Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325211 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

more dakka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg_7r7NNFQU

but in this case, more sukka? Idontknow

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you make the beams fire in parallel instead of focusing on a single point?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are rows of the blocks in a chekerboard pattern and thus they are not touching each other

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, but even when I had multiple beams they all focused on one spot.

- beam modules touching:  single beam with one exit point and one target

- beam modules not touching:  multiple beams with multiple exit points, that all converge on a single target

I could not figure out how to make them fire parallel beams without converging.  Do they each need their own controller?  If so, how do you make them fire at the same time?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah I see what you mean! yes there is a key bind not to focus beams. I think it might be X, but I'll have to check

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh!  Is that what the "right click to fire unfocused" thing means?  Ah ha!

While I'm at it, is there any way to make more parts of your ship transparent from the cockpit view?  Or to get an outside view?  The key for free camera does not seem to do anything.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:35:04 am by puke »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I remember a camera block existing.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there is.

Is there any way to attach factories and refineries to ships?  Or do you have to set them down in some stationary spot whenever you want to use them?

Is there anything to see or interact with in the way of civilization, or just the shops and the pirates?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

This is gun' be gud....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Station or ship?  whats it do?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is the (very unfinished) bow segment of my new toy Oberon (since Eidolon is n/g), main laser (4503 blocks with slave and support) has ~250k dpt at 1 tick per 0.2 seconds for six seconds (costs 61 million energy tho') , backed up by six missile/cannons with good RoF but low damage (I do not view dumbfires as missiles, but as explosive cannon shells).  Not even started on propulsion, power is still u.c., shields will be kinda low, at ~200 meters I'd have to class her as a heavy cruiser once finished.  Turrets should be interesting as I haven't played with the rail system yet (dear effing hells I hope I don't need any stupid ass logic blocks to make this thing work)  Not my biggest or baddest by far, but should be fun.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is there a way to get continuous salvage beams?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clarification please?  Do you mean continuous firing or removing every block instead of a checkerboard?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Linking them up with cannons improves firing rate.  a 100% bonus (as many cannon blocks as salvage blocks) makes it nearly continuous.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That is the (very unfinished) bow segment of my new toy Oberon (since Eidolon is n/g), main laser (4503 blocks with slave and support) has ~250k dpt at 1 tick per 0.2 seconds for six seconds (costs 61 million energy tho') , backed up by six missile/cannons with good RoF but low damage (I do not view dumbfires as missiles, but as explosive cannon shells).  Not even started on propulsion, power is still u.c., shields will be kinda low, at ~200 meters I'd have to class her as a heavy cruiser once finished.  Turrets should be interesting as I haven't played with the rail system yet (dear effing hells I hope I don't need any stupid ass logic blocks to make this thing work)  Not my biggest or baddest by far, but should be fun.

Turrets only need rail dockers and turret axis blocks. AI and weapons on the second part.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 181