Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325615 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1485 on: September 01, 2013, 08:11:03 pm »

shaders of death? wut?

Also, I like how even updated my computer likes to revoke my controls and crash the game at random, in the same fashion it has been for a month. I wonder if it just hates my computer as a whole or some driver/software.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 01, 2013, 08:11:17 pm »

A lot of my stuff in 3x3 and I use symmetry fine.  Unless I misunderstand can't you use oddsym mode?

Symetry...
Oddsym...
Odd numbers...

...shit.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 01, 2013, 09:35:46 pm »

Urist, you made me think: what I need to do is make a ship hull with engines and power systems, then put it up onto the catalogue so that people can buy it then modify and fill it with anything they want.

I like that, so its kinda like you buy the basic system then upgrade the guns, engines, shields, whatev. Almost makes me think back to games like Navyfield and WoT.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 01, 2013, 10:32:26 pm »

Today I went around the server, visiting places I'd been to before and taking pictures of things that were new (or at least that I didn't remember from last time I was there).

Urist, you made me think: what I need to do is make a ship hull with engines and power systems, then put it up onto the catalogue so that people can buy it then modify and fill it with anything they want.
Yes, I'd very much like that. Please people, make some cool hulls and put them in the catalog so I can customize them in my space garage. That is all I ever wanted.

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »

Is my asteroid still in the catalog? There's lots of room inside to customize it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:16 pm »

I don't think I saw any asteroids in the catalog when I looked through it on Friday.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 01, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

I wish you'd posted those pics of my fugly cruiser. IT WORKS ALONE.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 02, 2013, 12:16:23 am »

Spoiler: This one? (click to show/hide)

Also, feel free to delete that core with my name on that's in that hole in your base.

Spoiler: this one (click to show/hide)

I just left it behind because there was no way to get out of there without leaving a core behind and I can't access it without going back in there and getting stuck.
Glory to Arstotzka!

stuntaneous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ungodly beard of awesome]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 02, 2013, 01:46:34 am »

They're some ah.. nice Star Destroyers and stuff you have there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 02, 2013, 07:02:29 am »

No, I meant the one with the fancy GSC on the back.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 02, 2013, 07:22:44 am »

That modified Jotun was my work. I saw the Jotun as it was first modified, and thought it looked good. And then I decided to add in some Missiles.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 02, 2013, 10:38:19 am »

Added the Asteroid to the catalog. For some reason it has an engine stuck on the outside. No clue where that came from. Just pop it off. Entry is via the "bottom" of the ship. The skin is thin, so take that to heart when modifying it. The ship does have a "black box". Have fun finding it and exploring the inside. The whole thing was hand carved and I'm rather proud of it. No lasers were used in its making.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 02, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »

Is there room for a noob who'd like to join up with fellow bay12-ers? Just toyed around some in sandbox, and I must say, I had good fun.
I'm interested mostly in building nice big ships, and will probably want to delve into factories and production chains as well. Is that possible on the bay12 server, or do I need to grind rescources for weeks, in a crappy ship for that first?

I entered the server adress found in the OP from this thread in the launcher's "Host:Port" box. Is that correct?
Or should I leave that at localhost:4242 and enter 68.55.212.49:4242 somewhere else?

It gave me a message, that that server had not updated yet. Which makes me suspect I entered it correctly, and that is because of today's update.

Just curious: can you build missile turrets? Or are turrets restricted to direct fire weapons?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 02, 2013, 12:25:35 pm »

Does docking ships add their power generation abilities to the main ship, or am I correct in assuming that they do not?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 02, 2013, 12:34:34 pm »

I think docked ships only take.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 181