Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325288 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1995 on: September 12, 2014, 06:06:16 am »

the devs continue to make changes, guess they didnt release that next to no one plays it anymore.  I think if they worked on ship AI, and expanding the options a little more they might get players back into it

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 12, 2014, 07:05:31 am »

Add making fight interesting, now you either win or lose, no margin at all, and if you ever get to being partially damaged it is messy to repair

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 12, 2014, 10:58:35 am »

There should be a way to make a ghost block mode or something, in fact you shouldn't even need materials to do that, just design it in 3D with any material you want and then you get told how many materials you need. Add some sort of auto-build machine and you can have it build it for you and it would double as a repair system. Maybe something that can only be done in the drydock or you need to build your own factory. You could still add things in-flight and decide whether they're "permanent" changes to the blueprint or not.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 12, 2014, 11:43:24 am »

I remember reading one of the plans for the game, back when this was first noticed, was to add a system where you could order a ship and have a machine expend resources to build it for you, along with the repairing idea there, but I would have no idea whether it's still a planned feature or not.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 12, 2014, 12:15:51 pm »

The 'shipyard' feature is still in the works, Schema's working pace has slowed a bit, but the newest releases are adding features, we just had warp gates and jumpdrives implemented with the most recent build.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 12, 2014, 12:29:43 pm »

I think it'd be awesome if Bay 12 members were all on one team, and that team had an enormous warship with a hangar, which held one small fighter for each member. It'd be like Star Fox.

Bay Fox?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 12, 2014, 12:31:46 pm »

Other than my deep seated hatred of starfighters, that sounds like it could be fun.  I really wish the new weapons system wasn't so cumbersome, then I might actually finish a new ship or, refit my Eidolon.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:23 pm »

I should redo my huge double hangar carrier as a jump ship.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 17, 2014, 03:56:04 am »

we need to pick one of the active servers to all pile onto to, there arent many left but one with capacity for a lot of peeps.  If we can get something going im in

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:58 am »

But then what? Pvp seems the only option and either you win or lose everything there is no being losing and retreating.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 17, 2014, 01:59:03 pm »

I really don't understand crafting, recipes are... arbitrary? Like, if I want to make 1 hull, I can get a random recipe saying I need like 500 "ICE GRASS" to make 1. Then, I try to get a recipe for ICE GRASS, and it needs tons of rare ores and a bunch of rock blocks to make a single ICE GRASS. Probably, if I try to get a recipe for 1 ROCK, I will need 100 hull pieces or cannons or something stupid like that. What's the point? And at 5000 items per try, I'm going to need to burn thru a LOT of hull pieces to get one recipe that's not 100% idiotic.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 17, 2014, 05:03:52 pm »

they are halfway to fix that, thankfully

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 17, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »

we need to pick one of the active servers to all pile onto to, there arent many left but one with capacity for a lot of peeps.  If we can get something going im in

This one appears to have a pretty high maximum.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 18, 2014, 12:21:54 am »

I'm gonna wager that the server admin just set the max players to 1337 because it's leet for leet.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 18, 2014, 12:44:33 am »

Other than my deep seated hatred of starfighters, that sounds like it could be fun.  I really wish the new weapons system wasn't so cumbersome, then I might actually finish a new ship or, refit my Eidolon.

I think the issue with secondary and effect systems not factoring in to a weapons DPS has been fixed. Shouldnt be too hard to test, anyway. You could give the Eidolon a big rapid-fire cannon again or whatever. Also, shields took a corresponding nerf, so killing things is actually possible again. :P
Additionally, I think armor tanking might be feasible at this point. Cannon/beam weapons with low rates of fire can't penetrate thick hulls rapidly, and come with a low ROF by default. There are effect subsystems which increase armor resistance by 50% and 75% protection against piercing effects (which deal damage to a block and the one behind it.) Also, I was reading the forums recently and noted the new devbuild supposedly has a bobby ai setting to target missiles, which can be destroyed in-flight. If that actually works, you can use point-defense turrets to protect against missiles. Which is awesome.

There is also a new copy-paste function in build mode, a filter for the remove function to only remove specific blocks, and in the devbuild a replace blocks option (replace blocks of type A with type B) and permanent save functionality to the copy-paste function.

My plan right now is to design the hulls of my vessels, save them as blueprints, and fill them in during play. Now I just need access to the computer lab...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:46:26 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 181