Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325409 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1800 on: November 17, 2013, 06:34:37 pm »

@Kadzar AI and creatures sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to that!
And yep, I love the adv build mode. Every block-based game should feature something like that, I did a medium-sized ship in an hour or so.

@SquatchHammer That's nice. I just wanted to get some view on how the development is going since I'm out of the loop regarding StarMade.
But the game could use optimization and I'm not really fond of the "sector" thing. For example, I don't know if it was a bug or is already fixed, but when you're fighting a pirate in the edge of the sector, it bugs and teleports your ship and the pirate ship around. Is that how it's supposed to work?
Also, didn't know about asteroids. Thats sound fun. Throwing asteroids on someone's base or into a planet  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: November 17, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »

Sadly, no tractor beams yet to hurl them by a click of a mouse, but it is a heavily requested feature in the game. Also you cant really "destroy" anything with them yet except maybe the game itself.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 17, 2013, 07:53:34 pm »

So I'm noticing pretty huge structures being built.
Did they put in a creative mode while I was away, or is production a lot better now?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 17, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »

Well I got materials for my current ship by dismantling a pirate station with a build block and taking apart any Isanths that come near my base and get shot down by the turrets.

I think I've heard that by using the new recipes, the efficiency of the recipe will eventually upgrade itself so that you will get quite a lot of blocks for whatever ore you're using. Though I'm reluctant to try the recipes since they take 5000 of whatever block you need and will give out a random recipe that might turn out to be crap.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 17, 2013, 09:15:25 pm »

I tried to get you the purple hull and sell it to your shop. You only had enough for one block. And for the Isanths, there were about 3 waves when i was trying to get into your base.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 17, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »

Well I got materials for my current ship by dismantling a pirate station with a build block and taking apart any Isanths that come near my base and get shot down by the turrets.

I think I've heard that by using the new recipes, the efficiency of the recipe will eventually upgrade itself so that you will get quite a lot of blocks for whatever ore you're using. Though I'm reluctant to try the recipes since they take 5000 of whatever block you need and will give out a random recipe that might turn out to be crap.

I can personally confirm that recipes will get better as you use them.  I recall before the reset I had a recipe that would give something around 15 power blocks for 2 blocks of l1 ore every 5 seconds.  But also as you said expect to try 5 or 10 times at buying a recipe before you get something viable.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 17, 2013, 09:22:30 pm »

Where are people's bases? I have no idea where anything is in this new world :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 17, 2013, 09:35:38 pm »

I tried to get you the purple hull and sell it to your shop. You only had enough for one block. And for the Isanths, there were about 3 waves when i was trying to get into your base.
Really? Last time I checked, I had 5mil in the shop. Though that was around when I first put the shop in, so I guess it's quite possible someone else sold me something else before then.

Where are people's bases? I have no idea where anything is in this new world :P
You should be able to find the coordinates of a home base from the faction tab in the sub-tab that says "Faction Hub". That's how I found home bases in the previous version of the server.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1808 on: November 17, 2013, 09:44:44 pm »

So people who have been playing on my server may have noticed it went down a few hours ago. The computer it was on suddenly died on me. So far I have been able to get it running again but the drive that the data was on is more or less dead. I'll try to recover the save but right now it looks like we may be starting a new world. Sorry about that.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 17, 2013, 09:48:27 pm »

So people who have been playing on my server may have noticed it went down a few hours ago. The computer it was on suddenly died on me. So far I have been able to get it running again but the drive that the data was on is more or less dead. I'll try to recover the save but right now it looks like we may be starting a new world. Sorry about that.

Ah, that's a shame, I was wondering why I couldn't connect.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1810 on: November 17, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »

Indeed. I lost some other good stuff on that drive as well.

I'm still hoping to recover it but if I can't by tomorrow I'll just put up a new server world.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 17, 2013, 10:03:43 pm »

Good thing I saved the ship I've bee working on last night. Fun fact: that was the only time I've actually saved that ship.

If we do need to start a new world, I think I'll capture another pirate station for my home base and this time try to make it look new (as in, get rid of all the blue and purple hull all over the place and fill in the gaps of hull left behind). Even if we don't need a new world, I still want a to make a base like that eventually.
Glory to Arstotzka!

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 17, 2013, 11:38:13 pm »

If you do make a new world Forsaken, please lower the recipe costs so we could at least try making something. I had a huge collection of power gen/storage I was trying to see if i could make a recipe to be at least reasonable to use and try to service the community by giving them what they need.

If the server reset doesnt need to happen, I am still going to try to get the manufacturing up for you guys to buy (hopefully at very reduced prices or given when needed) the materials you need to make ships. I really like playing on the server, especially when someone comes on.

King of Candy Island.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: November 18, 2013, 04:32:05 pm »

Been chugging along with the Vanguard, up to 2.3 million blocks placed so far.  I finished the floor and launch door of the Eidolon dock, and have successfully docked and undocked twice with the Eidolon.  I am currently framing up the main hull, since I have chosen to use hardened white hull, 5 meters deep, this is a laborious process to say the least.  I am confident at this point that I will reach 3 million blocks at least before she is completed.

In other news, just before Forsaken's server went down I saw a massive ship parked next to my homeworld, to whom did it belong?  I only ask because it was very deliberately parked just outside of easy veiwing position, on the opposite side of the planet from Eidolon (probably a very good call by the owner, Eidolon's turrets are really nasty).  Hope Forsaken can recover his data from his HD, I ended up losing all the baby pictures of my oldest son with this latest virus fiasco (my wife has backups tho').
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »

Is the server still offline?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 181