarfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 12:09:35 am »

I wish to be Bolded! :3 Preferably as a extremely theif-like one. But doesn't matter which. Name them Tokami and make them extra crazy like!

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 01:46:12 am »

Oh, I saw this was bumped and thought there was some kind of update happening. Guess not. :(

TokimiDwarfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 04:06:44 am »

XD sorry my fault. I just thought the same thing :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 06:28:35 am »

I have an update finished, but no fast internet and I have to do manual and random stuff for it. the raws themselves look ok.

I also dont trust myself to upload anything, I am down with dengue fever. Getting better, but I like to have a clear head before I upload something thousands download.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 07:19:29 am »

And its a rar file. /me sighs.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [Masterwork] LittleVillage the Tribe of Hope - Kobolds
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 04:06:10 am »

Ha, the new update is done and finally we can do this. :) I actually played another year with a new camp, but even that version is outdated now. I wont have the time to play, but I am curious what you guys can come up with. Who is up for some kobold madness, who wants to start the new camp?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

USELESS COMMENT WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile

I haven't the time to play it meself, but I am eager to follow the thread and glarm around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3