Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325659 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1425 on: August 29, 2013, 05:50:05 pm »

Alright, I logged in and reset the faction to non-asshole. Glloyd, you're also now a member of the first rank and have most permissions enabled.

Also, whoever made the blockade runner; that's awesome. I couldnt really admire it because this computer is crap and wants to catch on fire if I run the game too long. A few days and I'll have a connection on my personal desktop and I can actually have some fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:56 pm »

Yay, Eric's almost back :D
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 29, 2013, 08:08:44 pm »

Alright, I logged in and reset the faction to non-asshole. Glloyd, you're also now a member of the first rank and have most permissions enabled.

Also, whoever made the blockade runner; that's awesome. I couldnt really admire it because this computer is crap and wants to catch on fire if I run the game too long. A few days and I'll have a connection on my personal desktop and I can actually have some fun.

Ah, the blockade runner was mine. I factioned it, but then the pods messed up, so I need to change their design. Which is why it's unfactioned right now. Also, yay! I'll be logging in again tonight finally.

EDIT: Noone's on right now. So lonely.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:24:12 pm by Glloyd »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 29, 2013, 08:56:50 pm »

I have attempted to make that factory room seem as creepy as possible.  The strange omnipresent roaring sound, the feeling of being on a small white platform in a endless abyss of pitch black...  I also may or may not be breeding baby Grues in there.

Did I succeed?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:07:17 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 29, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »

I have attempted to make that factory room seem as creepy as possible.  The strange omnipresent roaring sound, the feeling of being on a small white platform in a endless abyss of pitch black...  I also may or may not be breeding baby Grues in there.

Did I succeed?
I didn't see any Grues, but it might be that the young ones prefer to hide until they're big enough to swallow a person whole.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 29, 2013, 09:34:10 pm »

Hey guys, just wanted to say I won't be around much this week, as moving will be temporarily absorbing my life.  Hopefully I'll be back in few days to a week.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 29, 2013, 09:52:43 pm »

I made a corvette class ship, but felt that it didn't have enough Dakka.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:55:56 pm by Blaze »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:07 pm »

I made a corvette class ship, but felt that it didn't have enough Dakka.

Cor, datz zoggin bootiful dat iz.

http://1d4chan.org/images/4/42/1229746903774.jpg
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 29, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »

Solar Federation and GM seem to have a bug with eachother.  I keep sending peace offers but they don't seem to be received, and I'm not getting peace offers from Solar federation either.

Not sure whether to give it a day or two and see if it sorts itself out or what.

P.S. I have also recently discovered an old factory I forgot about that has apparently been cranking out thrusters for days.  I currently have a little over 1.5 million thrusters, the capability of turning 2 vappicide L1 into 22 thrusters, per cycle,(via a 2 step process) and more than 100 million vappicide. 

So I'm selling thrusters 99999 at a time for 50 credits each.  (which I think is some crazy fraction of the price) so if you need thrusters cheap, come and get them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:38:19 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 29, 2013, 11:28:23 pm »

So I made a salvage ship with 300 different cannon groups, all consisting of 30 cannon blocks. I then proceeded to eat a planet within minutes. It was a good day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 30, 2013, 12:33:21 am »

Wasn't there some mention about an update causing weapons groups for which the computer is oriented in a direction other than straight forward actually firing the weapons group in the direction the computer is facing? Because then you could totally make a 400-meter-diameter ship, something like the warships in Independence Day, and have the entire bottom of the ship one gargantuan checkerboard of salvage beams.

Speaking of big ships, I am currently constructing a 300x250xsomething meter, oval-shaped titan of a ship, including docks for four enormous turrets on the top deck, and probably two more below. Pics of that tomorrow.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 30, 2013, 12:36:38 am »

Wasn't there some mention about an update causing weapons groups for which the computer is oriented in a direction other than straight forward actually firing the weapons group in the direction the computer is facing? Because then you could totally make a 400-meter-diameter ship, something like the warships in Independence Day, and have the entire bottom of the ship one gargantuan checkerboard of salvage beams.

Speaking of big ships, I am currently constructing a 300x250xsomething meter, oval-shaped titan of a ship, including docks for four enormous turrets on the top deck, and probably two more below. Pics of that tomorrow.

Yup. I was thinking about doing something like that with dumb missiles, and making a bomber.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 30, 2013, 01:58:40 am »

I'd probably have to test it, but I bet you could make a pretty effective hit-and-run bomber if you used lock-on targeting missiles mounted on the sides, getting the lock on with your approach and firing as you pass them.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 30, 2013, 02:53:57 am »

Not to mention a skirmish ship charging at a crowd softening everyone ahead with cannons before letting loose a cloud of heat-seekers as he passes them.

Spoiler: By "cloud" I mean this (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 30, 2013, 05:13:23 am »

This looks very interesting..
I think I might download it now  :P
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 181