Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325748 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1305 on: August 12, 2013, 06:39:55 pm »

Server appears to be up...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 12, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »

It seems to have bugged out.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1307 on: August 12, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

It seems to have bugged out.
You sure? I reset it and its up now.

Edit: And I am able to connect to it

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 12, 2013, 08:05:24 pm »

So there's a new block.

I don't like the behavior. Better would be if you could like it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 12, 2013, 09:02:00 pm »

Oh, so all of you guys are around -1, -1, -1? I might dismantle my base and move there then.

Yeah, the star is located in sector -8,-8,-8, and I think about half of the players have bases in there. I know Facekillz, Eric, the two members of TeamSpacePirateWizard, Greiger and I live in there, and I think AseaHeru and some others are moving there. There could be more, those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

I have an idea for our next megaproject! We find a suitable planet in the solar system where most players reside (I believe it's StarSys -1,-1,-1, either way, the star is located at -8,-8,-8) and strip it down to the bottom row of blocks. Then, we expand that bottom row, and build a mega city on top of it. In my mind, it's something like Coruscant from Star Wars, or the Citadel from Mass Effect. Have a factory district, housing district, political district (I'll get back to this) and some sort of intergalactic airport dealy. (Or even do it in an upper level, lower level type thing) So, the planet would need to be unfactioned, naturally, but I think it'd be cool if we made a "Political District" in which we would have a large meeting hall (The Galactic Senate... Oh god, I'm such a Star Wars nerd) and outside, each faction could build their own embassy, and have the planet be a sort of neutral zone, where we can all meet and settle wars and peace and whatnot. It sounds totally impractical, but I think it'd be a pretty cool thing to have/do.

If the server world hasn't been changed, I started a planet wide city at -6,-10,-3. It's only a few structures placed around on the ground level, but it has one really tall tower and a planet spanning lava drain going from one side to the other.
As I said in game a few months ago, anyone is welcome to build on there and build what they want, up to and including knocking walls through other buildings to make walkways and so forth.

My plan was for a hivecity (read: a pyramid of structures with heaps of lost sections) with a  loose theme of black and grey buildings, but whatever structures suit you is fine.

Yeah, I saw that last night! Is it unfactioned do you know?

It is unfactioned, though it's only a short distance from the Magma Fleet home world.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 12, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »

So there's a new block.

It sounds like something that will come in very handy for the server, so that we can actually give access to factioned things without having to resort to docking or neutral station shenanigans. I agree that being able to link items instead of just putting them adjacent would be better (I don't know if there was a technical reason behind this decision or what), but this sounds super-useful and not something I thought we'd see for a while, so I'm pretty excited.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they probably won't spawn in the old shops (since apparently that EMP thing didn't either). If that's the case, I'm thinking it might be nice if someone could schematize a ship that's just a cube of them, so those of us in the old parts of the world can make use of them.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 12, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »

So there's a new block.

It sounds like something that will come in very handy for the server, so that we can actually give access to factioned things without having to resort to docking or neutral station shenanigans. I agree that being able to link items instead of just putting them adjacent would be better (I don't know if there was a technical reason behind this decision or what), but this sounds super-useful and not something I thought we'd see for a while, so I'm pretty excited.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they probably won't spawn in the old shops (since apparently that EMP thing didn't either). If that's the case, I'm thinking it might be nice if someone could schematize a ship that's just a cube of them, so those of us in the old parts of the world can make use of them.

Yeah, I'll upload a blueprint of the pulse blocks, because apparently I have a ton. To find new shops, you'll have to head out to at least the -20's. Not sure about the pluses though.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:58 pm »

Alternately we can ask forsaken to reset all the shops.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 12, 2013, 11:24:29 pm »

Okay, I'm experiencing a really strange bug. It would appear that Eric's faction is hostile to all neutral objects, so please PLEASE do no come anywhere near Eric's planet. (-5,-6,-9) It won't turn out well for you, or us. So until we figure out what exactly is happening, try to steer clear of there.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 13, 2013, 12:06:12 am »

Okay, I'm experiencing a really strange bug. It would appear that Eric's faction is hostile to all neutral objects, so please PLEASE do no come anywhere near Eric's planet. (-5,-6,-9) It won't turn out well for you, or us. So until we figure out what exactly is happening, try to steer clear of there.

Actually its not a bug. It's one of the options of a faction to shot at anything that isnt an ally. So anyone that can do anything in Eric's faction please shut that off.

On another note. I finally got a bridge up and running on my ship

Spoiler: Images are neet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: I just love this shot. (click to show/hide)

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 13, 2013, 12:09:49 am »

Actually its not a bug. It's one of the options of a faction to shot at anything that isnt an ally. So anyone that can do anything in Eric's faction please shut that off.

On another note. I finally got a bridge up and running on my ship

Spoiler: Images are neet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: I just love this shot. (click to show/hide)

Yeah, it seems I don't have the permissions necessary to change that, so we'll have to wait for Eric.

Also, I'm still confused as to how I broke gravity, but only for myself. Before I logged off that night, I went to other planets, and lo, gravity did not like me there either. Gravity works on me now, but it was fun while it lasted. (And scary. I kept expecting to plummet towards the planet a la Icarus... Even there there's no fall damage, I'm so used to fall damage, I thought I would die anyways).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 13, 2013, 02:56:02 am »

I unfortunately have no access to starmade because my PC (and every other) is packed away for moving house, unless I can somehow run it on ubuntu. And I have no idea how Ubuntu really works, I'm just lucky firefox makes sense on it.

So, for the next week or two, I will not be able to resolve the shooting-at-everyone issue, nor give Glloyd a promotion. Tomorrow will be my last day with internet access, or access to this laptop, and after that point I'm limited to my smartphone's network access for my internet needs until we can establish service at the destination, the timeline of which cannot at this point be determined. Perhaps Forsaken can figure it out through admin commands?

Bad things always happen to me when I can't do anything to mitigate the damage ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 13, 2013, 03:21:16 am »

I unfortunately have no access to starmade because my PC (and every other) is packed away for moving house, unless I can somehow run it on ubuntu. And I have no idea how Ubuntu really works, I'm just lucky firefox makes sense on it.

So, for the next week or two, I will not be able to resolve the shooting-at-everyone issue, nor give Glloyd a promotion. Tomorrow will be my last day with internet access, or access to this laptop, and after that point I'm limited to my smartphone's network access for my internet needs until we can establish service at the destination, the timeline of which cannot at this point be determined. Perhaps Forsaken can figure it out through admin commands?

Bad things always happen to me when I can't do anything to mitigate the damage ;-;
OHHHHH NOOOOOO
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 13, 2013, 08:43:45 am »

Also I just want to say thank you to Forsaken for setting up and administering the server, because it's nice to appreciate people for letting us be insane on their dime.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 13, 2013, 09:49:25 am »

Honestly I find the situation with Eric hilarious.  Makes me want to play and set up a giant death base, complete with giant DO NOT APPROACH signs.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 181