Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325452 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1710 on: October 21, 2013, 04:16:13 pm »

Can't connect either, server's probably down.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1711 on: October 21, 2013, 07:38:10 pm »

Yeah I was doing some stuff with the server box. I'm bringing up a new world tonight btw.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 21, 2013, 11:06:03 pm »

I don't know why, but my connection to the server is really laggy when anywhere near a planet, this is strange because until now I have never lagged out near anything.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:30 am »

Well since the restart I had an adventure.

Story behind it begins with me logging on to the server and building my crap ship to get my Keen back. Well found out there is a pirate group nearby and was stupid enough to do a flyby. Needless to say I was being chased, and directed into a pirate base. Well I got killed.

Popped back at spawn, thinking aw fuck I'm screwed when spotting an Isenth coming at me so i ducked behind the station. Well for some reason the A.I. wigged the fuck out.  Seeing my psychological attack had worked, I seized the opportunity to attack the best way I can.... Charging forth as any Imperial Guard Commisar in tank wielding a sword would do. Well in the end, I am up a space ship.

Note, thanks to Oblivion for saving the day for bay12, so the server is now safe to blow up. Another note, He said the station was a little op.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 22, 2013, 12:44:32 am »

World reset?

Forsaken, you still have the old catalog of ship blueprints from before purging them, right? I had a legionary battleship blueprint (not the demigod... I can't remember the name though.) that I loved, but never downloaded! Could you please send me a copy? ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1715 on: October 22, 2013, 07:00:30 pm »

Server is up.

Forsaken, please could you raise the speed limit again?
Speed raised.

World reset?

Forsaken, you still have the old catalog of ship blueprints from before purging them, right? I had a legionary battleship blueprint (not the demigod... I can't remember the name though.) that I loved, but never downloaded! Could you please send me a copy? ;-;
I will look. No promises. I did give a bit of warning. :P

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 22, 2013, 11:18:34 pm »

I'm getting the same thing. Is it down?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: October 23, 2013, 04:18:22 am »

Yes, is the host:port numbers still the same as they were back in August/September? Version 0.0943 yes?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1718 on: October 23, 2013, 05:39:17 am »

Its back up now. That was my fault.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 24, 2013, 03:58:36 am »

Cubemaster Blockyards would like to present our latest products;

Light mech - Mayonnaise

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heavy assault mech - Catsup

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a shipyards thread in the Starmade forums screenshot thread. with all the stats, more pictures and download links.

My latest project is a meta-armored ship core room. I'm heavily abusing the docking code to create armor that is 3-6 (or so) blocks 'thick' forced to occupy the same cube space though through docking clipping backed up by a checkerboard of faction modules around a 3x3x4 room containing the core (and whatever else) wrapped in a layer of power blocks and shield dispersers. It's weird but it's working and loads in without flying apart. Now I just need a design idea for a cruiser to wrap around it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 26, 2013, 07:53:24 am »

Does no one except me go on the server?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 26, 2013, 08:39:44 am »

I've been having serious lag problems on the server lately, I keep getting randomly disconnected too.  I think it's on my side, my connection has been slowly weakening, over the last week.  For anyone who doesn't know, there are several upgraded pirate stations near spawn, and for no apparent reason the whole of the -1 system lags to hell (at least for me)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 26, 2013, 09:19:36 am »

I want to log on, I would love to hang around and build stuff all day long, but I CAN'T!  As i said, my connection is shot to hell and the whole server lags me really badly, like 2000+ ping badly, and I cannot figure out why, I have checked everything from our router to each individual setting in StarMade and on my computer.  I can't hang out if I get d'conned every five minutes while sitting stock still.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 28, 2013, 12:17:08 am »

I logged onto the server for the first time since the reset, and in that time I have managed to colonize a bit of the new world in the name of Team Space Pirate Wizard.

But enough about those other people; let's talk about what I've done.
I decided to get closer so that I could actually line up my shots properly, but went a little too fast and, since the ship wasn't shielded and there weren't too many thrusters on the thing, I wasn't able to get out fast enough to avoid my gun ship being torn apart my turret fire.
One at a time, I turned the cloaker and the jammer on and off, noticing no reaction from the turrets. Then I turned them both off, and noticed the turrets moving! I immediately reactivated them, but eventually, due to perhaps scientific curiousity, I decided to see what would happen if I kept myself visible a little while more. The turrets wiggled, but I realized that they could not turn inward to shoot at me. The station was at my mercy!

Unfortunately, I found my pistol to be a bit too merciful too overcome the stations shields. I needed some more firepower, but I had used up all my AMCs making the gun ship that got blown up. So, after extracting myself to get to a store, a close call with a pirate fleet, and the same song and dance routine as before, I was back in place and built myself a proper piece to take out the station's faction module.
Spoiler: My Gat (click to show/hide)
And after going through all that to take the station down, and since I didn't have a better place to stash the loot anyway, I decide to make the station into my homebase.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 28, 2013, 03:25:20 am »

Marked out a planet of my own.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 181