Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325331 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1920 on: March 30, 2014, 02:50:30 am »

I like sticking lots of small 3x3 turrets all over my ships. That way when an enemy flies over I get a cool wave of shots following after them. Style over efficiency. :P

That's ay-ok, play as you like but some people go overboard to the point of java to crash.

Also I'm in the middle of building a new Destroyer class ship and I REALLY LOVE the new blocks in the latest update. It makes building that much better.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 30, 2014, 06:09:42 pm »

I'm hoping that they make a limit to the size of ships. It got annoying when someone actually tried to move their "larger then 4 planets" ships.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 30, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »

That would make a great server configuration option, but I certainly wouldn't want a hardcoded limit to the game.

Speaking of planets, has anyone tried putting gravity control units on one yet? Can you override the planet's gravity?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »

I'm hoping that they make a limit to the size of ships. It got annoying when someone actually tried to move their "larger then 4 planets" ships.

People did that to grief servers. Not all people of course, just griefers. More like a bug that needs fixed than ignore it and it goes away.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 31, 2014, 01:13:45 am »

People did that to grief servers. Not all people of course, just griefers. More like a bug that needs fixed than ignore it and it goes away.
I've seen MASSIVE rectangles as turrets, so don't tell me only griefers do this. People spend way too much time on their ships making them huge and stylish, then try to drive them.

And even if only griefers made lag inducing ships, it's still never a good idea and should be limited.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 31, 2014, 01:29:05 am »

It's a problem when you want to recreate a ship from a sci-fi series and find that even the smallest frigates are about 300m in length. Sci-fi so often has a huge, impractical scale to things.

Star Destroyer: 1600m.
Nebulon B Frigate: 300m.
Miranda class: 234.7m.

Scaling things down is necessary, even if I don't really like doing so but well... I don't want to spend hours making something that big again and having to figure out what to do with all the empty space inside.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 31, 2014, 01:43:49 am »

because we're stuck at 60s scify where you have to man every station or else they won't fire/operate etc.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 31, 2014, 01:56:11 am »

I really like the idea of huge crews manning things like doors, gun turrets, control towers for docking and on and on but yes, if it was real life it would all be automated.

The International Space Station has a crew of 6 people, then you have Battlefleet Gothic where I'm pretty sure they load the cannons by using cranes worked by huge teams of slaves.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 31, 2014, 02:42:51 am »

Ahaha now I am stuck with this mental image of people dressed like doors standing in the archway of the enterprise, moving aside when someone comes trough

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 31, 2014, 02:53:38 am »

Job description: Must be able to make "whoosh" noise on demand.

I pity the people on the vertical sliding doors. "Whoos-THUD".

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 31, 2014, 11:08:08 pm »

Spoiler: Whispers from the void (click to show/hide)
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:19 pm »

I saw someone's fighter design on a server as a pirate and I liked the wing design. So I decided to put one together.

Lots of space to add more turrets too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:24:21 pm by Blaze »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1932 on: April 01, 2014, 12:50:00 am »

It has been just over two weeks since the last patch was released.  Everyone has been speculating about what will be in the next patch and it is an exciting time for all.  So I felt it was time to announce something. 

We've been told that our planets were falling a bit flat, so to boost their popularity we have insured that they are using all 3 dimensions and players will be able to build on them just as before. 

-Calbiri
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 01, 2014, 03:13:19 pm »

oooh! This is gonna be good!

Also, directional gravity through gravity units DOES work on planets. Fling yourself sideways into space all you want!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 01, 2014, 03:21:05 pm »

d12 planets
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 181