Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325117 times)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #2490 on: July 16, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »

I understood that the jump distances among other things were just waiting on admin to re-load the custom config the server runs. It's been quite a while previous times before it gets done.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:42 pm »

Exactly. Admins are just being lazy about getting the configs back up. Were playing with the normal vanilla configs right now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2492 on: July 17, 2015, 05:22:48 pm »

Just a thought: People like you calling admins 'lazy' are a big part of why I stopped hosting my own servers.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 17, 2015, 07:43:12 pm »

Well since both the server update and copying the config file over are manually done operations and copying the config is required each time it was probably more like forgetful, stupid or ignorant then lazy.

I find EE's bribing players to vote for their server to drive it to the top 3 slots quite misleading. The server crashes a lot compared to the two others I've spent time on (though could be version specific) and not maintaining consistant config settings when people fine-tune ships is really dropping the ball.

Just a thought: If you can't handle critism yourself don't go around being critical of others.

p.s. I think I accidentally Omega - but not the whole thing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 17, 2015, 07:53:06 pm »

I meant to poke fun at the situation rather than insult the admins themselves. I know Doughnut was actively working on the configs.

Yes, crash, you did accidentally the omega. Poor omega.

Anyway, me and darkoff went to harass a pirate station, and encountered the AMS turrets i made as pirates. Other than those, there was an "ebon hawk" which I got a half-destroyed copy of and brought home, a "flak carrier" which seemed to have a load of turrets, some other turrets people saved, and some tiny fighters. Seem to have set all blueprints as pirates, or something, and we got a few of the lamest.

Darkoff, I redocked your ship to the docking struts, and I killed the pirate turrets at the station. I'm hoping when you respawn the fighters will have disappeared. And that you brought components for a ship. I also sent you half the credits from selling off the computer stacks I looted.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 19, 2015, 05:58:00 am »

What server are you guys on? Someone said elegy eternity, but I can't see your faction there
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 19, 2015, 06:04:30 am »

http://elwyneternity.com/ look for the twelfth bay

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 19, 2015, 08:49:30 am »

I attempted to play this but I seem to be having a conflict with my chrome instal in that both can't be open at the same time.  Unfortuneately closing chrome isn't an option as I need it open all the time for work, does anyone know a fix/have the same issue?
Nom nom nom

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 19, 2015, 03:46:28 pm »

hrm, should only need java.  try disabling that in chrome first? worth a shot at least

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 19, 2015, 03:55:23 pm »

Their custom config is probably to blame for the constant crashes.

I haven't been crashing with a vanilla config after wiping everything and reinstalling, whereas with EE's config I was crashing frequently even in singleplayer (I had copied their config over to SP so I could test it there).

But don't ask me why. They've changed so much of the config that it'd be hard to figure it out without spending a ridiculous amount of time testing each individual change (or if schema can write tests to detect it, presumably).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: July 20, 2015, 12:56:24 am »

I attempted to play this but I seem to be having a conflict with my chrome instal in that both can't be open at the same time.  Unfortuneately closing chrome isn't an option as I need it open all the time for work, does anyone know a fix/have the same issue?

Think it might be a ram conflict, like your system doesn't have enough ram to allocate to both processes? I've had vram trouble on my laptop as well, and the best fix was to reduce the draw distance until the game wasn't trying to devour my entire shitty little graphics cards memory. I've also had issues getting an old intel graphics laptop to run it, and with trying to use 32 bit java. 64 bit is effectively mandatory.

I myself haven't had problems with the EE config causing crashes, but hey.
I make Spellcrafts!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: July 20, 2015, 04:52:18 am »

I find EE's bribing players to vote for their server to drive it to the top 3 slots quite misleading. The server crashes a lot compared to the two others I've spent time on (though could be version specific) and not maintaining consistant config settings when people fine-tune ships is really dropping the ball.

Not just the crashes, but the near-constant lags too (don't know if that's been fixed, have not played lately). The bribes are very clearly the reason it's top ranked. I wish the rank site would disallow that, it makes the rankings so meaningless.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:09:02 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: July 20, 2015, 07:59:17 am »

to be fair a high population unlimitd ship size server is bounded to lag (even if most laggy activities are forbidden, like docking or railing a planet)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 13, 2015, 04:16:14 am »

Anyone play this game anymore?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 13, 2015, 07:55:36 am »

I'm still waiting for some more changes to the weapons systems (that may not be forthcoming), but I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some people playing.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 181