Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325199 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Alright then, I'll see what I can do.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I?m setting up on the other planet in the system, I still need to learn how warp stuff and jumps and rails works

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The planet near the star, or one of the pair out at the edge? Zanzetkuken and I are discussing setting the destination of the home warpgate to one of the pair at the opposite end. I think the problem with the current network is that you aren't supposed to be able to use asteroids as warpgate destinations.

Also; the server crashed or I otherwise lost connection. I won't have another chance to play tonight, I dont think, as I need to go pick someone up from work and ship them home. Be back tomorrow, maybe?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 04:41:31 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I should note for everyone joining the server that we cannot land ships on planets if they are over 1000 blocks.  They will be deleted by the admins.  Other rules listed here.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

messed around a little, there is loads of new stuff. want to set up a factory, but hate having to do not in a faction home, because invulnerability goes well into a pvp server :P

can we get build permissions on the planet? I?ll share whatever the factory will build as well.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

messed around a little, there is loads of new stuff. want to set up a factory, but hate having to do not in a faction home, because invulnerability goes well into a pvp server :P

can we get build permissions on the planet? I?ll share whatever the factory will build as well.

Didn't you accept the faction invite on the factions page?  I know I sent you one and have the area set to all members of the faction.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I had no trouble working on the planet, at least.

Probably get a couple hours to screw around tomorrow. Will mine all the things. Also, I noticed an unfactioned system that has multiple asteroid rings about it. If we need 'roids, we can go there. Or just claim it now.

I'll mail you the coordinates tomorrow.
I make Spellcrafts!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Built a station around the two planets close to each other through using a reward given from a game someone decide to launch.  Be careful if you decide to expand/upgrade it.  It cost 1000000 to place the initial block and production is not to the point where we can take that hit easily.  Also remember to keep the gate easily accessible.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah I didn't try to build stuff, I just flew around gathering stuff and building things

I'm gonna build a dock or something next time around so I can land without the game massively lagging

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Yeah, keep in mind that 100 mass limit for landing on planets.

What i think we should do is make a space station in orbit, preferably above a plate that is aligned to the grid if we hqve one so things aren't conjoining at 23* or some equally silly angle, with an elevator shaft down to the surface. We can then dock to the station, no craft ever needs to touch the planet. Pray that accidents never happen, but technically we could turn the station into a sphere surrounding the entire planet and set it as home base; accidents don't happen, because nothing gets in except through the elevator, which fits only personnel, and the elevator itself we can link to a logic system so that as it passes through the shaft, it is repeatedly checked to see if its stop effect is activated (defensive effects can be activated by logic, I'm pretty sure) That way, if the elevator gets undocked, it should just float there, rather than fall, and we can keep that below 100 mass anyway.

Anything on the station, above the atmosphere, shouldn't be subject to planetary gravity. Hopefully.

We can then do all sorts of fun things with our hermetically sealed planet in a ball.

By the way, I'm stuck at home today, so I won't be able to join... Sorry :/

(Double triple extra edit:)

Should probably ask the server Admins if this plan sound before moving ahead with it, though. Wouldn't want to get banned for making a pokeball planet that somehow induces lag even when no physics collisions are taking place.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:46:18 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I may hop on Starmade tomorrow or this evening.

Is the ElwynEternity server that was linked pretty much our unofficial server then? If it is, I'll edit a bit of the first post with it.

And how do I get to you guys? (stupid phone just refreshes the page instead of going to a new page, so it takes too long to look lol)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You could send a message to the faction "The Twelfth Bay" and make your way to sector 21, -19, 44. I would suggest using your starting credits to buy a jump drive computer+module, cloaking computer, and radar jammer. Keep the jammer on at all times, and jump there when you can. It'll take ages to charge, but as long as the jammer stays online you probably won't get murdered by surprise pirates, even if you decide to just fly there.

Also, I tried to make a sphere around a planet in single player ~257m in radius. Game crashed. Probably not a good idea to try that, but an orbital docking area should work fine.
I make Spellcrafts!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

You could send a message to the faction "The Twelfth Bay" and make your way to sector 21, -19, 44. I would suggest using your starting credits to buy a jump drive computer+module, cloaking computer, and radar jammer. Keep the jammer on at all times, and jump there when you can. It'll take ages to charge, but as long as the jammer stays online you probably won't get murdered by surprise pirates, even if you decide to just fly there.

Also, I tried to make a sphere around a planet in single player ~257m in radius. Game crashed. Probably not a good idea to try that, but an orbital docking area should work fine.

Do note that we cannot have it connected to the planet.  If it is, the gravity extends outwards to include it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do note that we cannot have it connected to the planet.  If it is, the gravity extends outwards to include it.

I'm pretty sure I got my spaceships to connect to the planet. It took a lot of trial and error though. It has to be just perfect between planet and space (about half the station I built was outside the planet gravity, the rest (however much it was) went into the planet. Forgot how I did it...but it worked I think. Don't really remember now.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking at the rules on that page you linked, "No parking ships on planets < 1000 mass PERIOD! Ships that show up in the log can be deleted without warning and/or compensation."

I think someone made a typo.

"- One faction per faction. factions that are discovered using multiple subsidiary factions, especially to take advantage of multiple home bases, will be deleted without warning."

So no making a faction for having war games or weapons testing?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 181