Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325239 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

No, I tried to clean Eidolon out several times, her internal layout is so complicated that it took almost four hours to clean out just the old salvage array and the machinegun AMC, nevermind the spars, wings, pylons, or hoop.  I could save time if I stripped out the walkable interior as well, but that would be kind of self-defeating.  Also, I never use missiles in a space game, ever.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I never use missiles in a space game, ever.

This seems like either a good way to find overlooked counter-tactics, or a good way to cripple your ability to build effective ships if there aren't any.

(Says a person who hasn't played in quite some time because of a combination of the game getting very grindy, and it taking forever to design and build ships, etc)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile

Rails? RAILS! More like docking ports with no size limit! I can finally build my giant parasite fighters!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You can also build conveyer rails inside the ship, functional elevators, moving armor plates, fighter cockpits that swing open, "Turrets" that aren't actually connected to the ship but floating around it... You know what? Maybe I can find something more to do with that bee queen ship I'd made way back when. Like instead of that stupid hangar door in the back I could try making the abdomen open up like a gaping maw of agony, as you could see if you catch a bee or wasp and watch it try to sting you.

Goddamn I just want this update to work so I can make stuff. Why u no download right!?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:09:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The conveyer rail might just be the best thing for docking large ships inside bigger ships without torquing them around in limited space until you can target with your core and banging up the inside of the hangar.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

...took almost four hours...

You could have that ship stripped of all systems in less then half an our;
change PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA in server.cfg to 300 (half the max dimension of the ship will do) or so
set the remove filter in advanced build mode to cannon blocks or whatever you want gone
turn on all symmetry planes and increase build area sliders to max
remove click at the rear at the axis of the symmetry planes

Easily mass-remove specific types of block with one click without disturbing anything else.

I'm playing with the new rail-docking system building a VF-1S model. It's a pretty flexible system.

https://youtu.be/uGxro3V7-S8

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I'm playing with the new rail-docking system building a VF-1S model. It's a pretty flexible system.

Holy crap, you can actually make proper transformers in this game now!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rails? RAILS! More like docking ports with no size limit! I can finally build my giant parasite fighters!

There's still a size limit, things will just undock from the rails if too big. They are supposed to replace the turret/docking thingy, I think. I don't remember from the video if the modules that increase size limit apply to a single rail or are ship wide tho.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Holy crap, you can actually make proper transformers in this game now!

Wow...I have not looked at this game in a long time. That's a pretty awesome feature!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile

There's still a size limit, things will just undock from the rails if too big. They are supposed to replace the turret/docking thingy, I think. I don't remember from the video if the modules that increase size limit apply to a single rail or are ship wide tho.
Its shipwide
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

just now got the most recent version running, and it appears that although an object might move at an extremely pathetic rate when docked to a rail, it won't be booted off the rail, even if the parent is comprised of only 6 blocks, and the child of over 580k blocks. Which is absolutely bizarre.

Also, nullforce, if you don't want to work on the Eidolon at the moment, may I have a copy of it to play with? :3
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Also, nullforce, if you don't want to work on the Eidolon at the moment, may I have a copy of it to play with? :3

If a download link is posted in thread, could be interesting to see how everyone modifies the design.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

I'll think about it, I actually had a hard-drive failure last year around Christmas, so I actually need to grab the backup sector save, then import it into a new world, then wait for it to be converted to the new format, then grab Eidolon and save a new blueprint, after I re-install Starmade.

Edit: also, if I do put it up, it will be via PM, with the understanding that the blueprint is not to be distributed (I get really nervous sharing my meager art and design skills with others, its basically the only thing I have any insecurity about.)

Pictures and stats are fine though (or video, if anyone feels it necessary.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:26:09 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

I want to like this game but it's so next-level complicated...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

It's only as complicated as you make it, honestly. Your best bet is starting off simple, even if that means the equivalent of Borg Cubes. Then work your way up to all that ghetto Gundam Mazinger Lagann Evangelion complicated stuff as you learn how the new stuff works.

I have no idea how anything works in this game since I stopped playing a super long time ago, but this is how I'll go about relearning stuff in the near future.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 181