Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 324971 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

Server crashed and apparently had a rollback. I was not at the base at the time, and when I logged back in my spaceman was at spawn and my ship was at the base.... so I don't know if all the changes made to our base tonight got rolled back or not (some people were complaining about losing a ton of progress)

Was flying back to base and it crashed again before I could make it back, so I just logged out for the night.

A tip: always carry a few power generator blocks since it seems like stores are always sold out, so you don't have to slow-boat back in a ship core like me
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I opened up single player for the first time and was confronted with looping audio glitches.

Anybody experienced this?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

So, I haven't played this game for about a year, but I kinda want to play it again. What's different now?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Rails! Things that move!

And proper lasers!

And planets are d12s instead of cookies. They're still quite buggy, and laggy, have the same five lame archetypes and don't have moons or anything neat.

Anyway, there's a thread on the star made forums for a few of the factions we've seen on the server, including "the swarm"; http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-swarm-hostile-alien-nomad-anarchy-roleplay.3966/
Those were the guys someone saw visit us, right? Apparently they're a roleplay faction and their schtick is "zero diplomacy, blow everyone up because we're aliens." I guess they decided we were too lame even to blow up...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since everything at 2,2,2 which had disappeared is back now, the rollback must've fixed that (or whatever was going on), but the lag is pretty amazing. Of course, someone just blew up two planets, and it seems war is afoot...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

so, dod you get your turret working with the new rail system? I got one and works manually, but bobby refuses to shoot at anything

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lag is entirely gone this morning, which is nice.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

another question on the rail system:

Spoiler: "from the patch notes" (click to show/hide)

so, if I understand it correctly, a docked turret will fetch power from the mothership, but also feed it. anyone tested this behavior?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

No, what that is saying is that if you have a turret on a ship on a mothership, then the turret will take power from the mothership, and from the ship the turret is directly on.

So you have ship A, which has turrets 1, 2, and 3, each of which have batteries, and each has two barrels, then the barrel of 1 would get power from 1, and from A, but not 2 or 3

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

did something change with shield power?

My unnamed warship went from ~1.9 million shields to ~788 thousand shields :/

Or did someone grab some shield modules off it? I can't remember exactly how many it had.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Power reactor math is so annoying. Forcing to make ugly ships.
They should just get rid of that completely and simply use a flat block to power formula. I would even get rid of the component size formula for capacitors if everyone just starts making single giant cubes of everything.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love it. It means you have engineering problems to solve, as opposed to stackimg stuff and call it a day

I wish there were positional mechanics for other blocks as well. (But different)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been quite a while since I touched cloak/stealth blocks. Are they still a "nothing but power and one engine" build to run both?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

The weapons used to determine range, fire rate and maybe another bonus from their shape.

A 1mil e/sec ship can be made with around 4k power rechargers leaving 2k blocks for other systems I think. Smaller ships can support less since you can't use long lines of rechargers for the best bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 181